XnosMicke is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Pelvis pain after adjustment from a sports masseur, please help.

Hi,

(Excuse my english, it's not my native language)
    I went to a sports masseur because of stiffness in my left erector. He said that my pelvis was uneven and that he could fix it which would remove the pain coming from my erector during squats and deadlifts.

I layed down on my stomach and he layed 2 fingers above my piriformis muscle and he pushed it down towards my feet. There was a loud crack, he then said: " This will now fix your problem within a few weeks of rest. "

Happy as I was leaving the appointment I now rested for bout 2 weeks, I then started doing light squats and deadlifts which was fine. I went up to 50-60% after 4 weeks and then I felt my entire pelvis burning midlift. I had a hard time reaching the weights on the floor and I couldn't do it without pain, bending backwards was awfuly painful. I couldn't persue my lifting so I went on doing accessories, I noticed doing chin ups there was a high pain in my pelvis/piriformis area where he re-adjusted something.

I went to a chiropractor recently about this and he said he can't find anything wrong with my back nor pelvis. It's all straight and my legs are equally long.

The pain is in my entire pelvis and goes down to my left cheek(close to illiac spine). It feels like a burn/sharp pain and it gets worse if I continue to workout the area. I get a hard time bending, which I normally NEVER would, I am very flexible.
    The pain subsides 80% after a few days of resting but I can still feel it's there. I tried to push it alilbit again, but it comes back after one heavier set which means I can't sleep, walk or workout due to pain.
    Before this adjustment I would never have any pain in my pelvis or hip, at all.

Anyone know what the issue could be?
    What's causing the pain and what can I do to fix it?

Thank you for any tip that you may have!!

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sounds like you went to a chiropractor who injured you. I'd see an actual sports medicine doctor or orthopedist. I'm not saying all chiropractors are bad, and some do things really well, but for many a lot of what they do has a potential for causing injury with little or no evidence of possible benefit.

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Sounds like you went to a chiropractor who injured you. I'd see an actual sports medicine doctor or orthopedist. I'm not saying all chiropractors are bad, and some do things really well, but for many a lot of what they do has a potential for causing injury with little or no evidence of possible benefit.
    Thank you so much for your response!
    Yea he hurt me pretty bad. I booked an appointment tomorrow with a naprapath before your response because I didn't know what else to do. Do you think that's a bad idea?

I will definitely check out an orthopedist asap.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't think a naprapath will fix your problem but they may help with pain relief, just don't let them do any jerky movements with your body. An orthopedist is definitely the way to go.

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I don't think a naprapath will fix your problem but they may help with pain relief, just don't let them do any jerky movements with your body. An orthopedist is definitely the way to go.
    Hi, you're right.

He said that nothing was wrong with me, he assumed that my ligaments wern't capable of taking the weights yet and that I should lift easier and move up progressly.
    I've tried to squat with 30% and I don't feel anything, which is great. I do however feel some irritation when I do rotational movements, such as when I hollow my back in a bench press or standing up.

The pain comes around " greater sciatic notch " .. lil irritational signals at times.

Do you recommend me to seek an orthopedist still? Or shall I see if I can recover without it?

Thanks for your tips!!

isand is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by XnosMicke View Post
    Hi,

(Excuse my english, it's not my native language)
    I went to a sports masseur because of stiffness in my left erector. He said that my pelvis was uneven and that he could fix it which would remove the pain coming from my erector during squats and deadlifts.

I layed down on my stomach and he layed 2 fingers above my piriformis muscle and he pushed it down towards my feet. There was a loud crack, he then said: " This will now fix your problem within a few weeks of rest. "

Happy as I was leaving the appointment I now rested for bout 2 weeks, I then started doing light squats and deadlifts which was fine. I went up to 50-60% after 4 weeks and then I felt my entire pelvis burning midlift. I had a hard time reaching the weights on the floor and I couldn't do it without pain, bending backwards was awfuly painful. I couldn't persue my lifting so I went on doing accessories, I noticed doing chin ups there was a high pain in my pelvis/piriformis area where he re-adjusted something.

I went to a chiropractor recently about this and he said he can't find anything wrong with my back nor pelvis. It's all straight and my legs are equally long.

The pain is in my entire pelvis and goes down to my left cheek(close to illiac spine). It feels like a burn/sharp pain and it gets worse if I continue to workout the area. I get a hard time bending, which I normally NEVER would, I am very flexible.
    The pain subsides 80% after a few days of resting but I can still feel it's there. I tried to push it alilbit again, but it comes back after one heavier set which means I can't sleep, walk or workout due to pain.
    Before this adjustment I would never have any pain in my pelvis or hip, at all.

Anyone know what the issue could be?
    What's causing the pain and what can I do to fix it?

Thank you for any tip that you may have!!
    Better dont go again to these guys, because it will be a lotery, you will never know if someone are doing experiments with you. Better stick to chinese medicine and acunpuncture, they re less invadive, no risks and its miracle for muscles and artculations. I know people with hernias who solved there problem with it. Also I had a trapezius horrible tendinite and was solved 80% in one session, 100% with around 5 sessions. So may be you try this to solve your new problem now.

Also you should try curcumina with pepper, take for a whole month, I also solved my jaw chronic pain with that. I did a magnetic ressonance after and there was no more signs of inflamation bones or muscles.

Dont know whats hapening with massages, I did also one soft relaxing massage for stress, the next day Ive got a weird tension in midle of my back and my left leg kind of freezed.
    Also I know avperson who broke her arm in a physioterapy session, so Im not trusting no one touching my body.