jreecefwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

These darn love handles.

In the 25 years since acquiring love handles at age 13, there has been only one time in my life that I had a completely flat stomach. That was at the end of basic training. I nearly got there again at age 27, when I was the strongest I have ever been. Now, as I'm pushing 40, and though my fitness goals are a bit different (I mainly want to be lean, energetic, light on my feet so I can be active with my 5 kids) I still want the aesthetic goal of a trim mid section. I went to a nutritionist, who did a genetic test on me, and she told me to eat a diet of 55% healthy fats, 25% protein, and 20% healthy carbs. She also told me to adjust my workout routine from 3 sets of 8-10 reps to 2 sets of 5 reps with heavier weight because my genetic test stated that my muscle fibers were geared more for strength than endurance. I have a bit of an issue, however, arthritis in my shoulder, and now tendonitis in the elbow of the same arm. I'm finding it a bit difficult to really push myself and eek out as much weight on 5 reps as I can truly handle, and on many different exercises. I'm pretty sure that genetics are a huge reason why my belly fat is so stubborn. People often underestimate my weight significantly when they can't see my mid section. My sisters have both been unable to find much progress in the same area, even without the injuries limiting them. I just thought I would reach out to a group passionate about this stuff instead of sticking strictly to what one professional has told me. I appreciate your time for reading this post and for any suggestions you all might have. 🙏

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Ultimately, to lose fat you will have to run a net calorie deficit. Read the basics sticky thread about fat loss.

In some cases, it's not appropriate to fixate on fat loss when you are already quite slim and it's lack of muscle that is really holding you back - but we'd probably need a picture to make that determination.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what he said ^

and don't focus on hitting certain macro percentages or a certain amount of sets and reps because of a genetic test... just run a decent program and follow it to a T

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As mentioned, a pic of yourself shirtless is the only way to get you on the right track along with your height and weight and yes the stickies at the top of the forum will guide you.

The takeaway info though is that you can't spot reduce fat, it comes off in a sequence dictated by your genetics. Your nutritionist has you taking in too much fat and not enough protein plus macro % is not the way to figure things. You go by grams per day of your macros.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tommy is right above^^^.
    You cannot spot reduce.
    Your body will rid itself of fat where it wants to.
    Some areas will linger around longer than others..
    Also taking training advise from a nutritionist is like taking advise for your heart from a pediotrist.
    A qualified trainer would set you on the right path training wise for fat loss.
    I agree strive for building muscle,eat clean and add some type of cardio and you have the basics.
    Check the stickies for more info.
    Good luck.