Blodhgarm85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fitness and newborn baby

So this is an awkward question. I just had a newborn, and of course read some things googling questions. I read that skin to skin bonding a newborn with the father will lower his testosterone.

So the question being, does this affect fitness/bodybuilding? Seems to be hard to google the answer.

Now im not saying I don't want to hold my baby. Im just curious if perhaps I should keep clothing between him and I and limit skin to skin to picking him up and maybe kiss on his head, rather than having him sleep in my arms or chest without cloth between us?

Maybe Im just being dumb
    Last edited by Blodhgarm85; 08-18-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Registered User userPDGMNDAB0IZ's Avatar
    userPDGMNDAB0IZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Blodhgarm85 View Post
    So this is an awkward question. I just had a newborn, and of course read some things googling questions. I read that skin to skin bonding a newborn with the father will lower his testosterone.

So the question being, does this affect fitness/bodybuilding? Seems to be hard to google the answer.

Now im not saying I don't want to hold my baby. Im just curious if perhaps I should keep clothing between him and I and limit skin to skin to picking him up and maybe kiss on his head, rather than having him sleep in my arms or chest without cloth between us?

Maybe Im just being dumb
    Nah bro just enjoy your newborn

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yeah, you would put worries about your gainz above bonding with your child? Cmon man.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yeah, you would put worries about your gainz above bonding with your child? Cmon man.
    This.

And it’s bovine excrement in any case. Hugging your kid shirtless isn’t going to sap your testosterone, fill you with estrogen and magically change all the proteins in your diet to fats.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I think he may be worried about his son's future gainz.

OP, if it were me I wouldn't worry about it, but I would start him training in the gym once he gets old enough at around 6 months.

The last thing you want is for the poor kid to get mogged by mini Chad at daycare.
    #istaindwithky

( ) • ( )

HiddenUser is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Blodhgarm85 View Post

Where did you read about this?

merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) merlen90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Been down the same road, twice. With my first child I was out of the gym for a couple years. I started to train again before the second boy and I vowed not to have that happen again. I basically had to do three things.

1.) Cut out another "luxury" ie watching sports on television, internet surfing, or video games and free that time up for training.

2.) Learn to maximize my training time- core exercises primarily. In my case I work out 3x a week for 1 hour. HIT all the way.

3.) Identify the "pockets" of time I may have. For me it was when my wife's turn to put the baby to sleep I would let her know that I was sneaking out to train. This is important to let her know you are acknowledging your responsibilities and that you are not running away from them.

Good luck and congrats!