haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haroon1217 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Suggested workout plan for bulking amateur (home)

Hi everybody,

Recently wanted to get back into using the gym equipment at my home. I'm 5"7 Skinny about ~116 pounds.

I have the following equipment:
    Dumbbells (Adjustable)
    Barbell rod (Adjustable)
    ~ 45KG in plates
    Bench (Can also squat using this)

I've been quite overwhelmed by the number of workout programs I've seen thus far. My aim is simply to feel better by exercising but I would very much prefer a workout that focuses on giving me desirable aesthetics along with gaining strength
    as opposed to something like stronglifts 5x5 which mainly boosts your core strenght if that makes any sense.

Looking forward to any replies !
    (p.s a bit off topic but if i may ask how many calories should I consume there is quite a bit of discrepancy between various sites
    I workout 4 days a week and other than that run 15 mins a day / play VR games or do some crunches)

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Read the linked article. It will tell you everything you need to know. The best thing is, with this knowledge, you can design an intelligent program based around the equipment you have and the exercises you can do.

I wouldn’t “bulk”…that term gets thrown around a lot. It generally means eating like a pig and getting fat to assure you have enough calories available to gain muscle. However, most people (especially beginners) don’t have a good enough grip on nutrition and gain too much fat, look like slobs, and then have to spend months trying to “cut” all that unattractive fat they gained.

Better to eat in a modest surplus of 200-500 calories (more than your body uses), gain weight slower, but the majority of that will be muscle.

Use any online calorie calculator, or average several…this isn’t 100% accurate, but it is ONLY a starting point. You must monitor your weight every day, compare the changes on the scale and your appearance, and make adjustments as needed. If you are getting too fat, cut back, if you aren’t gaining any weight, add a little. Everyone is different, so just worry about you. At your low body weight, if very lean, you may benefit from a healthier level of fat.

So, MHO…read the article…JUST this article. There is too much BS online, and a ton of minutia you don’t need to worry about for YEARS. Trust me, there are no tricks to get there faster…it takes time, dedication, consistancy, and EFFORT.

https://www.tigerfitness.com/blogs/w...ilding-workout
    Last edited by grubman; 08-10-2021 at 04:26 AM.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well I don't know the experiences of others, but the best results I got were actually right when I started lifting. I was eating a little over 5000 calories a day, and doing a routine that consisted of a bench, row, clean n press, chinups(for something bicep intensive), squat, deadlift, dip, and farmer's walk. I'd do 3-5 sets of each, rest 1 or 2 days and go again. Sounds simple, but it definitely isn't once you start progressing up in weight each week.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is a small routine that can set the foundation for a bigger routine, once you muscle up more.

Bench press (only with a spotter) (2 lightweight warm up sets) then (3 sets of 5)

Standing push press (3 sets of 5)

Deep Knee Bends (3 sets of 5) To warm up and pre-fatigue the leg muscles somewhat.

Dead lift (2 warm up light sets of 5) (2 medium weight sets of 3)

Work out once a week, pick a day and a time and put it on your phone.

Every other week swap the Deep Knee Bends and Dead Lift for Deep Knee Bends (3 sets of 5) and Squats (3 medium weight sets of 3)

This is a light workout, but you are a skinny guy.

You could probably do more, but if you choose to do this regularly, it should add a foundation of strength and muscle to you--provided you eat correctly.

If you don't eat correctly, you won't see many gains.

This should make you plenty sore (coming from an untrained state), and soreness means muscle growth--if you eat correctly.

Keep a training log and add 2 lbs or so a week to each exercise.

You can try starting with the bare bar, and at (2 lbs) a week in 1 year you will have 100 lbs on the bar for each exercise.

Ideally you want to be able to just get to the last rep and have it be hard to do, but do-able.....so for some you might want to start with more than an empty bar--experiment....

But to learn the exercises....a bare bar will work... for the first time.