LukeDunkley is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Upright row carry over

So i have been progressing my upright row a lot over the last 6 months and managed to pull 100kg on a straight bar. A lot of people have been telling me there's no point to getting your strength up that much on such an obscure lift but i think there's always going to be a good amount of carryover to other exercises. Last week i did a 90kg behind the neck shoulder press for a double which could be attributed somewhat to my high lateral deltoid strength. It's possible at least, just wanted to know your opinions.

There's a video of my upright row on my instagram (lukedunkleypt), usually i'm a lot more strict but this was my 100kg lift. I'll be posting a lot more obscure lifts once i train them to a point where i can lift heavy enough that i think people will be interested.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great for your traps and delts.
    Its more of a low/High clean pull than an upright row really.

But.

I wouldn't care what people think especially if you:
    A) enjoy your
    B) feels gains
    C) experience transfer

Carry on 👌
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whoever these people are i'm guessing aren't as strong as you especially in this lift. if you were a judoka this would definitely be an invaluable lift, it's applicable for many things in competitive judo....this is why so many judo guys have great traps and posture

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I prefer using deadlift variations or especially farmer's walks for trap compounds, once in awhile i'll use an upright row but it never takes much beyond 50 maybe 60lb bar to hit the muscle hard. I've always seen them as a lighter accessory movement, and I never really got that great of a reaction from my traps using them compared to a farmer's walk or cleans. I never bothered progressing with them when I had better ways available to work that area.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261