Mixxoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation D1 Football Player

Hello,

I am currently a 3rd year division 1 football. A big part of being a football player is developed in the weight room. Unfortunately I have been lifting for many years and tried many different programs but can not get stronger. I mean I physically can not get stronger. My max bench and squat are both 225.

Being a division 1 football player means that you have access to some of the best strength coaches possible that ensure you are giving it all you have. Effort has never been a problem, so I know working harder is not the answer.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I am offensive lineman so I am around 6’6” 310. The fat I have is very soft and very jiggly. My whole body is giggly.

After many years of struggling with not being able to get stronger I went to see a doctor that specializes in bodybuilding/sports. I had a whole bunch of blood work taken and most of my levels were good. My testosterone was around 500 and free testosterone was 10. My B12 levels were severely low so I had assumed that that was the problem all along. Turns out it isn’t.

I also had extremely high prolactin levels but the doctor assumes that was an error in the blood work. He said it is common to have an error with that.

I don’t really know where else to look and how to figure out what is going on.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mixxoo View Post
    Unfortunately I have been lifting for many years and tried many different programs but can not get stronger. I mean I physically can not get stronger. My max bench and squat are both 225. .... I am offensive lineman so I am around 6’6” 310.
    What many different programs have you tried over many years? Your lifts seem extremely light for your size and role.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    What many different programs have you tried over many years? Your lifts seem extremely light for your size and role.
    I don’t know the names of the programs that we follow where I go to school, but I know they come from where my strength coaches have previously been. The current program is based off the program the Florida gators currently use. The one before that was from a Mississippi state program. I personally have tried out a Westside Barbell program. I have experimented with high reps, lighter weight, along with low reps and heavy weight. Most division 1 o lineman that are in their 3rd year probably average a 315+ bench along with a 400+ squat.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is your current strength level impacting your abilities on the field or playing time?

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Is your current strength level impacting your abilities on the field or playing time?
    100% it’s a not an easy task to stop the momentum of a guy 260+ some even top out at 330. Luckily I have put hours into technique so it isn’t as noticeable that I am weak, but it is definitely a major impact. If I was up to par with strength I would like to imagine that I would be a fairly dominant player compared to now where I am a tad below average.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hello,

I am currently a 3rd year division 1 football. A big part of being a football player is developed in the weight room. Unfortunately I have been lifting for many years and tried many different programs but can not get stronger. I mean I physically can not get stronger. My max bench and squat are both 225.

Being a division 1 football player means that you have access to some of the best strength coaches possible that ensure you are giving it all you have. Effort has never been a problem, so I know working harder is not the answer.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I am offensive lineman so I am around 6’6” 310. The fat I have is very soft and very jiggly. My whole body is giggly.

After many years of struggling with not being able to get stronger I went to see a doctor that specializes in bodybuilding/sports. I had a whole bunch of blood work taken and most of my levels were good. My testosterone was around 500 and free testosterone was 10. My B12 levels were severely low so I had assumed that that was the problem all along. Turns out it isn’t.

I also had extremely high prolactin levels but the doctor assumes that was an error in the blood work. He said it is common to have an error with that.

I don’t really know where else to look and how to figure out what is going on.
    Well, this is interesting….. I have been coaching HS football for about three decades and the numbers you share about yourself and what you think other DI linemen do are actually mediocre high school numbers.

What surprised me is….DI football teams have full time strength coaches and a) he’d be fired if he couldn’t get a bigger bench and squat from a guy 6-6 310. B) I would think you’d be cut with those numbers.

Now I will say that I once coached a huge kid, 6-5 and over 300 but wow was he ever weak in the upper body. His leg press was decent but squats were bad….certainly not a DI football talent .

I’m also curious as to which DI school you are at that uses someone else’s training program? Doesn’t seem like much of a recruiting pitch.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

100% it’s a not an easy task to stop the momentum of a guy 260+ some even top out at 330. Luckily I have put hours into technique so it isn’t as noticeable that I am weak, but it is definitely a major impact. If I was up to par with strength I would like to imagine that I would be a fairly dominant player compared to now where I am a tad below average.
    Not sure what to tell you since it's hard to give suggestions without knowing more details on what you've been doing to this point. Maybe get your own strength coach - even someone mediocre should be able to get 315+ out of you on BP.