Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 3fifty View Post
    Ok cool. Thanks. Yeah, that's my goal for now, afterwards I intend to get back into the muscle building portion as I've done before.

Anyway, now that you know my goals and said option A, do you think it's a terrible way for me to achieve my goals? Just want to make sure there isn't some risk you're aware of that I'm not yet. Thanks.
    Like I said for weight loss only and no concern about muscle or anything else, it’ll get you there if there’s a deficit.

I think it’s crappy since I could eat 3 enjoyable meals/day, add a protein shake or two, never be hungry, retain more muscle, and still lose weight. But that’s me. Do what makes sense for your goals and preferences.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Oh I see. Well, I'd like to hear your input on option A or B given my goals, which don't currently include muscle growth or preservation.

Ok cool. Thanks. Yeah, that's my goal for now, afterwards I intend to get back into the muscle building portion as I've done before.
    If the above bolded is true, you're taking a dumb approach, but you do you, I guess.

3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    If the above bolded is true, you're taking a dumb approach, but you do you, I guess.

Well I'll be honest man, I don't have muscle to preserve right now lol. I've had a good amount of mass in the past, but I haven't worked out in like 7 months for muscle growth. Know what I mean? Do you still think it's a dumb approach and why?

I want to get to a healthy level of lean - as fast as possible. Less fat. That's my priority. I can't pack on much muscle while I'm at such a deficit, I don't even feel like trying with as busy as life is lol. Once I'm at an appropriate level of bodyfat, then I'll eat near maintenance or slight surplus and start lifting for mass again.

Fortunately, muscle memory is insanely cool, I put on mass very fast.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well I'll be honest man, I don't have muscle to preserve right now lol. I've had a good amount of mass in the past, but I haven't worked out in like 7 months for muscle growth. Know what I mean? Do you still think it's a dumb approach and why?

I want to get to a healthy level of lean - as fast as possible. Less fat. That's my priority. I can't pack on much muscle while I'm at such a deficit, I don't even feel like trying with as busy as life is lol. Once I'm at an appropriate level of bodyfat, then I'll eat near maintenance or slight surplus and start lifting for mass again.

Moronic approach. Sorry. Are you just too lazy to train? Seems like it.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I don't recommend titling this type of thread "Long time fitness person here" if it doesn't apply to your current state, as people on this forum are going to assume that muscle and fitness must fit into the overall equation somewhere.

If you already know what you're going to do, just do it - not sure why you keep asking & expecting someone to tell you it's a good idea. Still it's your body & you can do whatever you want.

3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3fifty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Moronic approach. Sorry. Are you just too lazy to train? Seems like it.
    Lazy? Possibly. Or, I could be moving, have a baby on the way, have two dying grandparents I help with, two struggling parents I help, while working with a high enough quality where I now earn the equilevant of about two doctors income annually, which will help my future grandkids and is vital to the health of other family, therefore I prioritize those things over weight lifting for muscle temporarily at this time.

However good for you, I'm glad you're pursuing muscle and going around suggesting others are lazy for not doing the same. You keep on being a quality poster.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I don't recommend titling this type of thread "Long time fitness person here" if it doesn't apply to your current state, as people on this forum are going to assume that muscle and fitness must fit into the overall equation somewhere.

If you already know what you're going to do, just do it - not sure why you keep asking & expecting someone to tell you it's a good idea. Still it's your body & you can do whatever you want.
    Low bodyfat is fitness, fitness doesn't mean muscle building. I'm not asking the same question over and over, I'm asking one question, and I'm asking for people to explain their knowledge behind a decision. All of my questions in here have made sense and are logically sound so far.

Low bodyfat is fitness, fitness doesn't mean muscle building.
    Sounded like you're not at low bf, but I also think low bf with no muscle mass sounds like starvation not fitness.

I'm not asking the same question over and over, I'm asking one question, and I'm asking for people to explain their knowledge behind a decision. All of my questions in here have made sense and are logically sound so far.
    If what you're doing is logically sound and makes sense to you, you should do what works for you. You don't need to justify what you're doing to us anymore than any of us has to try to repeatedly justify our opinions to you.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Low bodyfat is fitness, fitness doesn't mean muscle building.
    In order to achieve low bodyfat you need to maintain muscle mass not put it at risk, otherwise you just end up with lower overall mass (lower BF and less muscle) which totally defeats the purpose of fat loss.

If the goal is to shrink yourself great, thats not bodybuilding or fitness and thus maybe this entire forum isn't the place for you.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lazy? Possibly. Or, I could be moving, have a baby on the way, have two dying grandparents I help with, two struggling parents I help, while working with a high enough quality where I now earn the equilevant of about two doctors income annually, which will help my future grandkids and is vital to the health of other family, therefore I prioritize those things over weight lifting for muscle temporarily at this time.

However good for you, I'm glad you're pursuing muscle and going around suggesting others are lazy for not doing the same. You keep on being a quality poster.

Low bodyfat is fitness, fitness doesn't mean muscle building. I'm not asking the same question over and over, I'm asking one question, and I'm asking for people to explain their knowledge behind a decision. All of my questions in here have made sense and are logically sound so far.
    If low bodyfat is fitness I guess the meth heads are fit then, huh? A lot of people are busy and find time to work out. That’s what, all of 3-5 hours a week. I’m not sure why you keep posting as your question has been answered. This is BB.com not Let’s Get Skinny With No Muscle.com.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You don’t need to go «all in» on the bodybuilding lifestyle. But doing resistance training is arguably one of the most important things you can do for your health as you age. Without that you will lose muscle with age and you are taking those muscles - that enable you to function properly in your daily life - for granted now.

So many people who are just in their 50s (or even younger) are walking around with back pain or shoulder pain that result from muscle imbalances or an inactive lifestyle and they could fix a lot of this with regular exercise.

Having a lot of stuff on your plate is not a good excuse IMO. There is always time that you will use for empty activites such as watching something on TV or scrolling social media.

Three sessions of 30 minutes of resistance training each week takes little time off your schedule and goes a loooong way.
    Last edited by EiFit91; 08-18-2021 at 02:43 AM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I should know the answer to this but I hear too much conflicting info. Can somebody help me understand this? I'll try to simplify it.

If you're using intermittent fasting as a method of weight loss (calorie reduction), which one of these methods would have you lose weight fastest/best?

Option A: The person only eats one meal a day, a dinner (assuming there'd be a deficit here)

Option B: The person does the same except they have a protein shake (something as clean as protein mixed with water) in the middle of the day.

I would normally assume A because the daily caloric intake would be less overall, but, I see conflicting sources, some saying that option A would put your body in a moderate "starvation" mode, meaning you hang onto those calories more, and therefore option B is more effective.

Does anybody with a real education in this know the answer?
    I go with A. I like to control insulin, which stores glucose in adiposites in fat and blocks leptin and grhelin signaling. I also stopped using protein shakes years ago and use whole food only. Lots of PhD's and Dr's giving great free advice and information on YT, which is where I get info from, in addition to fora like this with huge compounding knowledge and collective experience. Calories in vs cals out is valid combined with fat storage and liberation- which is very complicated. The endocrine system is fascinating to me though.
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
    -Twain

Originally Posted by looton View Post
    lots of phd's and dr's giving great free advice and information on yt, which is where i get info from,
    jfc

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB