Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by digvijayarya View Post
    Hi bro, how are you doing?

So, I have been reading a lot about it and I came across this site which has Q&A on serratus anterior (://wwwmissing after https)

https.rehabtrainer.com.au/cafe/answers-to-cutting-edge-shoulder-quiz

I feel that (in my case) scapula is already moved away from centre and winged towards shoulder cap, shouldnt I focus more on bringing it back rather than doing exercises that create upward rotation.

Also, I have zero trouble in taking hand above or across or sideways (I mean pain wise).

Also, I dnt know what happened but I lost complete mind muscle with serratus and have been in constant pain. Depression kicks in as soon as this happens.
    Hey hey, it's kinda hard to say what can be wrong now, perhaps in some exercises u go into excessive retraction and working the muscle which u want to calm down.
    Maybe try just to perform wall slides for few days and see how it is?

digvijayarya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    Hey hey, it's kinda hard to say what can be wrong now, perhaps in some exercises u go into excessive retraction and working the muscle which u want to calm down.
    Maybe try just to perform wall slides for few days and see how it is?
    Hey man, how are you doing?

Last week, I had an accident and broke my ankle. Fck my luck

In last 2-3 days I again became regular with my routine but still there is something that I just cant understand. I know serratus weakness is definitely the main culprit but in my right side (i feel seratus working) but still feel weird/painfull and its a different kind of pain.
    Its maybe something to do with rotator cuff, i dnt know. I m just doing everything I can.

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, how are you doing?

Last week, I had an accident and broke my ankle. Fck my luck

In last 2-3 days I again became regular with my routine but still there is something that I just cant understand. I know serratus weakness is definitely the main culprit but in my right side (i feel seratus working) but still feel weird/painfull and its a different kind of pain.
    Its maybe something to do with rotator cuff, i dnt know. I m just doing everything I can.
    The paint is between scapula mostly?

The paint is between scapula mostly?
    Hey Man, how are you doing?

So, I took days off from office and focused completely on this. I wrote every small detail I found relatable on a white board and video logged all exercises.

Area of Pain
    1. Neck - It gets so stiff (there are some nerves on sides which gets stiffer than stone)
    2. Feeling that something is pulling my shoulder down
    3. Sharp pain like some pin is inserted in shoulder blade. This has reduced to maybe once in a day (for like a second)

Im doing seratus excercise along with lower trap + over head shrugs
    Plus, Im religiously stretching out pecs, lats.

What do you think bro, Am i on the right track ?
    Should I add anything else?

Below is the video of Week 3.
    Week3 Wall pushup test: httpsdrive.google.com/file/d/1wEMkTNZLALgXRL_IF4M9iCOw47xseIEI/view?usp=sharing

Week 3 Arm raise test: httpsdrive.google.com/file/d/1wHJaWkBh1Bpxk10ejYgy31ydyejEk4WY/view?usp=sharing

Maybe you can add dumbell pullover ( done like this : https://youtu.be/c1dlAXuWq4k?t=87 ) while keep the protraction and work in the motion you can tolerate. If your neck feels so stiff it's good chance upper traps are just too long and weak in my case exercises wasn't alone to fix it. I had to learn how to use them in static posture. Try to gently elevate your shoulders and stay there, it doesnt have to be excessive elevation just slightly and then check after 2 days if your neck still feels stiff.

Thanks for getting back dude.

I have been doing this cue of elevating shoulders from a long time but it hasnt helped much

Can you help me out with one thing?
    I am not really sure where scapula should be at different times, like when sitting or standing. I was thinking if I can try to bring scapula that way "consciously" through the day my body will get adapted to it ?

This is just a thought, What do you think about it?

I have been doing this cue of elevating shoulders from a long time but it hasnt helped much

I am not really sure where scapula should be at different times, like when sitting or standing. I was thinking if I can try to bring scapula that way "consciously" through the day my body will get adapted to it ?

Superior angle of scapula should be at T2 level vertabrae (gently upward rotated and posteriory tilted). If scapula is anteriory tilted or downly rotated it can give illusion that it's high enough but in that case levator scapula dominance over the traps (medial boreder goes high instead). And yes of course stastic position matter as much as exercises.
    Last edited by Szyszak; 09-21-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Dude, I saw once again how you making arm raise above the head. The problem is that in eccentric phase your scapula drives into excessive downward rotation. I show you this on the pictures.

It's motor control issue.

This is yours : https://ibb.co/wSdFdzr

That's other guy which has the same issue but not that excessive as you (in static posture): https://ibb.co/qjY0B9v

You would have to learn how scapula should move, and it's kinda hard to explain not in person. Only advice I can give dont let it tilt into downward rotation.

Do you see how this girl is performing the arm raises?
    https://youtu.be/X82c7enCQG8?t=32

Stop the video at 0:35 and check her scapula.

When she is going back down, her scapula stay in one nice position (aint going into downward rotation)

Try watch this and after your arm raises, after try to do the same and record yourself.
    Last edited by Szyszak; 09-22-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Dude, I saw once again how you making arm raise above the head. The problem is that in eccentric phase your scapula drives into excessive downward rotation. I show you this on the pictures.

It's motor control issue.

This is yours :

That's other guy which has the same issue but not that excessive as you (in static posture):

You would have to learn how scapula should move, and it's kinda hard to explain not in person. Only advice I can give dont let it tilt into downward rotation.

Do you see how this girl is performing the arm raises?

Stop the video at 0:35 and check her scapula.

When she is going back down, her scapula stay in one nice position (aint going into downward rotation)

Try watch this and after your arm raises, after try to do the same and record yourself.
    Dude thank you so much, you are taking interest in helping me out even when you dont know me. I can thank enough. I wish a healthy life to you and your family.

I saw the images and videos and realized that, my scapula just go and bang into the middle (spinal chord maybe) and for rest others it stops in middle.

You know, there were some days when I thought I am on right track..ill have my life back but then yesterday after I was done with my rehab work I went out and i dnt know what happened my whole neck, trap got stiff and i was feeling the left shoulder dropping down (exactly same symptoms I had before i started serratus work).

I know I am asking a lot but would you mind if I can have a call with you or just instant messaging ? I have taken so many days off work i am worried I ll my job even and I have already spend huge money in visiting fancy chiros and doctors here in India.

Dude thank you so much, you are taking interest in helping me out even when you dont know me. I can thank enough. I wish a healthy life to you and your family.

I saw the images and videos and realized that, my scapula just go and bang into the middle (spinal chord maybe) and for rest others it stops in middle.

You know, there were some days when I thought I am on right track..ill have my life back but then yesterday after I was done with my rehab work I went out and i dnt know what happened my whole neck, trap got stiff and i was feeling the left shoulder dropping down (exactly same symptoms I had before i started serratus work).

I know I am asking a lot but would you mind if I can have a call with you or just instant messaging ? I have taken so many days off work i am worried I ll my job even and I have already spend huge money in visiting fancy chiros and doctors here in India.
    sure leave me your fb account here and I contact you

sure leave me your fb account here and I contact you
    Great!

So my FB account is "Digvijay Arya"
    or digvijay27arya@yahoo.com

Great!

So my FB account is "Digvijay Arya"
    or digvijay27arya@yahoo.com
    cant find u, add me https://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100007652506844

cant find u, add me
    I have shared a friend request. Looking forward to connect bro