SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Losing fat on a higher carb diet?

Is it really effective? I'm cutting @ 1900 kcals with 250g of carbs.

I've read that high carbohydrates spike insulin to store the glucose derived from the carbs into the muscle and fat cells. This spike in insulin has a lasting effect and inhibits fat burning temporarily.

So since I'm eating a high carb diet, I'm considering changing to a more low carb approach to see if it makes a difference as my fat loss progress is very slow. My waist has come down from 32.5" to 30" but no visible difference.

Thoughts?
    Christian

COD lover

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it doesn't matter as long as you're hitting your macros man... people can eat 500 grams of carbs and still lose fat normally if they're in a deficit

dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SnipeItLikePro View Post
    Is it really effective? I'm cutting @ 1900 kcals with 250g of carbs.

I've read that high carbohydrates spike insulin to store the glucose derived from the carbs into the muscle and fat cells. This spike in insulin has a lasting effect and inhibits fat burning temporarily.

So since I'm eating a high carb diet, I'm considering changing to a more low carb approach to see if it makes a difference as my fat loss progress is very slow. My waist has come down from 32.5" to 30" but no visible difference.

Thoughts?

Calories in calories out will account for fat loss. Weight lifting and protein will help to preserve muscle mass while losing weight, but other macronutrient content will not matter for purpose of weight loss. If you like eating carbs you can keep doing so just lower total calories or increase physical activity if you goal is fat loss. I would encourage you monitor weight trends over time as water weight can fluctauate throughout the day and day-to-day

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SnipeItLikePro View Post
    That ^^^ is "majoring" in the "minors". Forget "insulin spike" unless you are diabetic, pre-diabetic or have been told by a doctor to worry about it. Hint: protein causes an insulin reaction...

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get in your protein and good fats and fill the rest of your calories up with whatever you want, it makes no difference as far as fat loss. Most people vary carbs as it's the macro that's the least necessary of the 3. When calories need to get low, generally it's carbs that get dropped.

Your weekly calorie amount is what matters as far as fat loss\gain and not macros. Macros count a little but nothing compared to overall calories when it comes to weight management
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    That ^^^ is "majoring" in the "minors". Forget "insulin spike" unless you are diabetic, pre-diabetic or have been told by a doctor to worry about it. Hint: protein causes an insulin reaction...
    This. Every single thing you eat causes an increase in insulin. Some foods more than others.

Don't worry about it.

Most people who go higher carbs end up holding onto more muscle, feel better, look better, and keep up with their training performance in the gym.

If you're not losing weight, carbs are never the issue. Not being in a calorie deficit is the issue.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    In a healthy individual, insulin only stores what YOU eat. So blaming it for fat gain is shooting the messenger. Another hormone that gets a bad rap by those who try to sound scientific is cortisol. It's a necessary part of your endocrine system, not your enemy. Again, if cortisol is chronically elevated, it's a sign of major problems with your lifestyle.

This is a perfect example of the phrase "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".