Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I eat all foods.

I don’t believe in torturing animals no, unfortunately it’s at that level with food production in the US and likely all over the world. I say food because it’s not only the meat industry….seafood, fruits, veggies, etc.

It’s how we’ve grown.

One thing I will point out is as humans we are predators not prey. Our eyes point forward, we have canines, etc….we evolved like this. We don’t HAVE to eat meat but we can and there is benefit to it.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Some religions like Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism and Buddhism don’t eat meat.
    Buddhists do eat meat, at least in Thailand and Laos they do, but they also make a special holiday where they abstain from meat for about a week. It's called เทศกาลกินเจ and is around late Sept-early Oct. Some Thai religious ceremonies also involve offerings of a dead pig or chicken. It depends what they think the local spirit wants, usually advice from a local monk.

I was vegetarian for over 14 years, from Jan 2001 to Aug 2015, mainly for ethical reasons. It was the idea of suffering that really bothered me.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Yeah you have a very inaccurate view of Americans....

You're comparing a Christian rural Alabama Trumpist Klan Member to a Blue-Haired Transexual barista from Portland.

I dunno where you're from, but you're stereotyping hardcore

Not everyone falls on the extreme end of the political spectrum nor are you forced to match with all typical viewpoints or values...
    I realize that I used stereotypes in my comment.
    I don't do this in real life.

Personally...

I own a gun
    I think most drugs should be legal/not criminal offenses
    I hate the mask BS
    Im pro-choice
    Im indifferent to religion personally... but I think it has no place in politics
    Im pro-capital punishment
    I'm pro socialized healthcare

People aren't just fitting into perfect buckets
    Wow, Interesting
    Same here... except I don't own a gun (harsher legislation here - Eastern Europe)
    But I agree with all the others. How about immigration, BLM and minimum wage?

Just curious, from the people you know, how many are like you, sharing views from both spectrums?
    And if so, how do you guys vote? Based on the party or the candidate?
    "Reminds me of the good ol' days back in 03-04 when ripptoes/5 by 5/hit/doggcrap reigned supreme and you did not need direct arm work for big biceps. Rows and chins were it. "Ever see a guy rowing 300+lbs with chicken arms?". Ah yes those were the days. God bless amusclehead and his twisted one dimensional views along with the rest of the former flock."

jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000) jaxqen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh for sure.

In fact, I believe hunting for meat is far more 'ethical' than consuming factory farmed meat due to it's lack of connection to a system which causes unintentional deaths by things like viruses or bacteria that kill of the farmed animals.
    True!
    Hunters get a bad reputation because:
    - some enjoy doing it
    - some consider it a sport, they have trophies, photos with the killed animals near them

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Completely agreed on all counts. Trying to digest all those beans and lentils I had to eat was a massive drain on both me & my toilet's quality of life.
    I remember watching what Vegan Gains ate in a day.
    A lot of beans and lentils.
    I don't know how he does it.
    Maybe after a longer period, the body gets used to it.

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    I say food because it’s not only the meat industry….seafood, fruits, veggies, etc.
    There are levels, though!

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    One thing I will point out is as humans we are predators not prey. Our eyes point forward, we have canines, etc….we evolved like this. We don’t HAVE to eat meat but we can and there is benefit to it.
    We are omnivores, but the canines and the eyes are not good arguments, imo.
    Yes, we have canines, but they are very, very small. I don't know how common people would manage to bite the skin of a cow and then eat its meat with their teeth, without using hunting and cutting tools.

Also, there are hervivores with canines and herbivores with eyes point forward.
    Same as there are carnivores with eyes on their sides.
    "Reminds me of the good ol' days back in 03-04 when ripptoes/5 by 5/hit/doggcrap reigned supreme and you did not need direct arm work for big biceps. Rows and chins were it. "Ever see a guy rowing 300+lbs with chicken arms?". Ah yes those were the days. God bless amusclehead and his twisted one dimensional views along with the rest of the former flock."

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    I realize that I used stereotypes in my comment.
    I don't do this in real life.

Wow, Interesting
    Same here... except I don't own a gun (harsher legislation here - Eastern Europe)

Just curious, from the people you know, how many are like you, sharing views from both spectrums?
    most people I know share views from both sides, but they are also the people who are more quiet about it. They go about their day to day lives and stay away from political discussions as most civilized people do. its the extremists on both sides that also happen to be the most political. they are the ones who blatantly post their political views on social media, then when they get unfriended/unfollowed claim the “don’t care” and ironically make a big fuss about how much they don’t care lol.
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    True!
    Hunters get a bad reputation because:
    - some enjoy doing it
    - some consider it a sport, they have trophies, photos with the killed animals near them

I remember watching what Vegan Gains ate in a day.
    A lot of beans and lentils.
    I don't know how he does it.
    Maybe after a longer period, the body gets used to it.

There are levels, though!

We are omnivores, but the canines and the eyes are not good arguments, imo.
    Yes, we have canines, but they are very, very small. I don't know how common people would manage to bite the skin of a cow and then eat its meat with their teeth, without using hunting and cutting tools.

Also, there are hervivores with canines and herbivores with eyes point forward.
    Same as there are carnivores with eyes on their sides.
    Never said we are carnivores…it’s a fact we are predators not prey.

How do you do it without cutting tools? Cooking with fire.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Buddhists do eat meat, at least in Thailand and Laos they do, but they also make a special holiday where they abstain from meat for about a week. It's called เทศกาลกินเจ and is around late Sept-early Oct. Some Thai religious ceremonies also involve offerings of a dead pig or chicken. It depends what they think the local spirit wants, usually advice from a local monk.

I was vegetarian for over 14 years, from Jan 2001 to Aug 2015, mainly for ethical reasons. It was the idea of suffering that really bothered me.
    Depends on the sect of Buddhism. I lived in Thailand for like a year and they do but if you go to idea you’ll find more

https://minoritynurse.com/understand...dietary-needs/

“A Buddhist Glossary Vegetarianism: A diet that includes no meat. In the Buddhist religion, eating a vegetarian diet is a natural and logical ramification of the moral precept against the taking of life. Veganism: A philosophy of life that should be thought of as entirely separate from vegetarianism. It is concerned with an entire lifestyle rather than just a dietary regime. Veganism prohibits not only the eating of animals, animal products and their derivatives-including milk, cheese and honey-but also the use of animal furs, leathers, skins, etc. Vegans believe these products-and even their by-products-must be avoided at both the physical and mental levels to ensure true liberation that facilitates the attaining of enlightenment. Ahimsa: The act of not killing or harming. It refers to the compassionate, non-violent treatment of living things and the acknowledgment of all sentient creatures’ right to live and be reborn. Practicing ahimsa will keep the Buddhist on the right spiritual path and enforces “a better life and better health.” Karma: A sort of spiritual bank account that is accumu-lated through one’s actions in life. Good karma occurs for those who follow Buddhism’s moral precepts; it will lead to being reborn as a higher being, such as a god or wealthy human. Bad karma, which can result from forbidden acts such as killing living things, can cause one to be reborn as a lesser being, such as an animal, insect or demon. Once you pay off your karmic “debts,” you can be reborn as human.
    Buddhists who are strict adherents to their faith depend not only on these Five Contemplations but also on the Five Moral Precepts to determine which foods are appropriate to consume and which are considered forbidden. In general, Buddhism prohibits the eating of any and all meat, because (1) the killing of animals violates the First Moral Precept and (2) meat is considered an intoxicant to the body, which violates the Fifth Moral Precept.
    According to the Fifth Precept, consuming any type of intoxicants will reflect negatively on a Buddhist’s life and afterlife in the following ways:
    o Effects on Self: It will distort and cloud one’s samadhi-i.e, it will hinder one’s judgment and decrease proper concentration necessary for meditation, which is the path to enlightenment.
    o Effects on Others: It will increase one’s susceptibility to commit crimes and do wrong to others, which means loss of the desirable self-control.
    o Religious/Spiritual Effects: It can cause bad karma (see Glossary) that harms other sentient beings and later on will haunt the original being.“
    Wincel and SS crew

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well we have a minimum wage, I think what you're asking is do I think it should be higher. Nobody in America will work for free, there's always a minimum.

But yes, I support a higher minimum wage. It doesn't really effect me tho since I earn much higher than that.

BLM... in terms of what? What are you asking specifically? And on immigration... again, what are you asking?

Most people I know are a blend... not 100% on one side or another.

I vote for candidates/policy, but in our system that usually means you land on one side or another... so there's not a huge difference.

However, there are certain things I simply wouldn't ever vote to give up... so that would sway me depending on which candidate held those stances.

I mean if a republican genuinely was better, then fine... but that rarely happens in my experience.

Trump for example... worst president in history and an embarrassment to this country.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Depends on the sect of Buddhism. I lived in Thailand for like a year and they do but if you go to idea you’ll find more
    Do you mean India? Yes it does depend, and some cultures are probably more strict adherents than others. Similar to Christians with their premarital sex and other taboos. 6 years living here I've seen meat eating every day in every shop. They especially love "moo kra taa," which is a carnivore's dream. Do you remember that the vegetarian restaurants are specially marked with the yellow flag with red letters? Strict veg. is a unique thing here.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you mean India? Yes it does depend, and some cultures are probably more strict adherents than others. Similar to Christians with their premarital sex and other taboos. 6 years living here I've seen meat eating every day in every shop. They especially love "moo kra taa," which is a carnivore's dream. Do you remember that the vegetarian restaurants are specially marked with the yellow flag with red letters? Strict veg. is a unique thing here.
    haha yes India

And I do I also only ate ate them cause I never learned Thai and my reception sucked on my phone to google things. And fish sauce was in everything I felt like. But Thai omelettes with chili powder were awesome
    Wincel and SS crew

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And on immigration... again, what are you asking?
    I think Democratic policy tends to favor a lot of attention on making immigration more, fair, easy to administer etc.., shy of course of a lot of progressive or communist rhetoric that favors overall less to no restrictions on immigration. Refugees of course are welcome by most leftists around the board pretty consistently, probably considering it's largely a matter of state affairs handled by institution.

DACA was kind of a landmark thing for executive orders, with Obama initiated it and Trump ended up stifling it.

Detention camps were a huge issue near the beginning of Trump's administration. Apparently there were issues on Obama's watch as well, though iirc Trump's executive orders turned up the agitation on that.
    Bodybuilding with the power of math since 2007.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    I think Democratic policy tends to favor a lot of attention on making immigration more, fair, easy to administer etc.., shy of course of a lot of progressive or communist rhetoric that favors overall less to no restrictions on immigration. Refugees of course are welcome by most leftists around the board pretty consistently, probably considering it's largely a matter of state affairs handled by institution.

DACA was kind of a landmark thing for executive orders, with Obama initiated it and Trump ended up stifling it.

Detention camps were a huge issue near the beginning of Trump's administration. Apparently there were issues on Obama's watch as well, though iirc Trump's executive orders turned up the agitation on that.
    Both of them have one thing in common, they were known for being huge fans of American comfort food. Obama’s favorite local restaurant in Hyde park /Chicago is nothing fancy and he was a big breakfast guy.

Trump will eat anything. He made no secret of his love for big mac’s and oreo cookies when they were made in America.

We do have a past president that’s leaning vegan after his heart health, Bill Clinton.

So far we’ve had no vegan/vegetarian presidents during their administration ….they may not agree on policy but they all agree on good food!

Every Indian/Pakistani or people from that region I’ve ever encountered would eat meat. Some no pork, some no beef. All ate chicken or fish though. These were either friends, coworkers, former classmates etc. Coincidentally I have yet to meet a vegan/vegetarian that doesn’t have some sort of health issue….and they all happen to be on the younger side which is interesting.

Btw I only know about their diet because they volunteered to bring it up, not like I cared enough to ask about it. One poor girl I felt very sorry for I met while she worked at vitamin shoppe, we became close over the years and in her 20’s she was losing hair. First vegetarian I met way before it became more mainstream.

Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am extremely thankful to see thoughtful and understanding conversation about this topic here. Years ago, this was absolutely not possible on this board. I'm glad that these days meatheads (har har, and I meat the term with all love, because regardless of what we eat, we're all meatheads here) on both sides of of this philosophical/dietary line can at least understand the philosophical standpoint of vegetarianism/veganism. For those "vegans for health" dorks out there though, we need to purge them from the conversation.

I'm working at the moment and might drop in to be more directly involved in this discussion later.

Originally Posted by Jisoku View Post
    I am extremely thankful to see thoughtful and understanding conversation about this topic here. Years ago, this was absolutely not possible on this board. I'm glad that these days meatheads (har har, and I meat the term with all love, because regardless of what we eat, we're all meatheads here) on both sides of of this philosophical/dietary line can at least understand the philosophical standpoint of vegetarianism/veganism. For those "vegans for health" dorks out there though, we need to purge them from the conversation.

I'm working at the moment and might drop in to be more directly involved in this discussion later.
    I would’ve given a more appropriate reply but don’t want to get banned for two weeks again.

The meat heads are still here in the misc, they just gave up and let the pc culture take over.