Diego2024 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Boxing and Bodybuilding?

I've been lifting for about a year now and decided to try out boxing, but my body seems to get tired way faster than other guys who are not into weight-training or bodybuilding. The gloves start feeling really heavy after a few minutes of boxing, and my shoulders feel sore.

Are there any bodybuilders here who're also into boxing, and if so what tips can you give me?

Thx.

flappy404 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just started boxing as well, definitly have the same problem. Ive been working hard on cardio training, but youre going to look like a bitch for a while. Bodybuilding =/= Endurance

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    having boxed decades ago, i can tell you that the two don't mix. lifting weights is slow and deliberate, you're also moving in a fixed range (bench press, curl, squat, etc). boxing requires speed and quick snapping movements. for non punching drills that you can do for exercise, calisthenics are great. i'd say the absolute two best are jumping rope and burpees.

isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's funny how you can probably lift a decent amount of weight but a pair of 12 ounce gloves can be your kryptonite.

Cardio for boxing is something that you really need to take seriously. It takes a while.
    Fitness trainer, avid learner, dog lover & online entrepreneur.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Choose one or the other.
    You will never be at your best with either if you try to combine them.
    Boxers do some exercises but not to develop muscle but enhance their boxing.
    Now boxing could be a good cardio for bodybuilding but it would not be the same as learning boxing skills.