paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What injuries did you sustain this last weekend?

For those of you that may not know, people living in the U.S. just had a 3 day holiday weekend.

Injuries this weekend:

Was climbing out of my above ground pool when the ladder broke when I was at the top. Sliced some skin back on the bottom of my foot from the edge of the ladder. Landed on my right gluteus and kidney, which are both bruised. My left elbow landed on my deck, and it's bruised. The ladder flipped out of the pool and landed on me. I have a bump on the back of my head from that.

Was repairing a broken railing anchor when a wrench slipped. Scraped the skin off a knuckle on the concrete sidewalk.

Was walking through some chest high weeds with a dog looking for a dead bird while wearing shorts. My calf had some sort of painful rash when I exited. My wife looked at it and said it looked like a snake bite.

What were your injuries?

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    For those of you that may not know, people living in the U.S. just had a 3 day holiday weekend.

Injuries this weekend:

Was climbing out of my above ground pool when the ladder broke when I was at the top. Sliced some skin back on the bottom of my foot from the edge of the ladder. Landed on my right gluteus and kidney, which are both bruised. My left elbow landed on my deck, and it's bruised. The ladder flipped out of the pool and landed on me. I have a bump on the back of my head from that.

Was repairing a broken railing anchor when a wrench slipped. Scraped the skin off a knuckle on the concrete sidewalk.

Was walking through some chest high weeds with a dog looking for a dead bird while wearing shorts. My calf had some sort of painful rash when I exited. My wife looked at it and said it looked like a snake bite.

What were your injuries?
    Nothing compared to that--you poor guy.

Please make me your life insurance beneficiary--L0L

You ought get a pair of anti-snake boots--just don't run into a Boa Constrictor.

ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Friday night, alone at home finally get some me time.

Stubbed my toe, excruciatingly painful for about 5 minutes but was ok after that. Didn’t swear just screamed out of pain briefly.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just realized that Paul’s posts are basically Jeff Foxworthy jokes without the redneck punchline
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Nasty horsefly bite when working in the garden but that's it.

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Nasty horsefly bite when working in the garden but that's it.
    I saw a Jurassic looking horsefly on Friday, incidentally. Its body alone was about the size of a walnut.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I saw a Jurassic looking horsefly on Friday, incidentally. Its body alone was about the size of a walnut.
    Pretty sure I saw one of those killer wasps yesterday in Rhodes, Greece
    Wincel crew

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Pretty sure I saw one of those killer wasps yesterday in Rhodes, Greece
    Rhodes? That sounds like a fun trip.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Sounds gross but at least you'd see it coming and swat it with a spade before it gets a chance to bite you...

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Sounds gross but at least you'd see it coming and swat it with a spade before it gets a chance to bite you...
    Yeah, I was actually in my car with the windows up. It was flying around the car in front of me at a red light. Sort of unusual to see them away from the fields where they normally are.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rhodes? That sounds like a fun trip.
    I knew a scholar from there. Smart guy!

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I knew a scholar from there. Smart guy!
    Would be cool to have seen the Colossus there while it existed.

Would be cool to have seen the Colossus there while it existed.
    I always wonder how they know stuff like this really existed. A lot of old drawings had weird perspectives. It seems like things would change as they were told from one person to the next over thousands of years.

I always wonder how they know stuff like this really existed. A lot of old drawings had weird perspectives. It seems like things would change as they were told from one person to the next over thousands of years.
    In my opinion, there's too much lazy skepticism about historical claims in the contemporary world. Not trying to point a finger at you, but the number of various classical texts that reference the Colossus as an actual thing puts a huge burden of proof on "It probably morphed into a legend over thousands of years" - obviously, of course, that's no ticket to take everything at face-value, and the discipline of history falsifies many things as it lends plausibility to others, but I nevertheless hear a lot of casual denial of longstanding consensus that already has a firm basis in evidence, being more willing by default to take a radical position dismissing everything than actually to examine the claims in light of it.

Again, not necessarily saying you're doing that right now, but I hear this sort of thing pretty often and it puzzles me...

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It seems like things would change as they were told from one person to the next
    Heard this story in business school. There was a Greyhound bus going down the interstate. The passenger behind the bus driver told him there was a bomb in the bathroom. The passenger behind the passenger behind the driver told him that. The message was passed on from the back of the bus to the front of the bus in a similar matter. Bus pulls over, state troopers shut down the interstate and evacuate the bus. Bomb squad goes in the bus and make their way to the bathroom. They open the door and there was a disheveled homeless guy in the bathroom. A bum.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Heard this story in business school. There was a Greyhound bus going down the interstate. The passenger behind the bus driver told him there was a bomb in the bathroom. The passenger behind the passenger behind the driver told him that. The message was passed on from the back of the bus to the front of the bus in a similar matter. Bus pulls over, state troopers shut down the interstate and evacuate the bus. Bomb squad goes in the bus and make their way to the bathroom. They open the door and there was a disheveled homeless guy in the bathroom. A bum.
    Did the bomb squad detonate him just to be safe?
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

In my opinion, there's too much lazy skepticism about historical claims in the contemporary world. Not trying to point a finger at you, but the number of various classical texts that reference the Colossus as an actual thing puts a huge burden of proof on "It probably morphed into a legend over thousands of years" - obviously, of course, that's no ticket to take everything at face-value, and the discipline of history falsifies many things as it lends plausibility to others, but I nevertheless hear a lot of casual denial of longstanding consensus that already has a firm basis in evidence, being more willing by default to take a radical position dismissing everything than actually to examine the claims in light of it.

Again, not necessarily saying you're doing that right now, but I hear this sort of thing pretty often and it puzzles me...
    Good points. Maybe next Easter the Colussus will magically reappear where it used to be