Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SyrionDeath is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Pasta and rice is 350 calories per 100 gram. So that lunch for instance is 700 calories just for the rice and not 246.

350 grams of pasta is 1050 calories.

Cut down on the pasta and rice and you should lose weight much faster without much pain.
    Im getting these numbers from the package for pasta, and myfitnesspal for the rice. How could they be so far off? and where can I go to get correct calorie counts if all the packages and sites I use are wrong?

EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SyrionDeath View Post
    Im getting these numbers from the package for pasta, and myfitnesspal for the rice. How could they be so far off? and where can I go to get correct calorie counts if all the packages and sites I use are wrong?
    I don’t know about that pasta but rice is definitely 350. Myfitnesspal contains many huge errors. Pasta and rice are two items I see miscounted all the time - I have even seen them miscounted in “weight loss clubs” that charge money for membership!
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Im measuring the rice and pasta cooked. Is that where Im going wrong?

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    I don’t know about that pasta but rice is definitely 350. Myfitnesspal contains many huge errors. Pasta and rice are two items I see miscounted all the time - I have even seen them miscounted in “weight loss clubs” that charge money for membership!
    I'll definately have to cut back and see if i can find a reliable numbers for these things. Im still shocked that 100grams of rice is 350. whenever Ive measured out 100 grams it always looks like nothing. barely even covers the bottom of a small bowl. guess Ill try those things and report back in a couple weeks. Is there a more accurate site you use for food? or maybe i can just find a basic rice in myfitnesspal that does share those stats. either way thx for all your help.

EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll definately have to cut back and see if i can find a reliable numbers for these things. Im still shocked that 100grams of rice is 350. whenever Ive measured out 100 grams it always looks like nothing. barely even covers the bottom of a small bowl. guess Ill try those things and report back in a couple weeks. Is there a more accurate site you use for food? or maybe i can just find a basic rice in myfitnesspal that does share those stats. either way thx for all your help.
    Yup, there’s usually a shock when you realize how much you used to eat. Been there. My servings of rice and pasta are much much smaller than they used to be. And I eat way less unprocessed carbs. Other than that my diet has hardly changed, but I weigh like 50 pounds less...
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you should specify whether or not you guys are talking in terms of cooked or uncooked, because I think you may be talking apples to oranges.

UNCOOKED rice is about 360kcal per 100g, not cooked. 100g of cooked rice is like 120 kcal.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Im measuring the rice and pasta cooked. Is that where Im going wrong?
    the back of the packet will usually specify uncooked v cooked calories

but yeah it looks like its the uncooked v cooked issue that is causing you to consume more calories than you realise
    may god forgive me

dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dexter249 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

You could try miracle noodle if you like it. It is 0 calories or close to it. Tastes just like other noodles to me, but some don’t like it very well.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Oh and sometimes Ill put a tablespoon of peanut butter in my oatmeal. 90 cals Hope this gives you a rough idea.
    What is the weight of this tablespoon of PB? (Since you say that you WEIGH everything.) If you are measuring the tablespoon must be level with the top of the spoon rim, not mounded above it. (I say all of this because it is very common for someone's tablespoon of PB to be 2 or 3 tablespoons in reality. Adding 100-200 MORE calories than they realize.)

I may air fry some potatoes with a tablespoon of olive oil.
    Are you counting the 119 calories in the oil?

Brown Lentils 150grams (174 calories)
    There are 247 calories in 150 grams of Cooked Lentils. There are 530 calories in 150 grams of uncooked Lentils.

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    If you are measuring the tablespoon must be level with the top of the spoon rim, not mounded above it.
    What kind of sick person are you? Anyone who's ever gotten a spoonful of PB knows they try to get as much PB as humanly possible onto it.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I think you should specify whether or not you guys are talking in terms of cooked or uncooked, because I think you may be talking apples to oranges.

UNCOOKED rice is about 360kcal per 100g, not cooked. 100g of cooked rice is like 120 kcal.
    Good point. I like to cook in bulk throughout the week. So rice and lentils get cooked and dished out as I need them. I'll make a weeks worth of rice. So I always measure most of my food cooked. except my oatmeal.

so heres my numbers from the last 2 weeks. 226.4, 226.4, 227.0, 226.0, 226.0, 226.6, 227.6, 226.4, 226.2, 227.6, 227.4, 227.4, 226.6
    This is at 1800 cals. You think I should cut more? stay the same? increase?
    thx so much

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    so heres my numbers from the last 2 weeks. 226.4, 226.4, 227.0, 226.0, 226.0, 226.6, 227.6, 226.4, 226.2, 227.6, 227.4, 227.4, 226.6
    This is at 1800 cals. You think I should cut more? stay the same? increase?
    thx so much
    You are gaining about 0.5lb a week by those numbers. Subtract 500 from whatever you are eating now and see what happens.

It's better to measure rice uncooked since you don't know how much water it will absorb.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You are gaining about 0.5lb a week by those numbers. Subtract 500 from whatever you are eating now and see what happens.

It's better to measure rice uncooked since you don't know how much water it will absorb.
    are you guys measuring uncooked and then cooking it? ARe there several portions being cooked daily? If you do cook your rice in bulk, how do you portion it out after its done?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't pre-prepare meals but I don't see the complication...

Weigh the rice dry
    Use the dry weight numbers to calculate calories
    Cook it
    Divide it evenly into x portions. Divide the calories by x.

I don't pre-prepare meals but I don't see the complication...

Weigh the rice dry
    Use the dry weight numbers to calculate calories
    Cook it
    Divide it evenly into x portions. Divide the calories by x.
    I know this isnt enough data, but I wanted to get your guys take on this. starting monday 226, 227, 226.4, 226.4, 225.4, 224.8, 226.4, 227.2, 227.2.
    What's confusing me are the 225.4 and the 224.8. Those two numbers are the lowest Ive weighed since I started this journey. I know weight flucuations are normal, but its very rare that they go the other way (down) At least that low. What gives? Is that just part of weight flucuation or is that real weight loss? after weeks of hanging in the 226 and 227's, to see it drop below 225 so rapidly is weird to me. Just to have it level off back at 226 and higher.

No, it's not really enough but I ran it anyway and you are getting 0.4 lbs gain per week.

But then I added the previous readings and it is actually pretty flat. Just shows the problem of small sample errors. You are at maintenance on average IMO.

No, it's not really enough but I ran it anyway and you are getting 0.4 lbs gain per week.

But then I added the previous readings and it is actually pretty flat. Just shows the problem of small sample errors. You are at maintenance on average IMO.
    What do you make of the 2 days dropping unusually low? In my case my weight seems to always trend up if its going to move at all. Only a few times do I ever see a drop as drastic as that. Is it normal to drop to your lowest weight ever then jump back up to normal? I guess I was wondering if this is something you see often and do you ignore it? To me it makes sense for weight to move up, added water, carbs, bloat...all those things, that makes sense to me so I try not to over think those. But my weight drops to the lowest point Ive been for a month for 2 days then levels off again...it seems weird to me. Its not like I was dehydrated those days or anything. My schedule is pretty fixed. What during those days would make me be lighter? I think these are the things that drive people crazy and cause them to fail, so Im trying to understand it better so Im not emotionally effected so much.

Water weight doesn't only go up. Some things act as diuretics and make you drop water. Sometimes it happens for no discernible reason. Like I said, those variances don't look unreasonable.

Worry more about the trend - not the noise if you are looking for results.