Thread: Lose weight

Registered User userVVIMBD2CHDN's Avatar
    userVVIMBD2CHDN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lose weight

Hi so I am tennis player and I need help. I weigh 200 pounds but when I started this journey I was 230. I started fasting and then would play 2 hours of hard tennis and I dropped 30lbs after some time. But from there it totally stopped. As a tennis player, I need to be lighter. I can’t compete at my best when my opponents are 165lbs.

So I picked up a new meal program after 4 months of total weight loss stagnation.
    It is called the belly fat cure and the book promised I would lose 4-9lbs in the first week. The plan is 6 meals with no sugar and less than 20 grams of carbs per meal. I did it to the T. Like I didn’t **** up at all for one week. I lost 0 pounds.

In the book it also recommended NOT to work out as apparently muscle stress affects Insulin processing. I don’t know but I played tennis hard all week. And I did circuit training. So I didn’t mess up the diet but I exercised.

I’m desperate and I’m sick of being at 200. I want to be 165lbs

I gain weight easily, my family
    Is mostly overweight…diabetes on my moms side. I’m just giving details in case people find it useful when thinking of my solutions.

Thanks in advance

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by userVVIMBD2CHDN View Post
    Hi so I am tennis player and I need help. I weigh 200 pounds but when I started this journey I was 230. I started fasting and then would play 2 hours of hard tennis and I dropped 30lbs after some time. But from there it totally stopped. As a tennis player, I need to be lighter. I can’t compete at my best when my opponents are 165lbs.

So I picked up a new meal program after 4 months of total weight loss stagnation.
    It is called the belly fat cure and the book promised I would lose 4-9lbs in the first week. The plan is 6 meals with no sugar and less than 20 grams of carbs per meal. I did it to the T. Like I didn’t **** up at all for one week. I lost 0 pounds.

In the book it also recommended NOT to work out as apparently muscle stress affects Insulin processing. I don’t know but I played tennis hard all week. And I did circuit training. So I didn’t mess up the diet but I exercised.

I’m desperate and I’m sick of being at 200. I want to be 165lbs

I gain weight easily, my family
    Is mostly overweight…diabetes on my moms side. I’m just giving details in case people find it useful when thinking of my solutions.

Thanks in advance
    Drop the book and the meal plan it provided you with. That's garbage.

The number of calories that got you from 230 to 200 is no longer a deficit for you, and now your new maintenance. So continue to lose weight, you need to drop calories further, move a bit more, or ideally for most people, a bit of both - a bit more activity, and bit less food.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

Registered User sohrabalborzian's Avatar
    sohrabalborzian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    Drop the book and the meal plan it provided you with. That's garbage.

The number of calories that got you from 230 to 200 is no longer a deficit for you, and now your new maintenance. So continue to lose weight, you need to drop calories further, move a bit more, or ideally for most people, a bit of both - a bit more activity, and bit less food.
    i dont think you understood probably because i explained poorly...i play tennis 2.5 hours a day plus 1 hour of circuit training on 2-3 days a week...the deficit is close to 1200-2000 calories...i dont understand how i didnt drop a pound....

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sohrabalborzian View Post
    i dont think you understood probably because i explained poorly...i play tennis 2.5 hours a day plus 1 hour of circuit training on 2-3 days a week...the deficit is close to 1200-2000 calories...i dont understand how i didnt drop a pound....
    You explained it just fine, but if you were in a deficit of 1200-2000 calories per day you would have lost between 2.5-4 lbs per week, but since you didn't lose anything you are not in a deficit.

The ONLY indicator of a calorie deficit is weight loss, its not what a calculator or app or website tells you.

You are eating too many calories on a weekly basis.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    You explained it just fine, but if you were in a deficit of 1200-2000 calories per day you would have lost between 2.5-4 lbs per week, but since you didn't lose anything you are not in a deficit.

The ONLY indicator of a calorie deficit is weight loss, its not what a calculator or app or website tells you.

Im guessing op adds the calories he thinks he is burning with cardio to his daily deficit
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    As mentioned, calculators make guesses about reality. If your weight data is showing you aren't losing weight then that is a much better view on reality than pure guesswork. If your weight literally has not changed in 4 months and you have been accurately tracking calorie intake then that means you have very strong evidence that your average calorie intake is your maintenance level.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post

this OP... if there is no weight loss, there is no deficit

also, you said you only did it for one week? sometimes a week isn't enough to see a difference on the scale, try 2-3 weeks and see how it goes. 4-9 lbs in the first week is mostly water anyway

personally i wouldn't do meal programs because they don't teach you the fundamentals of weight loss. do you know how to maintain or keep losing weight when you eventually hop off the plan?

the book tells you not to workout too... like maybe you can lose weight faster that way, but it's only because you'll also be losing a ton of muscle and not just fat --> worse looking body compared to if you just worked out