klaudmjj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice on getting started after a long break.

I'm going to return to the gym after about a 2-year break, during these 2 years I have not been active at all, and I have lost about 4kg of mass, was 70kg, now I'm 66kg. When I first started two years ago my goal was to be about 75-80kg. I went from 52kg to 70kg in the space of 4 months but then things started slowing down and got demotivated and eventually stopped going after about 7 months going. I was 17 at the time, I'm 19 now and I'm ready.

I know diet is most important of all, but the only issue I have is I get bored of eating the same things over and over so what recommendations do you all have? My goal is to eat 3000+ calories a day, on top of taking multivitamins, weight gainer protein powder, creatine and pre-workout. Before I have just taken weight gainer protein powder.

And as for the workout routine, I don't know to approach this at all.

Should I do an all-body workout every time I go to the gym for the first 4-8 weeks to just remind myself of all the exercises, forms etc or stick to the push/pull/legs routine? I know that after this break I had I will be basically starting fresh. My goal is to go 4 times a week, then gradually increase it to 5 or even 6 times per week. And after my "beginner" workout, what routine should I look at?

All advice is greatly appreciated whether it's diet, routines, or even workouts.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Do a novice routine because they have the fastest progression.

You don't have to eat the same things over and over. As long as you are hitting a protein and a calorie target then you can have as much variety as you want. The only downside is that you need to calculate the calories every time you have something new. As long as the majority of what you eat is relatively unprocessed wholefoods, you can have what you want (within your calorie budget of course).

3000 is probably not a bad place to start but aim for a long term average of about 1kg a month, don't rush the weight gain or more of it will be fat.

klaudmjj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Do a novice routine because they have the fastest progression.

You don't have to eat the same things over and over. As long as you are hitting a protein and a calorie target then you can have as much variety as you want. The only downside is that you need to calculate the calories every time you have something new. As long as the majority of what you eat is relatively unprocessed wholefoods, you can have what you want (within your calorie budget of course).

3000 is probably not a bad place to start but aim for a long term average of about 1kg a month, don't rush the weight gain or more of it will be fat.
    What sort of novice routine would you recommend?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by klaudmjj View Post
    What sort of novice routine would you recommend?
    Any of the ones in the Workout Programs sticky threads. Fierce 5 for example.