Slimguy2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Starting From The Bottom

Hi all,

I decided to join this forum as whenever I have googled for answers this place has always come up with some interesting stuff and often some useful information.

I'll put a little bit of background. I am 27, and due to various issues with mental health I have had a very docile lifestyle for the last 10 years or so. I haven't gained weight at all, I am just really slim, and don't have much muscle mass. I assume whatever weight I have on me is mostly fat rather than muscle?

I am roughly 75kg, and 5'11".

My exercise basically consists of whatever walking I do at work, which is around 3-7 miles per day. It's fast paced walking usually.

Anyway, I have tried a few different methods of getting myself healthier, but I quickly loose interest for some reason. I have bought a rowing machine, and ended up with a bad back, I tried jogging, but my ankle ended up getting painful and I couldn't carry on with it.

I think I am going in to hard at the start and not giving my body chance to adjust to the more active life I want to lead. I also think maybe my docile life has lead to bone reduction previously, which has made it harder to start doing more strenuous tasks now?

Does anyone have any tips on where to start? Any exercise that they have done before that's a good starting point? Is it possible to build good bone and muscle mass at this age? (27). And can anyone recommend anything I would need to do diet wise if I suddenly start doing much more exercise?

I hope with time, I can start helping people out on here as well, but at the moment I am rather clueless!
    Thank you!

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Slimguy2 View Post
    Hi all,

I decided to join this forum as whenever I have googled for answers this place has always come up with some interesting stuff and often some useful information.

I'll put a little bit of background. I am 27, and due to various issues with mental health I have had a very docile lifestyle for the last 10 years or so. I haven't gained weight at all, I am just really slim, and don't have much muscle mass. I assume whatever weight I have on me is mostly fat rather than muscle?

I am roughly 75kg, and 5'11".

My exercise basically consists of whatever walking I do at work, which is around 3-7 miles per day. It's fast paced walking usually.

Anyway, I have tried a few different methods of getting myself healthier, but I quickly loose interest for some reason. I have bought a rowing machine, and ended up with a bad back, I tried jogging, but my ankle ended up getting painful and I couldn't carry on with it.

I think I am going in to hard at the start and not giving my body chance to adjust to the more active life I want to lead. I also think maybe my docile life has lead to bone reduction previously, which has made it harder to start doing more strenuous tasks now?

Does anyone have any tips on where to start? Any exercise that they have done before that's a good starting point? Is it possible to build good bone and muscle mass at this age? (27). And can anyone recommend anything I would need to do diet wise if I suddenly start doing much more exercise?

I hope with time, I can start helping people out on here as well, but at the moment I am rather clueless!
    Thank you!
    Really doubt you've had any bone reduction by 27 years old.

I started at age 39, 135 lbs 5'7" all my life. Just run a balanced routine and be consistent. No need to go hard, just go steady.

A good beginner program would be Stronglifts 5x5. It will get you used to training regularly in a structured way, three days a week.

From there you could look at 4 day Upper-Lower routines like:
    Candito Linear
    Vikings
    Fierce 5
    AllPros

Eat protein 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323