VonMaterhorn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Home gym exercise substitution questions

So I have this home gym (not really mine, but I get to use it), and it's actually pretty well equipped. But of course there are some weights missing.

I'm doing the Viking's Bare Bones program, and I made a few adjustments, please let me know if there are OK or if there are better once:

Single leg press machine - - > Bulgarian barbell squat
    -we don't have a leg press machine

Leg press machine - - > Front barbell squat

DB Incline chest press - -> barbell Incline press
    -the DB weight is only upto 20Kg, which is too low for me now

Leg curl press-->single leg curl standing up (doing one leg at a time by standing up in the leg extension machine)

That's it basically, please let me know what do you think, thanks!

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is easy to lose one's balance with Bulgarian split squats... that's ok if you're using dumbbells but I would absolutely not do them using a barbell. Perhaps just do multiple types of back squats? Ie, low bar with feet wider and high bar with feet narrower as well as front squats. Or if you want to stick with one type perhaps do paused and non-paused versions. The other changes should be fine.

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    It is easy to lose one's balance with Bulgarian split squats... that's ok if you're using dumbbells but I would absolutely not do them using a barbell. Perhaps just do multiple types of back squats? Ie, low bar with feet wider and high bar with feet narrower as well as front squats. Or if you want to stick with one type perhaps do paused and non-paused versions. The other changes should be fine.

Interesting! The problem I have with dumbbells is, that as I mentioned I only have them up to 20kg, which should only do the trick for a little while.

Thank you for your answer, and thanks for the heads up!

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go ahead and do a high rep set of bulgarian split squats with the 20kg dumbbells wile also wearing a backpack with extra weight and based on my personal experience you'll realize it can work quite effectively. I once did a 20 rep set holding 50 pound dumbbells and that was incredibly exhausting and soreness-inducing.

EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Elevating your front foot will make the bulgarian split squats even harder so try that! That extra ROM will make it tough even with 20 kg dumbbells.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Elevating your front foot will make the bulgarian split squats even harder so try that! That extra ROM will make it tough even with 20 kg dumbbells.
    Elevating as in placing it farther away from me?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by VonMaterhorn View Post
    Elevating as in placing it farther away from me?
    No, I would think he means higher up off the ground. So you dip your knee below the level of your foot.