utic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lifting after 18 months out

Hey guys, so I've just started lifting weights again after 18 months. In order to get back to my previous size/strength, do I have to be eating at a caloric surplus or can maintenance or a caloric deficit still do the trick? Not too sure if muscle memory requires a caloric surplus or not. I'm banking on 'noob gains' being a thing again given I've been out of it for so long.

Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Better start eating bro. Can’t build muscle on hopes and dreams alone.
    Burn rubber, not your soul

utic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kylehero View Post
    Better start eating bro. Can’t build muscle on hopes and dreams alone.
    Is there no way muscle memory can see me through at maintenance or a deficit to my old size? I'm asking cause my bulks always end up getting dirty

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What are your stats? Height and weight?

Recomping only tends to work for people above their target weight. (And of course you have to have a reasonable target weight for a decent physique.)