BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Constant urge to stretch during week off.

I've been back into lifting the past 8 weeks, intentionally trying to find my limits for training intensity without tearing a muscle. Recently I've Been lifting 3-4 days per week for about 1.5 to 2 hours each session.

I found that limit last week after two beautifully intense sessions and realized that I had crossed the boundaries of safe weekly workload.

I'm near the end of a week off to recover (doing a few miles walking every couple days). I just had no energy or motivation to lift, and recognized that as lifting overkill.

I've noticed that I'm CONSTANTLY filled with the urge to stretch. The first few days off were really crazy.

At 43 I'm almost ready to just blame age but I feel like it has more to do with the lack of lifting.

Think I made a mistake by stopping cold turkey for a week? I was only about 8 weeks in.

And fwiw this has been a glorious 8 weeks. I've definitely packed on some satisfying muscle growth. Nothing all that visible yet, but I sure notice it.