Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Based on our exchanges, it doesn't seem like you do.
    The joke is at the level that any 16 year old would get it. I'm amazed that you even think it needs explaining.

Well that's quite an accusation to throw out in the absence of any evidence.
    Dude, you've been calling me a "pedantic bully" several times. And to repeat: I have zero problem with you doing it, call me anything you want. It just undermines your credibility, in my eyes.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Yup. A.k.a. attacking a straw man.
    Please read the bolded quote in post #89

That is an outrageous claim/statement, and could only be true if he believed that exercise didn’t increase TDEE, period.

The statement I made indicates my TDEE went up with exercise.

Jordan’s response was ‘that isn’t how it works’

Pretty cut and dry to me
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Please tell me how this exchange does not suggest Jordan is claiming TDEE absolutely doesn't increase with exercise (from the screenshots):
    Come on now, none of those lines suggests that he believes "TDEE is outright, without exception, not increased with exercise".

And no his position isn't changed, you can go back to IG posts from months back. Or listen to the podcast where he gives more details.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The joke is at the level that any 16 year old would get it. I'm amazed that you even think it needs explaining.

Dude, you've been calling me a "pedantic bully" several times. And to repeat: I have zero problem with you doing it, call me anything you want. It just undermines your credibility, in my eyes.
    You being a pedantic bully isn’t intended to detract from your credibility. I know you’re intelligent and much better at interpreting data than I am

But you’re still a pedantic bully.

The context in which I call you that never had anything to do with evaluating the accuracy of your information.

I say it because you often use pedantic dissection when it serves no purpose but to try and belittle your counterpart in a discussion.

It’s an interesting gaslighting method to be sure, but IMO it’s a pretty flawed way to attract acceptance from others here.

You just come off as un-relatable and, as I said, pedantic… basically trying push people out with hair-splitting when everyone else understood the discussion… but with your fine-tooth comb you could run on fumes if you had to.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

PS: for the record, I have never backtracked on my statements for any of this. Yet again, I challenge you to show me a single case where I did.
    I'm not sure you realise how funny this is. "I challenge you to show me" You deleted the thread yourself!

In that thread multiple people confirmed what was I saying and you apparently felt so cornered that the only thing you could do was delete the whole thread.

When people criticised you for deleting the thread your only response was a Youtube link to a Titanic clip. And apparently it is necessary to say this: Yes I understand what the clip is meant to say! LOL.

If anyone wants to check any of this: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=180261943

Come on now, none of those lines suggests that he believes "TDEE is outright, without exception, not increased with exercise".

And no his position isn't changed, you can go back to IG posts from months back. Or listen to the podcast where he gives more details.
    Ok Phillip

Then you me what it means when Jordan says “that’s not how it works”

I made the clear statement that my TDEE is now higher after being more active, and that was his claim.

Please, enlighten me.

I'm not sure you realise how funny this is. "I challenge you to show me" You deleted the thread yourself!

In that thread multiple people confirmed what was I saying and you apparently felt so cornered that the only thing you could do was delete the whole thread.

When people criticised you for deleting the thread your only response was a Youtube link to a Titanic clip. And apparently it is necessary to say this: Yes I understand what the clip is meant to say! LOL.

If anyone wants to check any of this: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=180261943
    What on earth does that have to do with changing my opinions?

I deleted that thread because it was becoming your personal podium for attention-seeking and egotistical BS.

For someone who loves to come off as ‘about the science’ you are really quite narcissistic.

“Boohoo Adam deleted my thread…. At least I can cuddle my thousands of Pubmed bookmarks to feel loved.”

Give me a break Phillip…

At this point YOU are attacking strawmen by trying to clutch at irrelevant thread that have nothing to do with me assessing Jordan’s comments about me personally.

You could easily , in all your virtuous glory , stay on track… but no, you’re trying to claim I changed my mind about something which has zero to do with what I’m saying now.

This is why you’re the fat bus driver screaming at children.

basically trying push people out with hair-splitting when everyone else understood the discussion…
    This is the problem ^. You really believe this, so you don't realise I was actually making valid arguments and pointing you to important things that you left out. When two other people start confirming it you deleted the thread.

So am I sometimes pedantic? Sure. But how else can I get through to you? I don't see any other way.

What on earth does that have to do with changing my opinions?

I deleted that thread because it was becoming your personal podium for attention-seeking and egotistical BS.
    Dude, you deleted the thread right at the moment when two other people started confirming what I was saying.

This is the problem ^. You really believe this, so you don't realise I was actually making valid arguments and pointing you to important things that you left out. When two other people start confirming it you deleted the thread.

So am I sometimes pedantic? Sure. But how else can I get through to you? I don't see any other way.
    Again, thread was deleted for other reasons. But if it helps you sleep at night, believe whatever you want.

Dude, you deleted the thread right at the moment when two other people started confirming what I was saying.
    Ok? And? This a forum, not a resume. It makes no difference if other people agree with you to me or not…

Do you really have such an ego that you think everything is about you?

And by the way, still curious about my question in post 96 you never answered

Would love to hear your genius level take on his meaning since I so clearly must have misunderstood him

“Boohoo Adam deleted my thread…. At least I can cuddle my thousands of Pubmed bookmarks to feel loved.”
    Without the "boohoo". I had a good laugh when you did. In my eyes it was just confirmation.

And sure, I know you will never admit that.

Without the "boohoo". I had a good laugh when you did. In my eyes it was just confirmation.

And sure, I know you will never admit that.
    I tend to not admit to things that are false. Generally a good practice.

But hey, I understand your personality probably makes real world social connections difficult, so if you need to seek validation by conjuring falsehoods about my forum behavior, be my guest.

EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I tend to not admit to things that are false. Generally a good practice.

But hey, I understand your personality probably makes real world social connections difficult, so if you need to seek validation by conjuring falsehoods about my forum behavior, be my guest.
    These ad hominems are getting way out of hand in my opinion and btw are against the forum rules:

If you have a point to make, be ready to back it up with solid evidence. Insults, ad hominems, flame-baiting, and arguing, while already prohibited in the 'General Forum Rules' (posted in a sticky thread near this one), get an extra-close look in this particular forum

I was actually on the verge of reporting your above post but decided to voice my opinion instead.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

I actually just reported AdamWW for it before I saw your post.

It's just distracting from an interesting topic.

LOL wow… you two are really are interesting.

Two grown men running to tattle on someone they don’t get along with.

If these exchanges are so difficult for you to handle without crying to the report button, why not just stay out and not respond?

That sounds to me like a mature approach.

But of course mrpb has his ego to feed, has to have the last post, and you similarly need a father figure to cling to such that you can feel justified making another tired thread about TDEE for God-knows-what reason.

Try to resist responding Phillip… I eagerly await the inevitable

LOL wow… you two are really are interesting.

Two grown men running to tattle on someone they don’t get along with.
    It's not about getting a long. We don't need to get along with anyone.

Straw men and ad hominems are considered logical fallacies for a reason. With that style of discussion you're effectively limiting the chance of having productive discussion.

PS. you've got my name wrong. I suggest you use Mrpb or Bro if you prefer.

EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    But of course mrpb has his ego to feed, has to have the last post, and you similarly need a father figure to cling to such that you can feel justified making another tired thread about TDEE for God-knows-what reason.
    It is interesting that you are making this comment in your own recent TDEE thread...
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

It's not about getting a long. We don't need to get along with anyone.

Straw men and ad hominems are considered logical fallacies for a reason. With that style of discussion you're effectively limiting the chance of having productive discussion.

PS. you've got my name wrong. I suggest you use Mrpb or Bro if you prefer.
    LOL and as I suspected, simply couldn’t resist another post.

Keep them coming… the only one limiting discussion at this point is you by not dropping the argument.

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    It is interesting that you are making this comment in your own recent TDEE thread...
    This thread is a joke.

Please read back where I say repeatedly it’s a joke.

LOL and as I suspected, simply couldn’t resist another post.
    I'm not even trying to resist. You do realise that every time you accuse me of wanting to have the last word you're doing the same thing yourself right?

If it bothers you so much just stop posting yourself.

BTW, I answered your question in the other thread.

I'm not even trying to resist. You do realise that every time you accuse me of wanting to have the last word you're doing the same thing yourself right?

If it bothers you so much just stop posting yourself.

BTW, I answered your question in the other thread.
    Bothers me? Nope.

I just find it funny you try to seem like the adult in the room and yet here we are, doing the same thing you cried to the mods about.

Yet again, more hypocrisy.

You say it’s a distraction, well… then stop.

Nobody needs your self-absorbed policing in a thread that was intended as a joke to begin with.

I just find it funny you try to seem like the adult in the room and yet here we are, doing the same thing you cried to the mods about.
    FYI: I reported you for the profuse usage of ad hominems/personal attacks. It's against the forum rules and a hindrance to productive discussion.

Have you ever seen me use them directed at you? If so, I'd like to know.

You say it’s a distraction, well… then stop.
    Ad hominems are the hindrance. As far as I know I don't use them.

FYI: I reported you for the profuse usage of ad hominems/personal attacks. It's against the forum rules and a hindrance to productive discussion.

Have you ever seen me use them directed at you? If so, I'd like to know.

Ad hominems are the hindrance. As far as I know I don't use them.
    Cool so I can report you for excessive arguing then too, because that’s on the list of banned actions as well.

Oh wait I’m not 5 years old crying to my parents… I forgot.

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Humor is never in the context of a vacuum - it's a joke, I think, because you're offended by Feigenbaum's dismissal of you on social media. Likewise I find that your deletion of the other thread was a face-saving mechanism once your other OP (which wasn't ostensibly a joke, but instead a serious surprise at the possibility of such unconventional claims, and hoping for validation) was met with legitimate rebuttal, well-argued and cited whether or not ultimately true.

Honestly if you were the mature one, you would leave that as it is and leave your disagreement for the record or simply stop replying, yourself, instead of deleting the thread. I think that revokes your card to call someone else a five year old. You have been consistently reverting to the allegation of humor to deflect the hypocrisy of your own ego being wounded by the original point in question in response to those taking it seriously, and furthermore fallaciously associate Mrpb's contentions with narcissism (and where that connection itself comes from is not at all clear to me), without answering the arguments themselves. The extent of his antagonism as far as I can tell have never exceeded admitting that he found your behavior amusing, and honestly, I did too. But you are the only one who has levied direct insults or reacted with obvious emotion, and you are quick to do so.

If this really is a joke, then you are the one who needs to calm down and lighten up.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Humor is never in the context of a vacuum - it's a joke, I think, because you're offended by Feigenbaum's dismissal of you on social media. Likewise I find that your deletion of the other thread was a face-saving mechanism once your other OP (which wasn't ostensibly a joke, but instead a serious surprise at the possibility of such unconventional claims, and hoping for validation) was met with legitimate rebuttal, well-argued and cited whether or not ultimately true.

Honestly if you were the mature one, you would leave that as it is and leave your disagreement for the record or simply stop replying, yourself, instead of deleting the thread. I think that revokes your card to call someone else a five year old. You have been consistently reverting to the allegation of humor to deflect the hypocrisy of your own ego being wounded by the original point in question in response to those taking it seriously, and furthermore fallaciously associate Mrpb's contentions with narcissism (and where that connection itself comes from is not at all clear to me), without answering the arguments themselves. The extent of his antagonism as far as I can tell have never exceeded admitting that he found your behavior amusing, and honestly, I did too. But you are the only one who has levied direct insults or reacted with obvious emotion, and you are quick to do so.

If this really is a joke, then you are the one who needs to calm down and lighten up.
    Thanks for sharing your personal opinion on my motivations for deleting a thread.

Sadly, you're wrong. Your opinion is wrong, mrpb's opinion is wrong, etc, etc.

It really doesn't matter to me if you, he, or anyone else believes it at this point.

This whole conversation is going nowhere, and this... precisely this... it why I deleted that thread.

Certain people cannot seem to mix friendly jokes, sarcasm, and other means of social engagement with scientific discussions. Fine, then don't engage with the humor, don't engage with those kinds of threads, just stick to your meta-analyses and call it a day.

Plenty of other people have made similar threads, and yet I see no one but me getting alleged for taking them seriously when they, too, are also jokes; just like mine is/was.

If, by this point, you haven't been able to read into everything i've said, everything I have posted from J.F., and realized that I am simply having a go at him for making vague statement to me personally which are completely false... I don't know what to tell you.

I shared a screenshot where Jordan stated "that isn't how this works" when I told him that I increased my TDEE when my exercise activity went up.

If that, to you, is an accurate statement... then hey... have fun with that.

I, however, consider that a stupid and false claim.

J.F. has since more outwardly expressed his views of the studies with more subtlety -- that's great! But it doesn't dismiss the fact that he made several -- not one, but SEVERAL -- stupid comments to me personally which I know to be false, and anyone with common sense would also see as false or AT LEAST extremely misleading.

Thus he is, at best, extremely inconsistent and/or a terrible science communicator.

I delete threads when people, such as MRPB, start clinging to semantics, pedantic arguments, etc, because they'd rather try to attack me by means of mental gymnastics as opposed to using common language and reasonable inferences when they know full-well what I mean.

Cool dude.. you do you...
    Last edited by AdamWW; 09-01-2021 at 10:00 AM.