Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stuck need advice

Good Morning,

Looking for advice as to understand why I am not seeing much strength gain after 7 months I just started lifting 9 months ago and will provide as much detail as possible. It will be long and I will greatly appreciate any support. Some things to set forth prior to the below is the following.

I know 300lbs I know my BMI is high etc I do follow a very strict diet and my version of cheating once weekly is a piece of fruit or some other insignificant food. I will layout my plan below as detailed as possible and provide my macros as well for a general day.

I lift 6 days a week and I’m off on Sunday. I walk roughly 12-20k steps per day due to my job.

My lifts are a 4 day split that I use as supersets typically 4 major exercises and 4 accessory I lift 80-90% rep max for about 6 weeks and then 65% for one week. While lifting I leave it all on the table I’ve blacked out lifting alone but always have safety bars etc to keep me sucking air instead of pushing up flowers. My split is shoulders / back / chest / legs repeat. A sample of my lifts I’ll outline below.

Dead lift warmup
    Lift up to working set 445 5 sets of 8
    Superset with Yates row at 245 5 sets of 12
    Deficit DL 4 sets of 10 345 superset with below
    Tbar row 245 4 sets of 10
    Rack lift 495 3 sets of 10 superset with below
    Preacher curls 75 3 sets 10
    Hammer curls 55 3 sets 10 superset with below
    Planks and ab wheel 3 sets 92 seconds//12 full rolls.

Diet is pretty standard 370g protein 255g carbs 88-100g of fat depending on if I have Avacado etc.

I do not do IIFYM. I eat lean meat veggies rice protein shakes etc. I have a preworkout shake of carbs and protein and a shake after and eat regular the rest of the day.

As I said I’m 300lbs I’m also only 6ft tall.

I do not seem to be gaining much if any strength I hear it’s normal to lift 2x your body weight but I’m not close. My bench has hardly moved in 6 months only able to get 3 reps at 375 where I used to only get 1.

Looking for any tips or advice on how to gain that strength thanks and sorry for the long read.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    based on what you have said - you are in a caloric deficit - and cutting, right? some people can have strength gains whilst cutting - but usually people dont expect to gain MUCH strength. again - not always true and especially in novice lifters like yourself - extraordinary things can happen - but shouldnt be expected. depending on intensity during your 6 days of working out - you may be in a really severe cut - but not knowing if you weigh (not measure) all of your caloric intake, idk.

you need to be really careful if blacking out while lifting alone - death will end all gains immediately.

have you read, reread, and then read again the following stickie?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

i am sure many more knowledgeable folks than myself will chime in soon.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dward300 View Post
    Good Morning,

Looking for advice as to understand why I am not seeing much strength gain after 7 months I just started lifting 9 months ago and will provide as much detail as possible. It will be long and I will greatly appreciate any support. Some things to set forth prior to the below is the following.

I know 300lbs I know my BMI is high etc I do follow a very strict diet and my version of cheating once weekly is a piece of fruit or some other insignificant food. I will layout my plan below as detailed as possible and provide my macros as well for a general day.

I lift 6 days a week and I’m off on Sunday. I walk roughly 12-20k steps per day due to my job.

My lifts are a 4 day split that I use as supersets typically 4 major exercises and 4 accessory I lift 80-90% rep max for about 6 weeks and then 65% for one week. While lifting I leave it all on the table I’ve blacked out lifting alone but always have safety bars etc to keep me sucking air instead of pushing up flowers. My split is shoulders / back / chest / legs repeat. A sample of my lifts I’ll outline below.

Dead lift warmup
    Lift up to working set 445 5 sets of 8
    Superset with Yates row at 245 5 sets of 12
    Deficit DL 4 sets of 10 345 superset with below
    Tbar row 245 4 sets of 10
    Rack lift 495 3 sets of 10 superset with below
    Preacher curls 75 3 sets 10
    Hammer curls 55 3 sets 10 superset with below
    Planks and ab wheel 3 sets 92 seconds//12 full rolls.

Diet is pretty standard 370g protein 255g carbs 88-100g of fat depending on if I have Avacado etc.

I do not do IIFYM. I eat lean meat veggies rice protein shakes etc. I have a preworkout shake of carbs and protein and a shake after and eat regular the rest of the day.

As I said I’m 300lbs I’m also only 6ft tall.

I do not seem to be gaining much if any strength I hear it’s normal to lift 2x your body weight but I’m not close. My bench has hardly moved in 6 months only able to get 3 reps at 375 where I used to only get 1.

Looking for any tips or advice on how to gain that strength thanks and sorry for the long read.
    You're now repping your 1-rep max for 3 reps 6 months later, that's not terrible. I wouldn't call that hardly any stronger.

So you're 300 pounds and you expect to be benching 2x your body weight. So 9 months into lifting you're expecting to bench 600 pounds?

Am I missing something?
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the Facebook Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.facebook.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8jYRGthLppGdQhf8mw5Mg

Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dward300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks for the reply

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. No to be clear I don’t expect to be benching 600lbs in 9 months, but I guess I thought my gains were slow. What would an average person gain in the big 3 over 6 months? I would assume in 5 years I could maybe get to 2x my weight in bench but figured I would see pretty solid gains over 6 month’s especially being a rookie lifter.

My expectations may be unrealistic and I’m happy to be corrected by a seasoned lifter or to be told if I’m missing something obvious.

My 5 year goal is to lift the dinnie stones and I’m training my ass off to get there. Maybe that goal is unrealistic?

Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    You're now repping your 1-rep max for 3 reps 6 months later, that's not terrible. I wouldn't call that hardly any stronger.

So you're 300 pounds and you expect to be benching 2x your body weight. So 9 months into lifting you're expecting to bench 600 pounds?

Am I missing something?

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MG5 View Post

Am I missing something?
    see - told you - much wiser human there 👆👆👆 - i was just looking at intake - not really even thinking about the fact you are trying to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFaAJdsP1A

nice @MG5

Thanks for reply. You may be on to something about my intake vs expenditure, but i didn't think about that as my current BF is high and maybe need to get more information.

Originally Posted by mtnmama View Post
    see - told you - much wiser human there - i was just looking at intake - not really even thinking about the fact you are trying to do this:

nice @MG5

jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So let me get this straight
    - you lift for 9 months and your bench is 375 for 3 reps
    - you are 300 lbs (136 kg) at 6 feet and you can do ab wheels

Just curious, what is your body fat percentage?

Correct

Yes to your questions

I do not know my bf going to guess 22-25

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    So let me get this straight
    - you lift for 9 months and your bench is 375 for 3 reps
    - you are 300 lbs (136 kg) at 6 feet and you can do ab wheels

Just curious, what is your body fat percentage?

Originally Posted by Dward300 View Post
    Yes to your questions

I do not know my bf going to guess 22-25
    that seems a bit unlikely - to me - not impossible - but dang that means you have an INSANE amount of lean mass. pics?