Registered User userNYV1GSI7CUV's Avatar
    userNYV1GSI7CUV is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscle Regain after a cut from dirty bulking

Hey,
    I wanted some advice if I could start dirty bulking. I am looking to maximise my newbie gain, my workout regime is on point as per my research, but it's very hard for me to control my diet (not because of my lack of willpower), but because it's hard for me to count my calories or prepare meals for that matter. I can do it after a matter of 2 years or so.
    I know that it's hard to cut after a dirty bulk, but I am willing to take that pain, but many people say that it's very common to "lose a lot of muscle you will gain by that dirty bulk after cutting". So, my question is won't muscle memory help in easily gaining back that muscle?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you are a newbie, you don't need a big calorie surplus when gaining muscle - otherwise you will gain surplus fat and it probably won't come with any more muscle.

You have to control calories during a cut so why can't you do it during mass gain too?

You don't lose a lot of muscle when cutting (or shouldn't if you do it right). People can get confused because their arm/chest measurements go up during a bulk and down again during a cut. This isn't muscle, it's just fat coming and going.

Registered User userNYV1GSI7CUV's Avatar
    userNYV1GSI7CUV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you are a newbie, you don't need a big calorie surplus when gaining muscle - otherwise you will gain surplus fat and it probably won't come with any more muscle.

You have to control calories during a cut so why can't you do it during mass gain too?

You don't lose a lot of muscle when cutting (or shouldn't if you do it right). People can get confused because their arm/chest measurements go up during a bulk and down again during a cut. This isn't muscle, it's just fat coming and going.
    I can't control my calories for 2 years atleast as I am at home, and in next 2 years I will go to college, making my own meals. I know about newbie gains and how much caloric surplus is required for a clean bulk.
    My only concern is I can't clean bulk for the next 1-2 years, I don't care if I gain a lot of fat and I have to cut it later. My only question is, since I will have to lose a lot of fat, muscle will be lost (may it be a lot or may it be less), but "wouldn't that lost muscle be easily gained due to muscle memory?"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Like I said ^^

Keep protein high and keep training hard with weights, manage your calorie deficit and you shouldn't lose any muscle.