gutz1202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help me un**** my program

ok so quick back story im 6 foot 1 183 pounds when i started i was 360 pounds i wanted to lose weight and put on muscle it took me a bout 1 and a half years to lose the weight and ive put on some decent muscle but basically no strength =( i understand strength training is different from muscle size training so like a 5x5 is good for strenth but im afraid of loseing my hard earned muscle going for a all strength approach allot of my routine has been assecary work as my home gym isnt that great and its covid but i have access to a few compund lifts that i have enough plates go heavy with but my strenth has not progressed so enough chat ill post my routine and ask how i can change it to build both strenth and size rather then just size

Monday Chest sholders tris
    4 sets 12 reps flat bench press
    4 sets 12 reps landmine press
    3 sets 12 reps incline press
    4 sets 12 reps sholder press
    4 sets 15 reps lateral raises
    4 sets 15 reps shrugs
    3 sets 12 reps scull crushers
    3 sets 15 reps tricep kickbacks

Tues Back/biceps
    4sets 12 reps wide lat pulldown
    4sets 8 to 10 reps barbell curl
    3sets 12 reps hammer curl
    4sets 12 reps isolation curl
    3 sets 12 reps deadlift

weds Legs
    4 sets 12 reps barbell squat
    4 sets 20 reps calf raises

thurs -monday repeat

friday -tues repeat

saturday same as weds day except a lighter weight 4 sets 20 reps lateral raise
    sunday rest

around 60 to 70s rest for each set

so yeah i know my routine is dodge af but it has worked in its goal witch was to lose the weight and put on some muscle size but no i kind of want to get rid of it and gain some strength with out losing too much of the size of the muscle pls help a noob out =D also shoulder press is by far my fav exercise so a decent rep sceme for them would be greatly appreciated also XD
    Last edited by gutz1202; 07-30-2021 at 01:50 AM.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It would help to know what what you are performing at those rep ranges, since you're identifying poor strength as the issue.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you allowed to do a proven program or only willing to accept modifications to your "routine"?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a tad unbalanced.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

yeah the program is unbalanced i understand that each of thos rep ranges i try to fail at last rep then rest 60s atm there is no gym open so i only have acess to dumbells and barbell but yeah dont think ive earned much strength just allot of muscle size but yeah am willing to accept some recommendations on how to make it better i love training as you can tell by the amount of volume im thinking i should maybe go for a basic 4x8 method as ive read thats good just scared of loseing the size ive put on in the year of training ive done by changing the rep ranges but i understand i need to i think as i can no longer add 2pounds to 5 pounds to my lifts i dont really know what im doing i just know it worked i basically watched a **** ton of videos and read that hypertrophy is between 8 to 12 reps so im like hmmmm ok ill max out also the whole massive whight loss i thought id go high in volume but yeah basically didnt add much strength at all my lifts from what ive read are still in begginer to novice stages in terms of strenth but some how ive put on allot of muscle with such light weight training but now i want to start getting better numbers with my lifts with out sacrificing too much size
    Last edited by gutz1202; 07-30-2021 at 08:06 AM.

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you squat/bench/deadlift?

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    What do you squat/bench/deadlift?
    Hardly anything LOL
    sholder press 80lbs failing on 12th rep
    Bench 138x12 rep fail
    squat 140x15 rep fail
    dead lift
    idk my 1 rep maxs but yeah my strength is garbage all my training was done in a deficit and was more based on pumping the muscle for size rather then strenth till now
    plus i never tried doing a 1 rep max since no spotter in qurrentine

i want to get to 180 pounds before i deside to start maingaining/200cal surplus

The amount of volume you're doing is inappropriate. The balance is virtually all upper body pressing and biceps. The lower body and back are afterthoughts.

I would recommend a novice program for you.

The amount of volume you're doing is inappropriate. The balance is virtually all upper body pressing and biceps. The lower body and back are afterthoughts.

I would recommend a novice program for you.
    Would a 5x5 program work im all game to do a novice program just worried of going backwards in progress in terms of size since i read that lower reps - less hypertropy

5x5 is a rep scheme, not a program. You're doing a lot of busy work right now. Simplify then move forward.

5x5 is a rep scheme, not a program. You're doing a lot of busy work right now. Simplify then move forward.
    ok ill read up on some novice programs thx for the advise ^^