Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dylan13579 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Workout Around a Herniated Disc?

Hello!

I am nearing the four year mark of lifting, and close to 1.5-2 years of more serious lifting ie following through with workout programs, figuring out what's best for me, nutrition, etc. I had a herniated disc at L5-S1 about 3 years back and it has never been the same. I still feel a slight discomfort in my day-day activities. I have tried returning back to squats, deadlifts, and bent over barbell rows but these exercises just worsen the symptoms. There were many times that these symptoms would last 1-2 weeks. I have followed form tutorials, practicing in the mirror, going to PT and practicing with them, but nothing seemed to help reach a resolution. I haven't done these exercises for a while now and was wondering if any of you folks have advice or tips. For back, I mostly stick with machines and DB rows and machines. I also do core.

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dylan13579 View Post
    Hello!

I am nearing the four year mark of lifting, and close to 1.5-2 years of more serious lifting ie following through with workout programs, figuring out what's best for me, nutrition, etc. I had a herniated disc at L5-S1 about 3 years back and it has never been the same. I still feel a slight discomfort in my day-day activities. I have tried returning back to squats, deadlifts, and bent over barbell rows but these exercises just worsen the symptoms. There were many times that these symptoms would last 1-2 weeks. I have followed form tutorials, practicing in the mirror, going to PT and practicing with them, but nothing seemed to help reach a resolution. I haven't done these exercises for a while now and was wondering if any of you folks have advice or tips. For back, I mostly stick with machines and DB rows and machines. I also do core.
    read how to decompress the spine by reverse hyper extension and belt squat.