804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I losing weight too fast??

Started 5'10'' 190lbs 20.5%. Two weeks later 185lbs 18.5% with 1.5in off my abdomen.

Eating at a 15% deficit..about 400 calories and haven't had a drink in almost 3 weeks.

Lifting 4 days a week with two additional cardio sessions.

Started creatine loading at the beginning (10g a day), so I'm guessing I should be pretty close to saturated. Since this would offset some of the weight loss from burnt fat, I am wondering If I am cutting too fast and losing muscle?

I read that I should only lose 1lb/week at my deficit. Does it seem like I'm losing too fast, or does this just happen to some? I wouldn't be as concerned if I wasn't creatine loading.

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by 804Prince; 09-03-2021 at 02:14 AM. Reason: concise

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    How much of that 5lbs was in the first week? Probably just water/glycogen/food in transit weight.

If your calorie count is not recklessly low then just carry on until you have another couple of weeks of daily weigh ins before making adjustments.

804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10) 804Prince is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    How much of that 5lbs was in the first week? Probably just water/glycogen/food in transit weight.

If your calorie count is not recklessly low then just carry on until you have another couple of weeks of daily weigh ins before making adjustments.
    Two pounds in the first week. I guess I'm just panicking, huh? It's my first ever cut.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

This. In the beginning, some weight loss will be due to less muscle glycogen, a drop in water weight, and since you're eating less, you just have less food in you.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the Facebook Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.facebook.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8jYRGthLppGdQhf8mw5Mg

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 804Prince View Post
    Two pounds in the first week. I guess I'm just panicking, huh? It's my first ever cut.
    I legit dropped 2lbs after my morning crap.
    my body weight can swing up or down almost 10lbs based on what i eat due to water weight.

as was said if you are dropping 5lbs a week for a few weeks at that weight then yeah you might want to up the cals.

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    I legit dropped 2lbs after my morning crap.
    my body weight can swing up or down almost 10lbs based on what i eat due to water weight.

as was said if you are dropping 5lbs a week for a few weeks at that weight then yeah you might want to up the cals.
    Yeah, I'm there with you on the 10 pound potential swings in one day. OP, better to look for a weight "ceiling" I think than a floor. If you weigh yourself while full and needing to take a dump, note that number and if it's ever climbing, you can pretty much rule everything out besides fat.*

*Unless you're training for hypertrophy on a surplus, in which case some of it is still fat.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"