Vajdhs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why are my calves not growing

So I'm 16years old been lifting for about 1 and a half years and I've seen some respectable results.About 4-5 months ago I started training my calves bcos I've noticed they were stupidly small in comparison with the rest of my body. However the results I've seen are hardly noticeable they still look like the legs of a fu@c#ing horse, and I don't rlly think I have trash genetics even bfr I started working out I had a 6pack,defined shoulders arms and back but I used to be skinny. Does anyone have any tips for growing them?Will eating more result in them gaining size?idk if this is relevant but in the last month I've started taking martial art classes and I've been doing lots of jumping running etc could that help my calves grow?

Ps. I had a significant change in my diet in this month, adding lots of calories and protein as I've realized my previous diet was kinda trash.

Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kewbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calves are 100% genetic. They don't grow from exercise like other parts of your body do.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Calves are insanely resistant as they've been supporting your whole body your entire life, so naturally to get them to respond you're going to have to hit them often and hard. Don't be afraid to get a little creative with exercise selection here too, one foot calf raises, ballerina walks with dumbbells(basically farmer's walks on your tiptoes), squatting while on your tiptoes, jump squats, they can get a bit of work with power shrugs too. But it's a tough body part to develop unless you give it consistent volume, and it will take a long time. Changing rep ranges every so often helps as well. Growing them is definitely possible, but it's going to take quite awhile, so be prepared for that.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kewbrah View Post
    Calves are 100% genetic. They don't grow from exercise like other parts of your body do.
    This is just patently false.

Steps to big calves
    1. Don’t do seated calf raises. Ever. Just lol.
    2. Eat. A lot.
    3. Rest. A lot.
    4. Prioritize them in your lower body training, ie, do them first
    5. Don’t do that bouncy rep bullsh!t you see all the dweebs doing
    6. Kill the stretch reflex (pause at the top of the rep for a minimum 3 seconds, preferably 5)
    7. Loaded stretching (you can do these one of 2 ways, one way is by stretching intraset between reps and again pausing at the bottom for 3-5 seconds and the other way is by loaded stretching for up to a minute after the set) my preferred method is doing it after the set
    8. Frequency, at least 2x a week
    9. Stop doing high rep sets, this goes along with not doing bouncy reps. 1-2 heavy sets a week is fine for calves if the rest of your lower body training is on point, that is all I do and my calves are diamonds (or pretty damn close to diamonds)

Personally, I do standing calf raises on one lower body day, and calf presses on the leg press machine on the other.

As far as the rest of your lower body training…

You had best be doing some quad compound work, some leg curls, some hip extension…..all of which will use your calves but your calves will already be pre-fatigued cause you worked them hard first.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Calves...

You sure can grow them, you just can't change their insertions!
    Can make them bigger just Can't make them lower.

Straight leg raises hit gastroc much harder than seated.
    Seated hammers the soleus and Imo, is great for a warmup for squats if your ankles have limited rom.

Do a LOT of high incline walking (vest optional) or skipping or cycling (properly) on balls of toes.

Do some really heavy sets with a deep stretch, both dead stop paused to kill the reflex and some slightly shorter rom with an intention hard reversals.

And obviously!... Train your other big lifts like squat, hack, leg press ect with some knee travel.

Wearing flats over heels often helps put the stretch on much easier.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Do a LOT of high incline walking (vest optional) or skipping or cycling (properly) on balls of toes.
    Or one leg toe jumping, with a db/kb in the arm corresponding the jumping leg.
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.