Registered User userWAJMJZFGSAX's Avatar
    userWAJMJZFGSAX is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need some help with digestive issues.

Need some help with digestive problems.

Had this problem now for over a year and it is very depressing. Originally I had Helicobacter pylori which was treated with two courses of antibiotics. After the first didn't work I and after a false negative I saw a gastro docter.

He performed and endoscopy and colonoscopy and took a biopsy. That came back positive for the bacteria mentioned above then was able to treat the bacteria with more antibiotics. Other than that their was no problems other than gastritis which was mild which I appear to now get a lot.

The problem I had before all that and still do which has become progressively worse is that for a reason I am not sure of a multitude of things are causing sever stomach issues. Mostly its pain ranging wildly and a near complete stoppage of my digestive system.

As of right now I can not drink caffeine, alcohol, smoke, consumer Panadol or anything with codeine in it. Occasionally even the medication I take for depression can even aggravate it. Other things that will trigger both pain and digestive stoppage are canned foods and exercise or virtually any physical stress. Today if I do anything other than light walking or consume any of the foods mentioned it can trigger the condition.

I have taken long breaks from doing any of the above but I still get the issues. Virtually any weight lifting is a guarantee of it occurring as well as the consumption of the items listed above.

When the problem is triggered aside from the pain as I mentioned my digestive system simply shuts down. I have gained wild amounts of weight on very very small calories. I weigh and measure everything religiously so when I say 1000 calories on a given day and the weight gain occurs it is truly that amount. Today with the reoccurrence for example I gained 1 pound or half a kilogram. Whilst consuming only 900 calories yesterday. What's interesting with this is that it appears I can consume perhaps close to my daily metabolic rate however only if the food volume is very small. I.e eating nothing but protein bars to reach 1300-1400 calories. This is very different to constipation which I have suffered from as in the case of constipation it appears that the food is at least digested some what but is then not processed and further. What happens to me is that I eat and go to bed and I will weigh exactly what I weighed 10-11 hours ago as if no time has passed what so ever.

I have no issues with gluten or celiac disease as it has been tested for. Thing that have helped are:
    *Gluten free diet
    Gluten free diet
    A meat based diet ( I am mostly vegetarian)
    Being active for a maximum of 8 hours a day. By that I do not mean exercising for that long but performing the equivalent of a 9-5 factory hand type job.
    Avoiding Booze, Caffeine, Smoking, Spicy foods, Panadol or codeine
    Not consuming processed foods.
    No canned food
    Limiting sugar
    Consuming probiotics, fish oil and vitamin D.
    Metamucil, Buscopan, Quick eze and mylanta can occasionally help.
    Where I am at today is that I can do all that and still get the issues. I have gone without any supplement for over a month but it appears not to matter. The reason I haven't returned to the doctor is that he says my gut is perfectly healthy. I do wonder what would happen if I were to purposly do the things mentioned above and then have an endoscopy but their is a lot you can not consumer before the procedure. And when I did get it done it appeared that gastritis which showed up in the results was whats causing the problems. I exercised before the procedure in the hope of turning up some results. Has I done more I.e drink caffeine, booze take panadol and eat canned foods I think then that it would be severe gastritis as opossed to the more mild variety.

Sorry for the length it is very complex or at least it is to me. It is all very depressing to me and ANY help what so ever I would be super gratefull for.

Thank You very much in advance

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well firstly, your estimations on calorie intake do not make sense because digestive issues like this would cause issues with absorption, which would cause weight LOSS, not gain

Second, your issues began after the initial infection and antibiotics

To me, it sounds like a micro biome issue

I would consider being tested for SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth)

What can happen after antibiotic treatment if you don’t replenish a healthy flora population is that the balance of bacterial species can become out of balance and your ability to digest certain foods is diminished, causing under-digested food to enter the colon and cause pain, bloating, etc…
    Last edited by AdamWW; 08-08-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Without even reading much, I thought "Too much Vegetables".

Then I read 'Vegetarian"

Have you asked your Doc about trying ZERO Vegetables (as a test) and just eating, for instance something kind of greasy like a Whopper (or part of one) for a meal with no veg on it.

Also, chew your food into a mash. Chewing is the first stage of digestion.

Other things to try might be Hamburger helper with high fat hamburger meat.

Grocery stores sell frozen microwave burgers if you don't want to cook.

It might take a few days to get the "Vegetables" out of your system before you would know if it's working.

But since you're under Docs care, follow the Docs advice about things like this.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Benchpresser350 View Post

Then I read 'Vegetarian"

Have you asked your Doc about trying ZERO Vegetables (as a test) and just eating, for instance something kind of greasy like a Whopper (or part of one) for a meal with no veg on it.

It might take a few days to get the "Vegetables" out of your system before you would know if it's working.

But since you're under Docs care, follow the Docs advice about things like this.
    I can’t tell if ur trolling here but I hope so…
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I can’t tell if ur trolling here but I hope so…
    Nope.

For real.

Nope.

For real.
    Your recommendation for his gut issues is to eat hamburger helper and microwave frozen burgers….

SMH…

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would try to get a second opinion.

Also, if all you eat is protein bars not being able to poop and feeling bloated is normal. There are a lot of people that bloat from sugar alcohols in them and whey.

I highly doubt you gained a lb of fat in a day

What is your current height and weight?

Why haven’t they ordered a CT with IV Contrast and Oral Contrast? Idk ask your gi doctor that
    Last edited by snailsrus; 08-08-2021 at 11:44 PM.
    Wincel crew

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Your recommendation for his gut issues is to eat hamburger helper and microwave frozen burgers….

SMH…
    Hamburger Helper, helps your hamburger, make a great meal!

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep a detailed symptom diary where you write down all of your symptoms, and what you ate or did to trigger them. Then bring that with you to a GI appointment. In addition to the above ideas, you may have some weird sort of autonomic neuropathy or gastroparesis. There are specific medicines that may help with this.

You can also try and elimination diet, where you just eat foods that you are confident you can handle well and nothing else until things are going well, then gradually add in one new food item at a time. Again, keeping detailed symptom diary.

Registered User userWAJMJZFGSAX's Avatar
    userWAJMJZFGSAX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you so much everyone ! My internet was down a couple of days. Super appreciative to everyone. The gastro doc was a nice guy but fairly overweight he thought I was a bit crazy with weighing myself etc. CT with IV Contrast and Oral Contrast I have never heard of but will try for sure. I do get a bump of improvement with eating meat and did try for a couple of weeks but also had vegies as well.

On the weight gain I may be of bit off but it is substantial given the low caloric intake.autonomic nephropathy or gastroparesis ive not herd of but will look into. The colonoscopy I had we did do a biopsy im not sure if everything mentioned above was tested however.

I do have a list of things that will trigger it immediately i.e canned corn or caffeine. but total elimination of vegetable i have not tried. Will have to consider however.

Thanks again so appreciative,

jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000)

Then I read 'Vegetarian"

Also, he should make a shake out of lard and pork rinds and drink it three times a day, right? Add some salt for flavour.
    It will help him get rid of those nasty veggies faster.