EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Controversial opinions you hold about bodybuilding/nutrition?

I’ll start:

It’s ok to skip leg day
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Exercise increases TDEE

Sorry, I just fuking had to say it. Here are mine:

-It’s ok to skip leg day*
    -A bro-split is more effective for some lifters.
    -Total weekly volume matters, not frequency.
    -Fasting is very suboptimal for advanced or even lean intermediate lifters.
    -If your programming accounts for it, training to failure on every set can be a viable strategy.
    -HIIT is actually sub-optimal for getting particularly lean compared to long durations of walking or even LISS because it causes such a drain on the system.
    -The majority of lifters should “eat to progress”, not chase a specific weight on the scale.
    -In certain circumstances, “dirty bulking” is a helpful strategy.
    -Triceps>>>>>Biceps when it comes to aesthetic arms
    -Counting calories strictly isn’t necessary for even the best results.
    -Both the idea of “clean eating” & “eat whatever foods you want whenever you want IIFYM bro” are nonsense.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Exercise increases TDEE

Sorry, I just fuking had to say it. Here are mine:

-It’s ok to skip leg day*
    -A bro-split is more effective for some lifters.
    -Total weekly volume matters, not frequency.
    -Fasting is very suboptimal for advanced or even lean intermediate lifters.
    -If your programming accounts for it, training to failure on every set can be a viable strategy.
    -HIIT is actually sub-optimal for getting particularly lean compared to long durations of walking or even LISS because it causes such a drain on the system.
    -The majority of lifters should “eat to progress”, not chase a specific weight on the scale.
    -In certain circumstances, “dirty bulking” is a helpful strategy.
    -Triceps>>>>>Biceps when it comes to aesthetic arms
    -Counting calories strictly isn’t necessary for even the best results.
    -Both the idea of “clean eating” & “eat whatever foods you want whenever you want IIFYM bro” are nonsense.
    You covered basically everything I was going to say…

The TDEE part especially :-)

I would add:

Carbs are required for optimal gains.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    FYI, I primarily train for powerlifting/strongman vs. bodybuilding.

Intra-set cardio can be quite helpful
    Coffee cake is the best food for meet day and the day before.
    High volume/low frequency is good for the off-season and the opposite, low volume/high frequency is good for meet prep
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You covered basically everything I was going to say…

The TDEE part especially :-)

I would add:

Carbs are required for optimal gains.
    Of course

& seconded on the carbs

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    • Barbell Bench Press is a suboptimal chest builder
    • Squats are suboptimal quad builders
    • Isolateral Chest Press Machines are the best chest builders
    • Leg Press Machines are the best quad builders
    • Upright Rows and Leg Extensions are great muscle builders that will not destroy your joints
    • Having a dedicated arm day is worthwhile
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    • Barbell Bench Press is a suboptimal chest builder
    • Squats are suboptimal quad builders
    • Isolateral Chest Press Machines are the best chest builders
    • Leg Press Machines are the best quad builders
    • Upright Rows and Leg Extensions are great muscle builders that will not destroy your joints
    • Having a dedicated arm day is worthwhile
    i definitely disagree with much of this
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    i definitely disagree with much of this
    Wouldn't be controversial otherwise

A few more:
    • If you're not grunting or cussing on your last rep, it's not a true 0 RIR
    • Caffeine isn't worth it, ever
    • Maingaining and Recomping are massive wastes of time. Just bulk, cut, and maintain.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png