View Poll Results: DO YOU PLACE YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    27 22.69%
  • NO

    40 33.61%
  • I ALREADY PLACED MY FAITH IN CHRIST AND HIS SACRIFICE FOR MY SINS

    40 33.61%
  • OTHER

    12 10.08%
Reply
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108
Results 3,211 to 3,228 of 3228
  1. #3211
    Registered User thedickus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 2,902
    Rep Power: 16487
    thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thedickus is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    I never said he or other scholars were wrong. I’m saying you just don’t understand it in context and that’s why I had the whole explanation after it. I literally said there was other gods at the time, they were man made gods. This is why in Genesis 35, after plundering the people who raped his daughter, Jacob takes the “foreign gods” and other items they looted from them and buries them under a tree. Unless you think he is actually burying gods, he is burying the idols of these created gods he took. From your argument clearly you didn’t read anything because you would see I don’t overall disagree. But then again I’m not surprised. I’ve shown facts and you just keep restating an opinion.
    I understand it perfectly. Whoever wrote about their made up god Yahweh didn't want their people worshipping the other made up gods. It has zero to do with idols and everything to do with henotheism. This statement of yours proves you just don't get it "I literally said there was other gods at the time, they were man made gods." They're all man made gods Grouchy, including yours. Whoever wrote Genesis, and there were several people involved in that, is acknowledging that there are other gods (man made just like theirs), they just don't want their readers or believers to worship those other man made gods. They only want people to worship their man made god.
    You're so desperate to try and win an argument with me, any argument you don't care how stupid you make yourself look. You're saying Dickus, yes you're correct there were other gods and yes the Israelites followed them but Dickus you're wrong when you point that out because those other gods were just idols. My god is real, look at this pretty statue of Jesus, see my god is real, he's not an idol. Do you even have a clue how stupid you sound?

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Nope. You can’t change the meanings of words to fit your agenda. If your neighbor has a child come earlier than expected, you don’t call it a miscarriage. You don’t urinate and call it an ejaculation. It’s not the same at all. I’ve shown facts, you just keep restating your opinion.
    Grouchy what do I have to say to get you to understand that I mean the verse has nothing to do with a miscarriage or premature birth. It has to do with whether or not the wife dies as a result of the fight. The wife could be holding a baby goat for all that matters and not be pregnant. If a fight were to break out and the wife were injured and dies that's what the verse is about. The value whoever made up the actual verse placed on the wife's life. If the wife dropped the baby goat and it died there would be a fine for damaging property. But if the wife died then the man who injured her would be put to death. Or possibly that man would have to give the husband a wife to replace the one that died. That's the only thing jewish scholars debated was what was meant by life for life in the even that the wife died. Whether an actual physical life (new wife) would need to be given to the husband to replace the wife he lost or whether the man should be put to death for killing the wife. The baby goat was just property, like a potentially unborn fetus, nothing more than property and subject to a fine if damaged. You haven't shown a single fact about that verse. You simply don't understand it. Grouchy, now repeat after me...we're not talking about the fetus, we're talking about the wife. When I mention this passage as it pertains to being pro-choice or pro-life it has nothing to do with actual abortion. It has to do with the lie perpetrated by christians that god values all life, born and unborn. This verse is used to show that god doesn't place the same value on the unborn fetus (alive or dead) as he does upon the wife, it has nothing to do with actual abortion. Here's another example of where you're so desperate to win an argument against me that you use the answer for one question and try to apply it to another question where it's not even relevant. You're just a typical idiot apologist who thinks they hear the word abortion and that's all they can fixate on. You wasted several days trying to prove a verse that has nothing to do with abortion wasn't about abortion. Well done Marine, well done.

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    You claim earlier to have read it. Then you said you really don’t want to read it too. Now you’re claiming you skimmed it. You can’t keep your story straight. Is there any wonder why we doubt your other claims of actually reading and researching, especially when you keep relying on one source only and earlier weren’t even aware of his change of opinion on some things since you were going off of outdated information?
    As I said, I've read parts of the quran and have no desire to go read it. What are you even talking about one source? Are you back to harping on Ehrman? I've read many others, Schweitzer, Dawkins, Price, Carrier, et al. What do you mean about changing his option on some things? Please don't tell me you still are droning on about Ehrman at some point saying he didn't think that whoever wrote the gospels didn't think that Jesus thought he was god/divine. I never read Ehrman's works prior to him thinking that or not thinking that. But as usual it's irrelevant to the actual argument because you're so desperate to try to win an argument against me that you keep misrepresenting an answer to one question as the answer to another question. I NEVER said that Ehrman didn't think that whoever wrote the gospels thought that Jesus was god/divine. I said that the historical Jesus never said or thought that he was god/divine. Again, this is known in scholarship. Of course not evangelical scholarship, those idiots teach that the bible is the inerrant word of god. What that leaves us with are people like you. Incapable of effectively arguing your point and having to misrepresent facts. Just as I have proven you've done about what Ehrman thinks about the historical Jesus. You don't even seem to understand that scholars have a different view on the historical Jesus as opposed to what the people who wrote the gospels tried to convey. You should actually try reading something for a change.

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Okay, boomer. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy at night. Clearly your ego won’t let you accept anything else because you have nothing else. If this is really that important to you to be right even when everything points to being wrong, then until you overcome this invincible ignorance fallacy there’s no point in proving anything to you because you will never bother to or be capable of understanding it. One of the obvious signs of a pseudo intellectual.
    Again with the boomer reference, as I've stated before I'm not even a boomer. I'm Gen-X. Do you think it would have been insulting in some way to have been born between 1946 and 1964? I don't understand how you think that's relevant to anything.
    I've shown you to be wrong about everything you so desperately need to believe. I've already overcome your ignorance and fallacies and shown you the correct information. If you weren't so afraid of facts, you'd be capable of understanding the truth about the bible and your god(s) I've shown you and proven. It looks though you're just like BlackJack and Scotty, desperate pathetic little men needing their fairytales to be true for some reason. I can't even call you a pseudo intellectual, you'd need to get smarter for that.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

    Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

    My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

    My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181
    Reply With Quote

  2. #3212
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,728
    Rep Power: 38705
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I understand it perfectly. Whoever wrote about their made up god Yahweh didn't want their people worshipping the other made up gods. It has zero to do with idols and everything to do with henotheism. This statement of yours proves you just don't get it "I literally said there was other gods at the time, they were man made gods." They're all man made gods Grouchy, including yours. Whoever wrote Genesis, and there were several people involved in that, is acknowledging that there are other gods (man made just like theirs), they just don't want their readers or believers to worship those other man made gods. They only want people to worship their man made god. You're so desperate to try and win an argument with me, any argument you don't care how stupid you make yourself look. You're saying Dickus, yes you're correct there were other gods and yes the Israelites followed them but Dickus you're wrong when you point that out because those other gods were just idols. My god is real, look at this pretty statue of Jesus, see my god is real, he's not an idol. Do you even have a clue how stupid you sound?
    So if the people who wrote Genesis didn't want other people to worship gods, why (in your mind) would they mention other gods in Genesis during the creation of man? Isn't that defeating the purpose of showing there is only one God by mentioning other gods? Do you see why your theory (which you still have not shown any credible scholar supports) doesn't make sense? Most credible scholars agree it's to show His majesty and power, yet you can't seem to comprehend that simple fact.

    Grouchy what do I have to say to get you to understand that I mean the verse has nothing to do with a miscarriage or premature birth. It has to do with whether or not the wife dies as a result of the fight. The wife could be holding a baby goat for all that matters and not be pregnant. If a fight were to break out and the wife were injured and dies that's what the verse is about.
    Again, your opinion but the facts don't match it. The same word for "come forth" here is in Genesis when Esau is born. It says "if any harm" - the death of a child counts as harm. The law is very similar to the Code of Hammurabi which discusses that if a rich man's daughter dies due to birth complications from getting hit, the man who assaulted her has his daughter die in turn. But, in the same law, the death of a common woman or slave woman is just a fine. Was the common woman or slave woman not a human being? No, just a lower legal status. This actually applies the same law across the spectrum of all people - rich, common, or slave.

    This is literally in what I have posted before, but you refuse to look at anything you don't agree with. Likely because you're scared you won't understand it. But the more you argue, the less you show you actually know because you can only keep arguing on what has already been proven wrong.

    As I said, I've read parts of the quran and have no desire to go read it.
    So was this a lie? Because quite clearly those two claims aren't matching up.



    What do you mean about changing his option on some things? Please don't tell me you still are droning on about Ehrman at some point saying he didn't think that whoever wrote the gospels didn't think that Jesus thought he was god/divine. I never read Ehrman's works prior to him thinking that or not thinking that.
    No wonder why you don't understand, that's completely incorrect from anything I said. Ehrman said the Gospels show the authors though Jesus was divine. He originally just thought it was John, but now he agrees it's all four. And this was AFTER Ehrman's most popular books. It's no wonder why you can't understand anything if you can't even get a simple argument right.


    What that leaves us with are people like you. Incapable of effectively arguing your point and having to misrepresent facts.
    I support everything I said with facts and the supporting links. You just keep saying the same thing even though the facts and links show you you're off base. If you're too stupid and/or lazy to review them, that's on you.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3213
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,728
    Rep Power: 38705
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Reply With Quote

  4. #3214
    Registered User thedickus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 2,902
    Rep Power: 16487
    thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thedickus is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    So if the people who wrote Genesis didn't want other people to worship gods, why (in your mind) would they mention other gods in Genesis during the creation of man? Isn't that defeating the purpose of showing there is only one God by mentioning other gods? Do you see why your theory (which you still have not shown any credible scholar supports) doesn't make sense? Most credible scholars agree it's to show His majesty and power, yet you can't seem to comprehend that simple fact.
    The people who wrote the creation story in Genesis were acknowledging the existence of other gods. The people who wrote the original sin narrative were also acknowledging other gods. I have mentioned at least three scholars who agree that early Israelites were henotheist and believed there were other gods that existed but they had the most powerful one. The people who wrote the ten commandments also acknowledged that there were other gods in existence, not idols, but gods. They only wanted their people to worship their god. Again, I've mentioned scholars. But by all means, continue to believe that the bible is the inerrant word of god and cite people, who stupidly like you, believe that snakes and donkeys can talk.

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Again, your opinion but the facts don't match it. The same word for "come forth" here is in Genesis when Esau is born. It says "if any harm" - the death of a child counts as harm. The law is very similar to the Code of Hammurabi which discusses that if a rich man's daughter dies due to birth complications from getting hit, the man who assaulted her has his daughter die in turn. But, in the same law, the death of a common woman or slave woman is just a fine. Was the common woman or slave woman not a human being? No, just a lower legal status. This actually applies the same law across the spectrum of all people - rich, common, or slave.

    This is literally in what I have posted before, but you refuse to look at anything you don't agree with. Likely because you're scared you won't understand it. But the more you argue, the less you show you actually know because you can only keep arguing on what has already been proven wrong.
    Not my opinion, but the actual facts. You just can't stop saying that the verse in Exodus I mention has to do with either abortion or a miscarriage. It has to do with the death of the mother, not the unborn fetus. It has to do with whoever made up your god only placing a monetary value on an unborn fetus, just like a goat or lamb, and placing a life for life value on the actual wife. You yet again make my point when you're trying to argue against it Grouchy. Do you even understand what you're actually saying? The example you give says if the rich man's daughter dies due to birth complications from getting hit the man who assaulted her has his daughter die in turn. It says NOTHING about the fetus. The people who invented your god and made up your god's rules didn't care about the fetus, only the birth mother. They didn't place the same value on the unborn fetus as they do on the birth mother. You can continue your whataboutisms and try to read into what the words say, but it's not what the words say. The words, and you are supporting me. I mean can you be any more dense than you are? Again you so desperately want to win ANY argument against me you'll try to change the answer to support a totally different scenario. It's just pathetic.

    Did you finally give up trying to say that Ehrman and other scholars didn't think that the historical Jesus said or thought that he was god? It seems like you actually realize that you got your @$$ handed to you in that argument and you've doubled down on your other buII$hlt non-arguments. Tell us again how the snakes and donkeys can talk. Tell us again how the kangaroos hopped across from Australia to Africa. Better yet tell us how the kangaroos were actually some other rodent and evolved over just a couple of thousand years into kangaroos. That was equally a buII$hlt nonsensical argument. Again, you so desperately NEED to believe that your bible is true you'll concoct all kinds of fantasies to make it seem that way to you. Luckily for you there are enough other complete losers out there like yourself that also need to believe this same line of buII$hlt you feel this justifies it to yourself. Drink that koolaid Grouchy. Say hi to god for me, actually if you're right and your god is real if you meet him before me tell him Dickus said to go fukk himself. He's an @$$h0Ie and a murderer.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

    Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

    My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

    My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181
    Reply With Quote

  5. #3215
    Registered User BlackJack619's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: United States
    Posts: 12,343
    Rep Power: 96948
    BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    BlackJack619 is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Okay, boomer. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy at night. Clearly your ego won’t let you accept anything else because you have nothing else. If this is really that important to you to be right even when everything points to being wrong, then until you overcome this invincible ignorance fallacy there’s no point in proving anything to you because you will never bother to or be capable of understanding it. One of the obvious signs of a pseudo intellectual.
    You are right because he has stated a few dozen times in this thread that he doesn’t want God to be real. Clearly admitting his argument is emotional and bias in nature.
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #3216
    Registered User thedickus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 2,902
    Rep Power: 16487
    thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thedickus is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Good old Grouchy, he won't let the fact that he doesn't have a fukking clue what he's talking about stop him from talking about it.

    The bible only says that a couple of the actual 12 disciples died. Non canonical books talk about what may have happened to some of them. They sound just as trustworthy as the bible. Take the Acts of Paul, it talks about how Paul (who wasn't a disciple) was martyred by beheading and instead of blood coming out, milk came out of his neck and that he appeared after he was beheaded. I'm sure anyone who believes that snakes and donkeys can talk believes this as well.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

    Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

    My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

    My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181
    Reply With Quote

  7. #3217
    Registered User thedickus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 2,902
    Rep Power: 16487
    thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thedickus is offline
    Originally Posted by BlackJack619 View Post
    You are right because he has stated a few dozen times in this thread that he doesn’t want God to be real. Clearly admitting his argument is emotional and bias in nature.
    Again you lying sack of $hlt, I've stated numerous times that if there is a god, I hope it's not your god. That's because your god is an @$$h0Ie.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

    Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

    My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

    My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181
    Reply With Quote

  8. #3218
    Registered User BlackJack619's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: United States
    Posts: 12,343
    Rep Power: 96948
    BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BlackJack619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    BlackJack619 is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I have no idols. You really can't be more wrong about pretty much everything. Atheists have no gods. That's the definition of an atheist. You and your nonstop lies doesn't change that.
    So your idol is the definition of atheism.

    We could turn the definition of atheism into a golden statue and you would worship that as your lord and savior.

    You are everything your idol says you are, and nothing more.
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #3219
    Registered User ScottLefler's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Age: 53
    Posts: 851
    Rep Power: 1762
    ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000)
    ScottLefler is offline
    Originally Posted by BlackJack619 View Post
    So your idol is the definition of atheism.

    We could turn the definition of atheism into a golden statue and you would worship that as your lord and savior.

    You are everything your idol says you are, and nothing more.
    Notice how he actually does believe in God, but he doesn't like God because he doesn't understand Him or has had bad things happen to him and blames God for the actions of others. Evolution is a faith based religion of the Atheists, not backed by Scientific Evidence.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #3220
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,728
    Rep Power: 38705
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    The people who wrote the creation story in Genesis were acknowledging the existence of other gods. The people who wrote the original sin narrative were also acknowledging other gods. I have mentioned at least three scholars who agree that early Israelites were henotheist and believed there were other gods that existed but they had the most powerful one. The people who wrote the ten commandments also acknowledged that there were other gods in existence, not idols, but gods. They only wanted their people to worship their god. Again, I've mentioned scholars. But by all means, continue to believe that the bible is the inerrant word of god and cite people, who stupidly like you, believe that snakes and donkeys can talk.
    Pardon my French, but are you really this stupid or are you just trolling? Did you miss the whole “Israel” polytheism/henotheism/monotheism discussion before? Or do you just not have a clue what it means? You keep using other books in the Bible to claim God is talking to other gods when He creates man. You’re wrong. It’s a stupid theory. Literally no scholar believes that other gods were hanging out with Him when He made man. That was my whole argument from the beginning. You’re off on a completely different subject.

    Not my opinion, but the actual facts. You just can't stop saying that the verse in Exodus I mention has to do with either abortion or a miscarriage. It has to do with the death of the mother, not the unborn fetus. It has to do with whoever made up your god only placing a monetary value on an unborn fetus, just like a goat or lamb, and placing a life for life value on the actual wife. You yet again make my point when you're trying to argue against it Grouchy. Do you even understand what you're actually saying? The example you give says if the rich man's daughter dies due to birth complications from getting hit the man who assaulted her has his daughter die in turn. It says NOTHING about the fetus. The people who invented your god and made up your god's rules didn't care about the fetus, only the birth mother. They didn't place the same value on the unborn fetus as they do on the birth mother. You can continue your whataboutisms and try to read into what the words say, but it's not what the words say. The words, and you are supporting me. I mean can you be any more dense than you are? Again you so desperately want to win ANY argument against me you'll try to change the answer to support a totally different scenario. It's just pathetic.
    Did you even bother to read anything I wrote before you started replying? Because you’re not addressing anything I said. For a guy who claims he knows all the history and only cares about the history, you never knew the Code of Hammurabi closely mimicked many Biblical laws and was likely the basis for them? Maybe you really don’t know as much as you claim to.

    Did you finally give up trying to say that Ehrman and other scholars didn't think that the historical Jesus said or thought that he was god? It seems like you actually realize that you got your @$$ handed to you in that argument and you've doubled down on your other buII$hlt non-arguments.
    I love that you think this, it’s cute. What I said from the beginning is Ehrman changed his opinion from stating just John presented Jesus as divine to now claiming all four Gospels do. That’s it. My opinion hasn’t changed on it because that’s the fact. You’re an old man yelling at clouds because you aren’t bright enough to understand what I’m saying.

    Tell us again how the kangaroos hopped across from Australia to Africa. Better yet tell us how the kangaroos were actually some other rodent and evolved over just a couple of thousand years into kangaroos. That was equally a buII$hlt nonsensical argument. Again, you so desperately NEED to believe that your bible is true you'll concoct all kinds of fantasies to make it seem that way to you.
    I’m not going to tell you about evolution and Pangea because you’re going to go off the rails and never understand anyways. I recommend Google.

    You’ll be too busy begging for forgiveness to tell him any insults, and unfortunately for those who turn their backs on Him His judgment is fair but eternal. You will be wishing you actually read the Bible in its entirety on that day.
    Last edited by GrouchyUSMC; 09-19-2023 at 10:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #3221
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,728
    Rep Power: 38705
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    The bible only says that a couple of the actual 12 disciples died.
    Brilliant insight. You are clearly Mensa material.

    I would think all of them would have probably died by now. Unless you think they are still living.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #3222
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,728
    Rep Power: 38705
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Reply With Quote

  13. #3223
    Registered User thedickus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 2,902
    Rep Power: 16487
    thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thedickus is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Pardon my French, but are you really this stupid or are you just trolling? Did you miss the whole “Israel” polytheism/henotheism/monotheism discussion before? Or do you just not have a clue what it means? You keep using other books in the Bible to claim God is talking to other gods when He creates man. You’re wrong. It’s a stupid theory. Literally no scholar believes that other gods were hanging out with Him when He made man. That was my whole argument from the beginning. You’re off on a completely different subject.
    Absolutely false. Scholars say that Yahweh is talking to members of the divine council. Dr Jon Levenson a professor of jewish studies at Harvard University agrees. As well as other biblical scholars, notably Marc Brettler, Michael Coogan and John Day all agree that in Genesis 1 where god says that we will make man in our image that god is talking to the divine council.

    As Harvard’s Jon Levenson states: “It is true—and quite significant–that the God of Israel has no myth of origin. Not a trace of theogony can be found in the Hebrew bible. God has no nativity. But there do seem to be other divine beings in Genesis 1, to whom God proposes the creation of humanity, male and female together: “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness” (v. 26). When were these other divine beings created? They too seem to have been primordial."

    Read a book Grouchy, FFS read something.

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Did you even bother to read anything I wrote before you started replying? Because you’re not addressing anything I said. For a guy who claims he knows all the history and only cares about the history, you never knew the Code of Hammurabi closely mimicked many Biblical laws and was likely the basis for them?
    WTF Grouchy? I repeat back what your wrote and you claim I'm not reading what you write? Yes, I read it and what you cited agreed with me. That even in the Code of Hammurabi that no mention was made of the fetus if the pregnant woman was killed. Again you agree with me, not the fetus, only the woman's death involves a life for life punishment. I'm aware of the Code of Hammurabi, I've read some of Dr Josh Bowen's work. You got that backwards Grouchy, the Code of Hammurabi predates the bible, the biblical laws mimicked the Code of Hammurabi. But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument, you haven't so far. Why start now?

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    I love that you think this, it’s cute. What I said from the beginning is Ehrman changed his opinion from stating just John presented Jesus as divine to now claiming all four Gospels do. That’s it. My opinion hasn’t changed on it because that’s the fact. You’re an old man yelling at clouds because you aren’t bright enough to understand what I’m saying.
    That's your problem. I'm bright enough to see through your buII$hlt tactics. You tried to refute that I said even Ehrman thought that the historical Jesus never said he was god/divine with what Ehrman thought about what the writers of the gospels thought Jesus said about his divinity. I keep making your look like a complete fool when you try to use this deceitful tactic and yet you just keep doubling down on it. Do you actually understand that scholars believe there's a huge difference between what the writers of the gospels thought of Jesus and what the historical Jesus was like? I honestly don't think you do. When I mentioned this before I seem to recall you asking something stupid like well where did they get that information? It's not in the bible. Again if you want to know about the historical Jesus ask a historian.
    Repeat after me Grouchy, Dickus never once said that Ehrman thought that the writers of the gospels thought that Jesus never thought that he was god/divine. Dickus said that Ehrman thinks that the historical Jesus never thought or said that he was god/divine. HUGE difference.

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    I’m not going to tell you about evolution and Pangea because you’re going to go off the rails and never understand anyways. I recommend Google.
    I'm aware of Pangea. The breakup of Pangea was thought to be close to 200 million years ago. The great flood story and Noah's ark was around 4000 years ago. Tell us all again how a kangaroo hopped from Australia to Africa to get on the boat.

    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    You’ll be too busy begging for forgiveness to tell him any insults, and unfortunately for those who turn their backs on Him His judgment is fair but eternal. You will be wishing you actually read the Bible in its entirety on that day.
    OOH, I'm soo scared. Talk about a Mensa member, hat's not even what Jesus taught. He didn't teach anything about eternal punishment or torment. Just that god's enemies would be destroyed, not tormented for eternity. Jews thought that "hell" wasn't a place, just that it meant not to have god. I say bring it on! No one has seen or heard from that megalomaniacal murderous fukker like...in ever. We've proven we don't need him.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

    Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

    My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

    My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181
    Reply With Quote

  14. #3224
    Registered User thedickus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Illinois, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 2,902
    Rep Power: 16487
    thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedickus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thedickus is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Brilliant insight. You are clearly Mensa material.

    I would think all of them would have probably died by now. Unless you think they are still living.
    If any of them were real then yes they would all be dead right now. You posted a meme about the 12 disciples lying about the resurrection of Jesus so they could be martyred. This is a common misconception among apologists. That the 12 disciples all being martyred proves that Jesus had to have risen from the grave. His disciples wouldn't have allowed themselves to have have been martyred for him unless the resurrection actually happened. The bible only mentions one of them having been martyred, James was killed with a sword. Most likely beheaded. But again, don't let facts get in the way of your argument, no need starting now.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

    Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

    My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

    My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181
    Reply With Quote

  15. #3225
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,728
    Rep Power: 38705
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    Absolutely false. Scholars say that Yahweh is talking to members of the divine council. Dr Jon Levenson a professor of jewish studies at Harvard University agrees. As well as other biblical scholars, notably Marc Brettler, Michael Coogan and John Day all agree that in Genesis 1 where god says that we will make man in our image that god is talking to the divine council.

    As Harvard’s Jon Levenson states: “It is true—and quite significant–that the God of Israel has no myth of origin. Not a trace of theogony can be found in the Hebrew bible. God has no nativity. But there do seem to be other divine beings in Genesis 1, to whom God proposes the creation of humanity, male and female together: “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness” (v. 26). When were these other divine beings created? They too seem to have been primordial."

    Read a book Grouchy, FFS read something.
    Which book are you reading? You literally just posted a copy and paste from this website. Quoting what is a Mormon belief on a Mormon blog.

    For those following along, this is what the blog says. Literally exactly what he wrote and typed.

    As biblical scholars such as Marc Brettler, Michael Coogan, and John Day have persuasively argued, this is yet another reference to the divine council in the Hebrew Bible. As Harvard’s Jon Levenson states:

    “It is true—and quite significant–that the God of Israel has no myth of origin. Not a trace of theogony can be found in the Hebrew bible. God has no nativity. But there do seem to be other divine beings in Genesis 1, to whom God proposes the creation of humanity, male and female together: “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness” (v. 26). When were these other divine beings created? They too seem to have been primordial. ..


    That's absolutely hilarious. You just proved you haven't read a book, just copied and pasted info from a blog, then told me to "read a book." You don't even know which of Levenson's books that came from. Because if you actually did read his book, you would realize he's not advocating the existence of other gods. Both Brettler and Day refer to them as "sons of God" and as heavenly advisors, not gods. Coogan is talking about the existence of Satan. You literally went for the first thing you could find on Google that supported your opinion but you're not smart enough to actually research it to make sure it matches the subject. The only people that believe this divine council is made up of gods is the Mormons, because they believe they can become gods and goddesses themselves.

    You make it too easy. I wonder how many other posts of yours are just straight up copy and pastes of other peoples' works without giving them any credit to make it sound like you know what you're talking about. You must have "read" that book like you "read" the Qu'ran and Bible.

    WTF Grouchy? I repeat back what your wrote and you claim I'm not reading what you write? Yes, I read it and what you cited agreed with me. That even in the Code of Hammurabi that no mention was made of the fetus if the pregnant woman was killed.
    The punishment for the death of a pregnant noble woman was death. There is only a fine incurred if a pregnant woman who is common or a slave dies. So there is literally a life that dies and only a fine is incurred. So it seems neither of our theories may be correct.

    I'm aware of the Code of Hammurabi, I've read some of Dr Josh Bowen's work. You got that backwards Grouchy, the Code of Hammurabi predates the bible, the biblical laws mimicked the Code of Hammurabi. But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument, you haven't so far. Why start now?
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, is it? ..you never knew the Code of Hammurabi closely mimicked many Biblical laws and was likely the basis for them? You may want to brush up on what is a subject noun. Especially as after I explain what I'm talking about.

    That's your problem. I'm bright enough to see through your buII$hlt tactics. You tried to refute that I said even Ehrman thought that the historical Jesus never said he was god/divine with what Ehrman thought about what the writers of the gospels thought Jesus said about his divinity. I keep making your look like a complete fool when you try to use this deceitful tactic and yet you just keep doubling down on it. Do you actually understand that scholars believe there's a huge difference between what the writers of the gospels thought of Jesus and what the historical Jesus was like? I honestly don't think you do. When I mentioned this before I seem to recall you asking something stupid like well where did they get that information? It's not in the bible. Again if you want to know about the historical Jesus ask a historian.
    Repeat after me Grouchy, Dickus never once said that Ehrman thought that the writers of the gospels thought that Jesus never thought that he was god/divine. Dickus said that Ehrman thinks that the historical Jesus never thought or said that he was god/divine. HUGE difference.
    You claimed only the author of John thought Jesus was divine, not the other three Gospels HERE. My whole argument was showing Ehrman originally thought that but changed his views, which is likely what you were going off of.

    So again, you're lying. You literally did say this. Posting it here in case you try to go back and edit it. thedickus - "I've read the book of John is known as the asynoptic (big word, that means it ain't like the others) gospel. It was the last written gospel, most likely some 90 - 100 years after the death of Jesus. It's the only one that paints Jesus as "divine"."

    I showed you you were wrong (again) by using your own source. You likely didn't know because you never read the books, you just apparently copy and paste from other websites. That was literally the extent of my argument but your two IQ points somehow thinks that makes me claim Ehrman called Jesus divine.
    Last edited by GrouchyUSMC; Yesterday at 06:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #3226
    Registered User ScottLefler's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2021
    Age: 53
    Posts: 851
    Rep Power: 1762
    ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000) ScottLefler is just really nice. (+1000)
    ScottLefler is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post



    OOH, I'm soo scared. Talk about a Mensa member, hat's not even what Jesus taught. He didn't teach anything about eternal punishment or torment. Just that god's enemies would be destroyed, not tormented for eternity. Jews thought that "hell" wasn't a place, just that it meant not to have god. I say bring it on! No one has seen or heard from that megalomaniacal murderous fukker like...in ever. We've proven we don't need him.
    There are some religions out there who teach that there is no such thing as Hell. Some teach that hell is the only the grave. Some teach that hell is a place where souls are burned up in an instant. But that is not what the bible teaches. Today, I am going to demonstrate though the word of God that hell is a literal place of torment.

    Where is hell?

    Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

    2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

    Hell is down. Most bible scholars believe that it is in the center of the earth.

    Mt 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

    Jesus's body remained on the earth, but His Spirit went to the heart of the earth, or center. Where is the heart of something located? In the center.
    What is Hell?

    1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

    Hell is a prison.
    It is a prison for those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. Hell is no laughing matter. There is no party in hell.

    Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. {strange: Gr. other}

    Lu 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

    First of all notice that this man was not happy. It says that he was tormented in this FLAME. Hell is fire. It is an eternal flame that never goes out.

    Mr 9:3 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

    It says where their worm dieth not and the FIRE is NOT quenched. Hell is eternal torment by fire.
    Hell is outer darkness. There is no light there. It is pitch black, forever.

    Mt 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Mt 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Lu 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
    28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

    Who goes to hell, and what is after hell?

    Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

    One day after everyone has been judged, hell and death will be cast into the lake of fire.

    Re 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

    The devil is going to be cast into the lake of fire. Notice that it is a place of torment and that torment never ends.

    Re 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

    Those who reject Jesus Christ and accept the mark of the beast are going to the lake of fire.

    Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
    Those who reject Jesus Christ won't be found written in the book of life. They also will be cast into the lake of fire.

    There is only one way out. That way is Jesus Christ.
    Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    Who is God willing to save from hell and the lake of fire?

    Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

    How do we do this?

    Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    Ro 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

    The bible says that whosoever believeth on Him shall NOT be ashamed. Are you willing to accept Jesus Christ today to be your Savior?

    12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
    13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

    God is willing to save ANYONE no matter what you have done, if you will simply call upon upon Jesus Christ to save you. Will you do that today?

    If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, you could place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation by praying a simple prayer:

    ”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I repent of my sins and turn to You, placing my Faith in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

    If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #3227
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 1,728
    Rep Power: 38705
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    If any of them were real then yes they would all be dead right now. You posted a meme about the 12 disciples lying about the resurrection of Jesus so they could be martyred. This is a common misconception among apologists. That the 12 disciples all being martyred proves that Jesus had to have risen from the grave. His disciples wouldn't have allowed themselves to have have been martyred for him unless the resurrection actually happened. The bible only mentions one of them having been martyred, James was killed with a sword. Most likely beheaded. But again, don't let facts get in the way of your argument, no need starting now.
    I just think it's hilarious you're so flustered you tried to claim only a couple actually died. Now apparently you did some research and learned only James is documented in the Bible as being a martyr. There are historical documents that point to several others, some unconfirmed, but it's going to be a waste on you. I can tell.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #3228
    In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 16,562
    Rep Power: 341494
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    mtpockets is offline
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

    Social distancing expert

    Livin the Dream

    Retired at 40 Crew

    Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

    I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

    ****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts