ReboundReps is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Upper body without presses or rows

My tricep tendonosis is playing up again so need to avoid aggravating it.

Can I still get some decent upper body sessions in if I keep presses / rows etc to a minimum? I'm thinking of doing one lot of DB presses each week, 1 lot of DB rows and 1 lot of DB shoulder presses

Then the rest of my upper body routine could just be flys / reverse fly sorta exercises... and loads of work on my traps. Basically any straight arm exercises and maybe a little bit of bicep work.

I know it's not ideal but from my previous experience it's the only way to go without making things worse. I know people suggest things like close-grip bench presses but that just makes things worse for me.

And in terms of actually fixing the tendonosis itself, I'll mainly stick with eccentric exercises.

jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Probably you can maintain.. or who knows, it depends on several factors.

How about pullovers (dumbell, cable), farmer walks and deadflifts? Straight arm exercises.
    Although even straight arm exercises with enough load can aggravate elbow pain for some, from what I've heard.

ReboundReps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    Probably you can maintain.. or who knows, it depends on several factors.

How about pullovers (dumbell, cable), farmer walks and deadflifts? Straight arm exercises.
    Although even straight arm exercises with enough load can aggravate elbow pain for some, from what I've heard.
    Yes I plan to do exercises like those, especially deadlifts. I think my elbow pain should be okay with those (I hope)

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I guess you can do pec-deck for chest and then make more use of vertical pulls.

Have you tried to work through the injury? I popped something in my left shoulder benching too heavy after coming back from the pandemic and it hurt badly for two or three weeks, but I just reduced the intensity and kept doing it and I haven't heard anything from that shoulder since then.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"