Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Lawnmower

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

New Lawnmower

So i just called a highly ranked repair shop for advice on which brand to get and these are highlights of the conversation. If you have any thoughts on what was said, please reply.

1. They don't see many Torro, Husqueverna?, or John Deere for repairs.
    2. Fuel stabilizer needed in new mowers because of plastic parts , gas goes bad in 30 days because of Ethanol?
    3. Self propelled are heavy but make hills easy( never used self propelled)
    4. Again they liked Torro for a "basic" mower
    5. keep fresh gas, do not buy 5 gallons and let it get funky sitting around
    6. get a tuneup every year for 60 bucks.
    Thoughts?
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depending on how much you got to cut. Many people are switching towards battery powered. Say goodbye to gas and the issues that come with it. I am switching all my stuff over.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Depending on how much you got to cut. Many people are switching towards battery powered. Say goodbye to gas and the issues that come with it. I am switching all my stuff over.
    My neighbors have these green colored mowers that i think are battery powered. My only worry is running out of juice mid cut,lol.
    It takes me 1.5 hours with a push mower moving fast.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a Poulan, maybe that is just a Canadian thing, but it has a Honda Engine.

Have left last falls gas in it till spring and it starts no problem. Had it for 8 years now I think, basically I treat it like a lawnmower, not a prized possession. My wife gets ticked off because I am not out there washing and detailing etc.

Self propelled goes against the grain of this forum, I have seriously considered weighting mine down for extra calorie burn.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    My neighbors have these green colored mowers that i think are battery powered. My only worry is running out of juice mid cut,lol.

Yeah, I am not all that knowledgable about them especially for big cuts. I do recall IC and mgftp mentioning them, perhaps they or someone else can answer this question. If I had to cut 1.5 hrs I would probably be riding something with a beer holder attatched.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you get self propelled, decide if you want front or rear wheel drive.

If you slightly raise the front end when mowing to go over a mole hill or something, it won't propel if front driven. I mow a weedy area with uneven ground at the edge of a field that I do this with

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A good battery powered mower (push) can last 1 hour and then only takes about 30 minutes to recharge enough to finish the rest. No gas, no oil, much lighter.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Use ethanol free (marine) fuel, it will last longer and run better.

If you’re just getting a push mower, don’t get too hung up on the brand. Do however research the motor, as some brands will use different brand motors on similar models of mower.

I’ve always been a fan of ex Mark, but then again that was commercial grade equipment I used for my business.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Chew Crew.

If there's one thing I hate in this life, it's losing. If there's two things I hate, it's losing and getting cancer.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've had gas sitting around for ages and I have never really had an issue. I wouldn't leave it sitting in the gas tank all winter though because I've had it gum up the carburetor...which btw, the majority of nonstarting lawnmowers I've had started right up after taking off the carburetor and cleaning it. The little holes get clogged pretty easy.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000) dipworm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Toro is the way to go. John Deere sells Honda mowers which don't hold up like a Toro. I only used stabilizer in off season, had one that lasted over 25 years never replaced plug or any other kind of "tune up". Replaced it with another Toro rear wheel drive. They are in no way heavy. Takes me about 1 hour to mow my yard. I might add my neighbor is still using the Toro I upgraded.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I've had gas sitting around for ages and I have never really had an issue. I wouldn't leave it sitting in the gas tank all winter though because I've had it gum up the carburetor...which btw, the majority of nonstarting lawnmowers I've had started right up after taking off the carburetor and cleaning it. The little holes get clogged pretty easy.
    I have been pretty lucky, the only carbs I had gum up on me were the ones that used mixed gas after sitting. I had an old walmart special mower for over 12 years, I beat the hell out of it, never stabilized the gas or drained it over winter and my last cut is the end of sept and don't start again until may. I wasn't worried about it because I am used to working on small engines, I put a carb kit in it once during that time because the diaphram was getting weak, the mower deck rotted out on it and gave the engine to a kid making a go cart. That mower was probably the best 100 bucks I ever spent. I never purchased another mower decided it was time for someone else to do my lawn work
    Last edited by mtpockets; 07-29-2021 at 11:10 AM.

cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm from Iowa, and I grew up in John Deere country, so I have to put a plug in for John Deere. I know they aren't the cheapest, but nothing runs like a Deere!

PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have too many acres to push! But in any case, yeah, all those brands will work fine for you.
    I'm still waiting for commercial/industrial strength electric stuff, which may not be all that far off... until then gas is still king for weedwackers, chainsaws, and mowers on a larger scale.
    I wouldn't pay 60 bucks for a tune up but there's nothing wrong with doing so.
    I'd say don't let the gas sit for years but you are unlikely to have issues even if it sits for several months.
    I get the idealism of push mowers, but in the end do what you want. Pushing doesn't have much specificity for any resistance work. It's best value is in cardio and if you like pushing for cardio then go for it. If not, then don't.
    It's never too late!

5'6", 215

Results:
    2/26/22 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 501/325/540/1366 @ 209lb
    11/7/21 IPL drug tested world championships: 463/319/529/1311 @ 205lb
    6/20/21 USPA Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 468/308/501/1278 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 USPA FS meet: 407/303/474/1185 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    529/336/555

Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honda HRX 217....this one is 22 years old....never been repaired

Retired...no smartphone....no neighbors......just holes...

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do a bit of small engine repair and second the ethanol free gas in all small engines (or any carb cars) as well as fuel stabilizer if its going to sit. And if its sits for winter I like to drain all the gas and add just a small bit of Stabile in the tank, pull the cord slowly a couple times and store or fill completely to the top so air can't sit and add stabilizer.

Of all the recent mowers I've helped people with the main issue has been the carb being clogged up or the plug being really bad. I think all the big box store mowers are decent and will last many many year with a little bit of maintaince (oil change, proper storage, gas etc.) Toro seems to be OK and I'd guess many are made with the same briggs type motor. Self propelled is cool if you have hills but another thing to go wrong, IMO (and heavier).

Ideally I'd follow the manufacture maintaince schedule for "tune ups".
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Caucasian, Bro/Brah/Bruh AlBHappy's Avatar
    AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AlBHappy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had a self propelled Toro and it was complete JUNK. I know they have a good reputation, I probably got a lemon.

I currently have had a self propelled Husqvarna for 4 years. It is excellent

Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000) Icepops81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just use 91 with no ethanol and you do t have to worry about going bad.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bought a Toro self propelled last month . Best investment I’ve made in a long time . There’s models you don’t want , as the bar is too low . I’ll see which one have .

This is the one you want , it’s got the large handle on top as this one does . The ones with the then bars are far too low and awkward

Here’s a link . Site is crashing as I try to load pics again

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/tor...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Make Misc great again

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    ...Self propelled goes against the grain of this forum, I have seriously considered weighting mine down for extra calorie burn.
    That's right, really the discussion should be what type of hedge trimmer or whatever to mount on the front of a prowler

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just get a fence and goats. I dump a little sea foam or stable in the tank at the end of the year for the last cut, it stabilizes the fuel for 6 months. My last Walmart special mower lasted 12 years and was still running but the frame was getting bad.

jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Bought a Toro self propelled last month . Best investment I’ve made in a long time . There’s models you don’t want , as the bar is too low . I’ll see which one have .

This is the one you want , it’s got the large handle on top as this one does . The ones with the then bars are far too low and awkward

Here’s a link . Site is crashing as I try to load pics again

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/tor...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I'm not sure if Toro is the only brand doing this, but these mowers advertise as having no oil change ever. They just require "topping off."

I'm sceptical. Apparently many people still suck the oil out or tip it on its side to drain it so they can change it

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jreacher View Post
    I'm not sure if Toro is the only brand doing this, but these mowers advertise as having no oil change ever. They just require "topping off."

I'm sceptical. Apparently many people still suck the oil out or tip it on its side to drain it so they can change it
    I have a YardWorks push lawnmower with a Briggs&Straton 675 EX engine that doesn't require oil changes. I've had it for four years and I cut a half acre every two weeks in the Summer. Not only have I never changed oil, but I've never even needed to top it off. It gets fantastic mileage on a tank of gas, too.

You guys are great, I will rep you over the next few days. Thanks for all of the advice since this is a topic that I dont know much about. And I will check out the battery ones just to see what the current specs and estimates are. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    I have a YardWorks push lawnmower with a Briggs&Straton 675 EX engine that doesn't require oil changes. I've had it for four years and I cut a half acre every two weeks in the Summer. Not only have I never changed oil, but I've never even needed to top it off. It gets fantastic mileage on a tank of gas, too.
    Awesome. I'm not an engine expert so that sounds like black magic to me. Pretty cool

lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brandon92 View Post
    I’ve always been a fan of ex Mark, but then again that was commercial grade equipment I used for my business.
    ExMark all the way. I live in a rural part of the South and most yards here are far too big to push mow so you mostly see ExMark and Farris zero turn mowers here. I got a 60" mid grade ExMark about 10 years ago and that thing hasn't given me a single problem. You could run it at 20mph and it won't miss a blade of grass.
    "Luck" is probability taken personally

Never accept a "No" from someone who wasn't empowered to give you a "Yes" in the first place

A nd what are you doing with 2 old mowers sitting in the garage? The special trash pickup?
    The dump?

A nd what are you doing with 2 old mowers sitting in the garage? The special trash pickup?
    The dump?
    Any scrappers in your area? Most folks I know just put them at the curb and they disappear. Either taken for scrap or parts. I am a country bumkin though, that's how things work in my neck of the woods.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jreacher View Post
    Awesome. I'm not an engine expert so that sounds like black magic to me. Pretty cool
    Briggs&Straton engines and the universe are magic.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    On a serious note, who was it here that had a heart attack while putting their lawn mower away. Trying to remember... hope they're OK and training again

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Briggs&Straton engines and the universe are magic.

The ones I had were pretty much bullet proof