View Poll Results: DO YOU PLACE YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

16 23.53%
  • NO

18 26.47%
  • I ALREADY PLACED MY FAITH IN CHRIST AND HIS SACRIFICE FOR MY SINS

28 41.18%
  • OTHER

6 8.82%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BackwoodsGa View Post
    I stopped believing in fairy tales bout 50 year's ago.
    That means that you believe the Bible now.

ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottLefler has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    No one found Sodom and Gomorrah, some moron "archeologist" from a bible college in New Mexico found what he thinks may be Sodom and Gomorrah. A member of his team digs a hole...Hey Steve what do make of this? Steve says It looks like Sodom and Gomorrah to me. The BS about chariot wheels in the Red Sea was last brought up by the satirical news site World News Daily Report in 2014. The hoax had been circulating long before that. The lack of archeological evidence directly contradicts the bible. There is ZERO evidence found of any "exodus". Are you saying the Hubble Telescope confirms that the Sun orbits the Earth as the bible states? Just stop with your ridiculousness already. You have zero credibility and zero actual knowledge of any biblical historicity.
    Unfortunately for you, the Secular Scientists also agree that he found it. You lose. Game over.

thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ScottLefler View Post
    Unfortunately for you, the Secular Scientists also agree that he found it. You lose. Game over.
    You're a complete moron. Post a cite of any reputable scientist agreeing with any of the horsesh!t you claim. You can't because there are none. You're not even a good troll.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000)
    All I know is that I'm a better person for believing. Real or not, I can say I make better decisions and have greater values. If there isn't a heaven, then oh well, I still led a life I would be happy about. If there is a heaven, I'll feel the same.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by asbrewerpro View Post
    All I know is that I'm a better person for believing. Real or not, I can say I make better decisions and have greater values. If there isn't a heaven, then oh well, I still led a life I would be happy about. If there is a heaven, I'll feel the same.
    You don't need to believe in Santa Claus to make better decisions and have greater values and lead a good life. Find out what that space you call your mind is actually doing.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000)
    [QUOTE=supramax;1654658653]You don't need to believe in Santa Claus to make better decisions and have greater values and lead a good life. Find out what that space you call your mind is actually doing.[/QUOTE

That's like me telling you that you need to believe to make better decisions. You're right, I don't need to believe and when I didn't I was a horrible person, plain and simple. So I would say that yes, I need to believe if that's what keeps me going in the right positive direction. So while you're statement works for you, it doesn't for me. Doesn't mean neither are worthless or one is placed above the other.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    You don't need to believe in Santa Claus to make better decisions and have greater values and lead a good life. Find out what that space you call your mind is actually doing.
    That's like me telling you that you need to believe to make better decisions. You're right, I don't need to believe and when I didn't I was a horrible person, plain and simple. So I would say that yes, I need to believe if that's what keeps me going in the right positive direction. So while you're statement works for you, it doesn't for me. Doesn't mean neither are worthless or one is placed above the other.
    I was only pointing out a truth.

It's real. God has been very active in my life. He has directed me in some very dark times. He has spoken to me audibly and given direction at times. He opened up position on the Praise Band and I became Worship Leader. He opened up this ministry for me to give the Gospel to many. The Lord is real and He is true.

A good life won't get you to heaven because you are already a sinner. If you could be good and go to heaven, Jesus Christ wouldn't have had to die on the cross and rise from the dead for your sins. You MUST place your faith in Him and what He did on the cross to save you. Submit your life and will to Him in Faith.

[QUOTE=asbrewerpro;1654662623]
    You don't need to believe in Santa Claus to make better decisions and have greater values and lead a good life. Find out what that space you call your mind is actually doing.[/QUOTE

I research this stuff daily. Every time I look into this stuff, it points me more and more to the Bible being true, Jesus being who He says He is. Have true FAITH in God. If you have ANY questions, please ask me. I am here to help.

A good life won't get you to heaven because you are already a sinner. If you could be good and go to heaven, Jesus Christ wouldn't have had to die on the cross and rise from the dead for your sins. You MUST place your faith in Him and what He did on the cross to save you. Submit your life and will to Him in Faith.
    Your belief in a fairy tale is demonstrative of a profound lack of self awareness. There is no personal continuation, because the person is an illusion. What actually is is so much better than the nonsense you believe. Death is something new, not the continuation of the old.

thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's real. God has been very active in my life. He has directed me in some very dark times. He has spoken to me audibly and given direction at times. He opened up position on the Praise Band and I became Worship Leader. He opened up this ministry for me to give the Gospel to many. The Lord is real and He is true.
    Auditory hallucinations are the sensory perceptions of hearing noises without an external stimulus. This symptom is particularly associated with schizophrenia and related psychotic disorders.
    The Praise Band? LOL Your story sounds like the plot to Praise Band: The Movie.

Jesus didn't die on the cross for you to go to heaven. He died on the cross because he plssed off the Sanhedrin and the Romans killed him, and as was customary at the time threw his corpse into an unmarked mass grave so the scavengers could finish desecrating his body. That's the only reason he died.

[QUOTE=ScottLefler;1654693633]

I research this stuff daily. Every time I look into this stuff, it points me more and more to the Bible being true, Jesus being who He says He is. Have true FAITH in God. If you have ANY questions, please ask me. I am here to help.
    You don't do any research. You just read crap that supports your belief. Any actual research on the bible will only bring a person to see the fallacy/folly in it. Jesus never said he was god. Faith is simply belief despite the lack of evidence and worse yet in spite of evidence to the contrary.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

Your belief in a fairy tale is demonstrative of a profound lack of self awareness. There is no personal continuation, because the person is an illusion. What actually is is so much better than the nonsense you believe. Death is something new, not the continuation of the old.
    I see, so then what you are saying is that besides the fact that you believe God talking to me is an illusion, the events that correlated to what He said that happened all around me were all illusions too? I see. You are 10000% WRONG! God is real and Jesus Christ is Lord. Worship Him!

I see, so then what you are saying is that besides the fact that you believe God talking to me is an illusion, the events that correlated to what He said that happened all around me were all illusions too? I see. You are 10000% WRONG! God is real and Jesus Christ is Lord. Worship Him!
    It's obvious that the fairy tale I refer to is your 'personal continuity after the death of the body' belief.
    As for God saying what happened all around you, it's you saying what happened all around you.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wait is this paddington?
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Oh I’m in shape - I’m round

Built on a solid foundation of Ham and Milk

I see, so then what you are saying is that besides the fact that you believe God talking to me is an illusion
    Schizophrenia is not an illusion. It is 100% real! Seek professional help!

You don't have to be schizo to hear voices. Everything that's happening mentally, is what you are... we are that 'consciousness' and we think we think.

It's obvious that the fairy tale I refer to is your 'personal continuity after the death of the body' belief.
    As for God saying what happened all around you, it's you saying what happened all around you.
    Nope. Read the Bible.

You are the one who needs help. Cry out to Jesus Christ to save you before it's too late.

Nope. Read the Bible.
    Do you need to read a book to observe and understand what's happening in that space you call your mind? All the voices in your head are you. The content, everything that's happening in that space is that space. That's what consciousness is. That's what you are.

Do you need to read a book to observe and understand what's happening in that space you call your mind? All the voices in your head are you. The content, everything that's happening in that space is that space. That's what consciousness is. That's what you are.
    That's far too deep for someone who would rather not face reality and just quit and give it all to god. The only time I would ever let Jesus take the wheel is if he were my cab driver in Guadalajara.

That's far too deep for someone who would rather not face reality and just quit and give it all to god. The only time I would ever let Jesus take the wheel is if he were my cab driver in Guadalajara.
    I'm glad I didn't have a mouthfull of coffee when I read that last part.

In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Social distancing expert

Livin the Dream

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's hard to carve your name into his leather seats with both hands on the wheel though.
    San Antonio Spurs/Dallas Cowboys/Houston Astros/Georgia Tech/Baylor/UTA/Manchester United

I was thinking about what you said (bold) last night. I've never really thought about belief systems as anything other than conditioning, Catholics see Mary and Hindus see Krishna type stuff. You imply choice and I'm not sure there is any. Like to expand on it?

I still laugh when I read the cab driver sentence.

I was thinking about what you said (bold) last night. I've never really thought about belief systems as anything other than conditioning, Catholics see Mary and Hindus see Krishna type stuff. You imply choice and I'm not sure there is any. Like to expand on it?

I still laugh when I read the cab driver sentence.
    Life gets tough. We all have a flight or flight reflex. I often see religion, especially christianity, used as a flight reflex in my opinion. I've done everything I can do to solve my difficult situation, I'll just give it over to god to handle it. God will help, me god will protect me, god won't let harm come to me, that kind of b.s. I'll grant that praying over something can bring answers, although not through devine revelation. Praying over something can let your subconscious deal with the issue and possibly come up with a solution. Of course christians are going to say, yes this is one way god answers prayer...uh yeah, sure. People like that have a choice, to make difficult decisions or sacrifices, put on their big boy pants, get to work and fix the problem, or they can just throw their hands up, quit, and give the problem to god. Scottie said god spoke to him and guided him through some tough times. I've had tough times, I got myself through them. We all have. Scottie may have had some help, but ultimately he made it through tough times.
    There's an old story about a family living in low land near a river. Massive rains come and the river floods, the waters are rising at an alarming rate. The man gathers his family and stands in the bed of their pickup truck to avoid the water. A man in a row boats paddles by and tells them to hop in and he'll get them to safety. The man says no we're christians and the lord will protect us. The waters keep rising and the man and his family swim over to the garage and get on the roof. About that time a man in a speed boat comes up and says he's with the rescue team and to hop in. The man says no, we're christians and the lord will protect us. The water keeps rising and they family barely makes on to the top of their house. They were standing there for over an hour when a helicopter flies over head and lowers a rope ladder. The pilot yells for them to climb up in the helicopter. The man says no we're christians and the lord will protect us. Of course they drown. They go up into heaven and the man is irate. He storms up to god and demands to know why he and his family drowned to death, after all they were christians and put their faith in him. God stands there looking perplexed, scratches his head and says you drowned? I don't understand. I sent a rowboat, speed boat, and a helicopter for you...

Life gets tough. We all have a flight or flight reflex. I often see religion, especially christianity, used as a flight reflex in my opinion. I've done everything I can do to solve my difficult situation, I'll just give it over to god to handle it. God will help, me god will protect me, god won't let harm come to me, that kind of b.s. I'll grant that praying over something can bring answers, although not through devine revelation. Praying over something can let your subconscious deal with the issue and possibly come up with a solution. Of course christians are going to say, yes this is one way god answers prayer...uh yeah, sure. People like that have a choice, to make difficult decisions or sacrifices, put on their big boy pants, get to work and fix the problem, or they can just throw their hands up, quit, and give the problem to god. Scottie said god spoke to him and guided him through some tough times. I've had tough times, I got myself through them. We all have. Scottie may have had some help, but ultimately he made it through tough times.
    There's an old story about a family living in low land near a river. Massive rains come and the river floods, the waters are rising at an alarming rate. The man gathers his family and stands in the bed of their pickup truck to avoid the water. A man in a row boats paddles by and tells them to hop in and he'll get them to safety. The man says no we're christians and the lord will protect us. The waters keep rising and the man and his family swim over to the garage and get on the roof. About that time a man in a speed boat comes up and says he's with the rescue team and to hop in. The man says no, we're christians and the lord will protect us. The water keeps rising and they family barely makes on to the top of their house. They were standing there for over an hour when a helicopter flies over head and lowers a rope ladder. The pilot yells for them to climb up in the helicopter. The man says no we're christians and the lord will protect us. Of course they drown. They go up into heaven and the man is irate. He storms up to god and demands to know why he and his family drowned to death, after all they were christians and put their faith in him. God stands there looking perplexed, scratches his head and says you drowned? I don't understand. I sent a rowboat, speed boat, and a helicopter for you...
    Made me laugh. I heard the story before, but I didn't remember until after the punchline.

I think choice is conditioned and just happens.

EDIT: ... and is the result of confusion.
    Last edited by supramax; 01-31-2022 at 04:06 PM.

That's not how Christians think. We believe in trusting in the Lord, but we also believe in taking precautions and using the brains that God gave us.

That's not how Christians think. We believe in trusting in the Lord, but we also believe in taking precautions and using the brains that God gave us.
    Now Scottie, is that really what you think, or is that just the voices in your head talking?

Now Scottie, is that really what you think, or is that just the voices in your head talking?
    We are the many voices of desire.