Thread: Local baker

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Local baker

Do any of you make your bread purchases from a local baker?

I had a great one up until 10 years ago renting a commercial building from me that moved. Her prices were slightly more than the local grocery chain (Wal Mart around here) but her quality top notch. She would over see all baking and nothing low quality would ever sneak past her.

I don't miss the days of renting to her…it’s one problem or another. My final straw was when she wanted me to run a 2 phase line from the breaker box to the front of the store for her to place an oven. I offered to sell her the building, but she didn't. Ended up selling the building to an out of town sucker. He ended up selling it a few years later for 1/3 of what he bought it from me. The current owner hasn't done anything with it for the last 3 years.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    there used to be a great one nearby called Bread Basket that made great breads and pies. they served food using the fresh bread as well. they had an awesome Jalapeño and cheese bread that they used for their Monte Christo sandwich. this bread didn’t hurt on the way in. sadly they closed down due to some family issues. now we have panera
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    there used to be a great one nearby called Bread Basket that made great breads and pies. they served food using the fresh bread as well. they had an awesome Jalapeño and cheese bread that they used for their Monte Christo sandwich. this bread didn’t hurt on the way in. sadly they closed down due to some family issues. now we have panera
    So hard to find a great monte cristo sandwich unless I drive a half hour.

Can be made into a bodybuilding versions if you use a fat free cheese and dressing.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    So hard to find a great monte cristo sandwich unless I drive a half hour.

Can be made into a bodybuilding versions if you use a fat free cheese and dressing.
    the one at Bread Basket was great for bulking. had a massive butterflied chicken breast that was breaded and deep fried that stuck out a couple inches on all sides of the bread, even though the bread was a decent size.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023