fatmatt2fit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

80lbs down in 6 months...now time to bulk?

Hi Ive gone form a morbidly obese 265lbs at 5'7....to a chubby 185lbs.
    80lbs loss in 6 months.
    Still got some fat but wondering if i should stop with the calorie deficit now and start trying to build some muscle?
    Pic attached.
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Good job so far.

Building muscle doesn't mean you have to run a surplus of calories... we usually tell skinny 130lb teens to eat everything in sight but for those of us who still have on-body reserves to draw on, it's not necessary.

If I were you I'd try to slowly increase your calories with the aim of keeping a stable weight while stepping up the pace of gym work - push for progression in terms of reps done in each set or increases in weight used. If necessary, add more total work sets per week. You should have more energy than you did so this should be possible and will hopefully make positive muscle gains more likely.