drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry cant loose weight, diet is off HELP!!

I am 5' 5", 168lbs, 46 years old, I have 23% body fat currently, probably a endo-mesomorph body type (more endo)
    I have done many activities such as marathons, half marathons, Spartan race, tough mudder, half ironman, and i still weight train. Currently I am in the gym lifting weight 5-6 days per week for about 1 hour or longer, and i dont take very long rests between sets. I run 4-6 miles 2 days per week for cardio @ a 8:45 min/mile pace. alternating days slow cardio after weight training 3 days per week brisk uphill walk on treadmill for 15-20 min.

- Here is the issue:
    I am trying to lose body fat and weight, i would like to be 150lbs. I used to take brown or slow glycemic index carbs and tried to stay calorie neutral in the past, but now am having trouble losing weight, I use UnderArmor my fitness pal and track macros, calories, ect.
    Diet: this is where i am sure i am screwing up.. I used to take 1500 cal per day, didn't lose an ounce, then I cut it to 1300 cal per day, losing VERY slowly and seem to be on a plateau. macros: goal is 20% carbs, 35% fat, 45% protein. Honestly I usually don't go over carbs, except on cheat meals (2-3 per week) depending on how busy I am, and I NEVER hit my protein mark.

I really need some diet advice, i cannot imagine its my training at this point, are my cheat meals screwing me for the entire week? Or am I taking too many calories, too few calories? I am not loosing muscle that i can tell, strength is slowly increasing or stable on almost all exercises.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by drkovacev; 07-28-2021 at 03:09 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    - Count your cals properly; your intake is NOT 1300/day even without cheat meals

- Stop the 2-3 cheat meals per week; and yes, this counts towards your cal intake

- Your problem is NOT too few cals
    Last edited by air2fakie; 07-28-2021 at 04:01 PM.

drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drkovacev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    appreciate the response, but I am tracking using fitness pal, barcode food scan, i weight food and usually overestimate if i can. I track even supplements, I am wondering if i am in survival mode for calories, and i do suspect the cheat meals are part of prob... i am trying to figure out my appropriate BMR so i know where to start.

wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes, cheat meals can easily ruin your deficit for an entire week

say your deficit is 500 calories per day. 500 calories x 7 days per week = 3500 calorie deficit for the week. You can hit 3500 calories in 1 "cheat meal" (sometimes "cheat meal" means people go overboard) and you can hit 3500+ easily in 2-3 cheat meals
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drkovacev View Post
    appreciate the response, but I am tracking using fitness pal, barcode food scan, i weight food and usually overestimate if i can. I track even supplements, I am wondering if i am in survival mode for calories, and i do suspect the cheat meals are part of prob... i am trying to figure out my appropriate BMR so i know where to start.
    If you're not losing weight, the calories you are consuming is equal to the calories that you are expending. That's your TDEE, not your BMR.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got it, I'm similarly meticulous and on a large deficit as well. I weigh every ounce of food & liquid that I eat, even every grain of salt, pepper and chili powder. I total 800 cals/day. I also have a daily cheat dinner. For some reason I can't lose weight either.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Got it, I'm similarly meticulous and on a large deficit as well. I weigh every ounce of food & liquid that I eat, even every grain of salt, pepper and chili powder. I total 800 cals/day. I also have a daily cheat dinner. For some reason I can't lose weight either.
    LOL

This was awesome
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are lying to yourself. See sig below and reread air2fakie’s post.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL

Hilarious but sad how accurate it is for many who come here for advice...
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100) bullarms is not very well liked. (-100)
    Try some aerobic exercises as you have not mentioned swimming if knows how to swim or choose any sport like basketball (one of my friend started doing that and lose around 8 kg in 21 days) that supports your mental and physical interplay well. Try to do any of these you like the most!

I appreciate the legit responses, the sarcastic ones surprise me that you would waste time to post... I am only doing 1-2 cheat meals per week, they are not insane, but my I was actually looking for advice regarding how to get an accurate BMR and how to calculate my calories based on work out and macros. I have heard that reducing your cals can slow metabolism and result in no weight loss, thats why i was asking for help. So I appreciate the responses from those who are trying to help, haters and sarcastic ones, dont waste your time posting here. I will take the advice to reduce cheat meals to one per week and hopefully it will improve, but if anyone has advice on calories I should be consuming per day based on my metrics above, please advise, and should i be shooting for a 500 cal per day deficit after exercise? or more?

Thanks once again.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reduce your chest meals to zero if you're not going to count them in your calculations. And, again, think in terms of tdee not bmr. You're needlessly confounding yourself by not doing that.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

So i went and found this calculator, do these numbers seem accurate?

h t t p : //tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&age=46&g=male&lbs=164&in=65& act=1.55&bf=23&f=1

If this is true, when i click the cutting option, it basically states i need 1990 cal per day to be at a 500 cal deficit for the day to to get more lean?
    numbers seem high, am i reading this accurately?

thanks all

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

h t t p : //tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&age=46&g=male&lbs=164&in=65& act=1.55&bf=23&f=1

If this is true, when i click the cutting option, it basically states i need 1990 cal per day to be at a 500 cal deficit for the day to to get more lean?

thanks all
    I mean 1990 for me would be miserably low... so.... no, it doesn't seem high at all...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

thanks all
    ~2000 calories for cutting is pretty standard for smaller people. you could stay on "1500 calories" (your version) without the cheat meals and see what happens...

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    except on cheat meals (2-3 per week)
    I am only doing 1-2 cheat meals per week
    Want to give us another number? ;-)

This actually makes a point: Don't mislead yourself about what you're really doing.

Im going to try 1800 cal per day based on the calc above, and with 40:40:20 macros (low carb). I hope to get results, and appreciate input from all.

Im going to try 1800 cal per day based on the calc above, and with 40:40:20 macros (low carb). I hope to get results, and appreciate input from all.
    Targeting macro %'s isn't needed at all...

it will make no difference.

Please read the stickies

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    While not endorsing anything, there are some OTC things you can take to speed up you metabolism. Nicotine tablets, caffeine and synephrine. Do your own research, I'm not telling you to take them.

I appreciate the legit responses, the sarcastic ones surprise me that you would waste time to post... I am only doing 1-2 cheat meals per week, they are not insane, but my I was actually looking for advice regarding how to get an accurate BMR and how to calculate my calories based on work out and macros.
    My second reply mirrors your response to me, so since you consider mine to be invalid that should shed some light on your own approach. And you're not doing yourself any favors by tiptoeing around your untracked cheat meals being a major issue when you're trying to cut - initially saying you do 3/week & now saying you do 1/week is kinda pointless unless you're just trying to make yourself feel better. Good luck!

If you still do cheat meals, you won’t make 1800 calories a day.

I can wipe out an entire week’s deficit in a single cheat meal.

At 1800 calories a day you should be really, really hungry and feel like crap. Yet people who come here insist they eat this little or way less, even though some of us have actually tried eating a properly tracked 1800 calories (without the cheat meals) so we know what that should feel like.

You even claimed to eat 1500 calories and not lose weight. If you really were properly tracking, you wouldn’t have that problem. It is just not possible. Hence we tell you to drop the cheat meals. You are fooling yourself.

If you weren’t losing weight at «1500» and now start eating «1800» without changing anything, you will gain weight.

- Richard Feynman

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    At 1800 calories a day you should be really, really hungry and feel like crap. Yet people who come here insist they eat this little or way less, even though some of us have actually tried eating a properly tracked 1800 calories (without the cheat meals) so we know what that should feel like.
    Can confirm. Ate as high as 2,500 calories a day, with about 1,800 the final two at a similar aerobic activity level described by OP. Lost 4 pounds last week - and this was after consecutive weeks of weight loss.

Had trouble focusing at work and felt far from chipper, even if it's manageable when there's plenty of fat to utilize for energy.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    If you still do cheat meals, you won’t make 1800 calories a day.

I can wipe out an entire week’s deficit in a single cheat meal.

You even claimed to eat 1500 calories and not lose weight. If you really were properly tracking, you wouldn’t have that problem. It is just not possible. Hence we tell you to drop the cheat meals. You are fooling yourself.

If you weren’t losing weight at «1500» and now start eating «1800» without changing anything, you will gain weight.
    Plus anyone "cutting" is who this lax about cheat meals (while complaining they're not losing weight) is unlikely to be anywhere near as exact as OP claims to be about tracking cals and weighing food in the first place, and probably also isn't counting the chips and ice cream either.

But since he runs marathons and does Ironmen every week, he's the perfect subject for your TDEE theory.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plus anyone "cutting" is who this lax about cheat meals (while complaining they're not losing weight) is unlikely to be anywhere near as exact as OP claims to be about tracking cals and weighing food in the first place, and probably also isn't counting the chips and ice cream either.

But since he runs marathons and does Ironmen every week, he's the perfect subject for your TDEE theory.
    .. Not even sure where I stand on that former debate, but that was well-played lol.

Inb4 EiFit rebuts that the scientific literature is properly controlled and OP's claims are not.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    .. Not even sure where I stand on that former debate, but that was well-played lol.

Inb4 EiFit rebuts that the scientific literature is properly controlled and OP's claims are not.
    LOL beat me to it!

- Richard Feynman

Definitely. Some people don’t seem to understand how our appetite can conspire against us in our weight loss efforts.

I am convinced that some people, on some subconscious level, just want to fail at losing weight. Maybe it is just more convenient than facing the truth.

- Richard Feynman

So just to clarify, i would use different cheat meals on different weeks, for example, one week would be 1 cheat meal, some weeks up to 3, (so avg 2 per week) but I am certain that this was contributing to my self sabotage, because you all are correct that i did not record these meals well at all, but all others were tracked meticulously, so point taken, and I thank all for stating the obvious. Since starting this thread, I have now lost 2 lbs, and hope to continue without cheat meals, but workouts are tough, and my run pace suffers bc i feel fatigued all the time, and am hungry continuously, this was the reason I heard from many "experts" that I should add cheat meals on weekly, well clearly i cannot bc of the number of cals consumed is prob off the chart and wrecks the weeks losses. Will push on, trying 1800 ish per day cals

So just to clarify, i would use different cheat meals on different weeks, for example, one week would be 1 cheat meal, some weeks up to 3, (so avg 2 per week) but I am certain that this was contributing to my self sabotage, because you all are correct that i did not record these meals well at all, but all others were tracked meticulously, so point taken, and I thank all for stating the obvious. Since starting this thread, I have now lost 2 lbs, and hope to continue without cheat meals, but workouts are tough, and my run pace suffers bc i feel fatigued all the time, and am hungry continuously, this was the reason I heard from many "experts" that I should add cheat meals on weekly, well clearly i cannot bc of the number of cals consumed is prob off the chart and wrecks the weeks losses. Will push on, trying 1800 ish per day cals
    Maybe reduce the marathons/Ironmen/Spartans down to once/week as well.

Not sure where you read that I did those activities once a week, perhaps re-read the beginning thread.

Not sure where you read that I did those activities once a week, perhaps re-read the beginning thread.
    Sorry, I did misread your original thread thinking that you listed those activities as the lead-in because they were an integral part of your weight loss resume. I didn't realize you meant you've done them over the course of your lifetime & weren't relevant to your post.

Angry cant loose weight, diet is off HELP!! ... I have done many activities such as marathons, half marathons, Spartan race, tough mudder, half ironman, and i still weight train.