NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

My Son Squatting the Big Plates

Andrew's old PR was 105-lbs.

He set two new PRs - 115-lbs, followed by 125-lbs, at age 11 barely above 100-lbs bodyweight.

He trains for explosive movements via the Olympic lifts. Common knowledge states that if one wants to be good at something, he / she must train that movement. For example, in order to be good at squatting, train for the squat. This is generally an accepted principle. But levels of experience must be taken into account. Lemme splain:

A. Elite squatters. At this level, squatting is not enough. The lifter must constantly identify his / her most glaring issue and strengthen those weak links. Accessory lifts to the rescue.

B. Intermediate to advance squatters. Squat more to get better is a good approach. No need to get fancy with bands and chains and $hit.

C. Beginner squatters. My son is in this category. Because he's a weightlifter, his primary focus when he began lifting was on getting good at the competition lifts - snatch and clean & jerk. He didn't start squatting seriously until recently. Once I saw that his technical skills have improved, I decided to add the squats so he can continue to progress. The higher the squat, the higher the potential for the competition lifts. The explosive nature of the Olympic lifts carried over to his squats. Squats are meant to be an explosive movement if athleticism or if competing as a powerlifter is the goal. (High rep squats with controlled tempo for muscle building is, of course, the method preferred for bodybuilding. At my son's stage, the Olympic lifts actually did the opposite and helped him increase his squats. But as he approaches the next level, the opposite has to occur. The squats will dictate how much he can snatch and CJ.

This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Excellent job Andrew, nice depth. That's how it's done! Kudos to both of you.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Light weight buddy!!! Get some!!!
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Andrew's old PR was 105-lbs.

He set two new PRs - 115-lbs, followed by 125-lbs, at age 11 barely above 100-lbs bodyweight.

He trains for explosive movements via the Olympic lifts. Common knowledge states that if one wants to be good at something, he / she must train that movement. For example, in order to be good at squatting, train for the squat. This is generally an accepted principle. But levels of experience must be taken into account. Lemme splain:

A. Elite squatters. At this level, squatting is not enough. The lifter must constantly identify his / her most glaring issue and strengthen those weak links. Accessory lifts to the rescue.

B. Intermediate to advance squatters. Squat more to get better is a good approach. No need to get fancy with bands and chains and $hit.

C. Beginner squatters. My son is in this category. Because he's a weightlifter, his primary focus when he began lifting was on getting good at the competition lifts - snatch and clean & jerk. He didn't start squatting seriously until recently. Once I saw that his technical skills have improved, I decided to add the squats so he can continue to progress. The higher the squat, the higher the potential for the competition lifts. The explosive nature of the Olympic lifts carried over to his squats. Squats are meant to be an explosive movement if athleticism or if competing as a powerlifter is the goal. (High rep squats with controlled tempo for muscle building is, of course, the method preferred for bodybuilding. At my son's stage, the Olympic lifts actually did the opposite and helped him increase his squats. But as he approaches the next level, the opposite has to occur. The squats will dictate how much he can snatch and CJ.

Way better form than LWW! Loved the goat at the end, too.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is great. Andrew is already a champion
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome, now ask him his views on politics.
    I joke!
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He'd already be top half if he was a member at my gym.

Always cool to see a boy take after his dad.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Way better form than LWW!
    And he lifts more than you too

I typically squat two days after dead lift, because I just don't have the patience, lifes too short after 40. I'm too sore to hit that depth or sink that quick, plus I like to go higher reps, but here was a Friday afternoon when I was pretty fresh-

325-

345-

I'm not a weight lifter, but I do train the lifts, lately I'm so sore from Deads, my form poops out around 170 squat clean, but just like squats, the more weight I dead lift will increase my overall clean and jerk.

I can still hike,walk,bike and be active even from the soreness

superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How tall will he be?
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 46, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew
    Sometimes the stuff I say is just ''trolling''

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    And he lifts more than you too...
    ... and I lift a way, way more* than you.

* ... over a week. You eat my dust.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Came in to tell Andrew that there were a couple of boys a little older than him in the gym this morning, one asked me if I could help him with a lift. Of course I obliged and it got me to thinking thinking how fortunate you are to have your dad with all his knowledge coaching you, it also proves that you are a quick learner and great student, I have been impressed by not only the recent squat video but all the vid's your dad posted of your lifts. Keep up the hard word young man, it's really paying off.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    And he lifts more than you too
    I typically squat two days after dead lift, because I just don't have the patience, lifes too short after 40. I'm too sore to hit that depth or sink that quick, plus I like to go higher reps, but here was a Friday afternoon when I was pretty fresh-

325-

345-

I'm not a weight lifter, but I do train the lifts, lately I'm so sore from Deads, my form poops out around 170 squat clean, but just like squats, the more weight I dead lift will increase my overall clean and jerk.

I can still hike,walk,bike and be active even from the soreness

Come on Tater FFS, Defensive much? This thread is about Andrew, enough of the I. I'm me complex. The least you could have done was throw the boy an accolade considering how excellent his lift was and much real estate you took in here making excuses and pounding your chest.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Excellent job Andrew, nice depth. That's how it's done! Kudos to both of you.
    Thanks, bro.

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Light weight buddy!!! Get some!!!
    Thanks. He surprised me one day when he did deadlifts for the first time and DL'd 155-lbs.

Way better form than LWW! Loved the goat at the end, too.
    The goat is Duke. He is our team mascot. We are Hoof Grip Weightlifting. LOL.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    This is great. Andrew is already a champion
    Thanks, brah.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Awesome, now ask him his views on politics.
    I joke!
    HAHAHA!!! He is a right-wing extremist for sure. He can intelligently explain to an adult why taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    He'd already be top half if he was a member at my gym.

Always cool to see a boy take after his dad.
    thanks bro.

Originally Posted by superman704 View Post
    How tall will he be?
    He is half-Asian. So he won't be tall at all. LOL. He'd be lucky if he hits 5'8". He is actually the shortest (and smartest and strongest) dood in his class. But his height doesnt bother him one bit. He is very confident and he understands we are unique, so he appreciates the way God created him.
    This above all..

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice good on him, Question why do you have him walking backward to the rack?
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Nice good on him, Question why do you have him walking backward to the rack?
    That's actually a very good question, bruh. It is more of a habit formed. When he does the Olympic lifts, he faces away the rack the way he squats. This also allows me to see his form better.

As he gets stronger, I will have him face the rack for safety reasons.
    This above all..

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both my knees exploded when I saw him get low, then lower, then bottom out! Congrats on the lift and, more importantly, your relationship with your son. That's what it's about.

Just my guess: You're working hard to show him the love and support he needs now to get him to a place where he's an independent man, who doesn't 'need' you anymore.

My son turns 18 soon. He trains. We trained together last week. (My only regret is consenting to him controlling the music) We're going to get tattoos on his birthday. God bless, brother.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats Goat Prince!!!
    It's never too late!

5'6", 215

Results:
    2/26/22 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 501/325/540/1366 @ 209lb
    11/7/21 IPL drug tested world championships: 463/319/529/1311 @ 205lb
    6/20/21 USPA Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 468/308/501/1278 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 USPA FS meet: 407/303/474/1185 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    529/336/555

Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    Both my knees exploded when I saw him get low, then lower, then bottom out! Congrats on the lift and, more importantly, your relationship with your son. That's what it's about.

Just my guess: You're working hard to show him the love and support he needs now to get him to a place where he's an independent man, who doesn't 'need' you anymore.

My son turns 18 soon. He trains. We trained together last week. (My only regret is consenting to him controlling the music) We're going to get tattoos on his birthday. God bless, brother.
    Thanks bud. Kids grow so fast. My daughter is 18. She is closer to her mom. Andrew is closer to me. My wife and I are blessed for sure.

Originally Posted by PhDPepper1111 View Post
    Congrats Goat Prince!!!
    thank you. thankyouverymuch. (dat's my Elvis imitation, bruh)
    This above all..

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Absolutely Fantastic!!

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    ... The goat is Duke. He is our team mascot. We are Hoof Grip Weightlifting. LOL...
    Duke is a handsome devil, as is your son, a future lady killer.

I'm hoping Duke has a Doe friend.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Absolutely Fantastic!!
    Thank you.

Duke is a handsome devil, as is your son, a future lady killer.

I'm hoping Duke has a Doe friend.
    Thank you.

lol. Duke has many doe friends. I started out with Duke and 2 does. Then my herd increased to 12 cuz of Duke had a bad habit of busting out of his pen to get with the ladies in the middle of the night. hahaha. He's a stud for sure. I thinned my herd cuz 12 was too overwhelming. I kept Duke and one of the ladies and a castrated male goat.
    This above all..

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Come on Tater FFS, Defensive much? This thread is about Andrew, enough of the I. I'm me complex. The least you could have done was throw the boy an accolade considering how excellent his lift was and much real estate you took in here making excuses and pounding your chest.

what is that............

I thought they were extinct..............

For a second I heard the call of the "summer renter"...................

Oh, there he is, nope, no beating my chest, that's only 345, I can EVER do 500 like that, then I'll beat me chest!

The young man is strong, stronger than Suprawarmup