clydeashelton is on a distinguished road. (+10)

anything wrong with low calorie diet for short period of time?

Hi

I have been eating between 800-1000 calories a day for the past week and wondering if this is bad and does it cause any major problems? I'm really fat so I weigh around 315 pounds. I am wanting to eat low calories for maybe the whole month to just get the ball rolling and its really motivating seeing weight come off fast when I diet like this. I will only be doing it for a month (think of it like a bootcamp) then eat at a 500 cal deficit until I reach my desired weight.

Another question: is there long terms side effects of low calorie dieting for a long time?
    Last edited by clydeashelton; 09-08-2021 at 02:20 AM. Reason: mistakes

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    At your weight, maybe not. You do need to pay attention to essential nutrients which are harder to get from such a restrictive calorie budget. You need all your basic vitamins, minerals, essential fats, protein etc. This can generally be accomplished fairly well if you eat meat and vegetables as your main intake. These foods also happen to make it easier to keep diet under control compared to more processed products.

Be sure to include oily fish or vegetable sources of fat like avocado.

If you were leaner, you would be risking muscle loss - that is the main side effect of very low calorie intakes.

cool thanks

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    At your weight it’s fine as long as you get in the proper nutrients which is the minimum amount of protein and good fats. Once you lean out to a more normal weight then you’ll want to move into a more conventional diet/calorie amount.

When you get to a weight that you can live with you’ll at that point have to stay at that calorie amount as you’ll most likely stop losing when you get to be where you want.

The weight will go back on quickly if you start reverting back to old eating habits then all your work was for nothing
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Hey me again,

End of week 2 and I'm at 302 pounds now. I was wondering do I have to worry about loose skin if my goal is drop around 125 more pounds to reach 170-180 pounds bodyweight. I read that age and speed at which you lose weight are major factors in whether you have loose skin or not. Is loose skin inevitable even at 25 and my fat is kind of spread evenly through out my body. My strategy is to lose the first 45 to 65 pounds fast then up my calories to make a 500cal deficit when I am 242 pounds. Do you think this will work?
    Last edited by clydeashelton; 09-19-2021 at 06:24 AM.