staticmaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Help Ate bad food with bad results

Hi. I joined this group just to ask a question. It sounds a bit funny but it’s also serious and has me a little worried. I don’t know much about working out, calories, nutrition, and things like that. So I figure to get an expert opinion I'd come here and ask those of you with more knowledge than I if you have any answers that could help me. Thank you in advance.

I’m 50 and I’ve always been an average build person with good muscle to fat ratio and pretty solid. Well, about 2 months ago I bought 2 or 3 family size packages of k**bler chunky chocolate chip cookies and went on a massive non-stop cookie-eating binge---- eating them all in about 2-3 days. I don’t usually do this but they were really tasty.

The day after I finished them, I felt internally backed up and had a protruding belly and I wasn’t feeling so good. The bulge was at and just below my belly button. I figured that in a few days this will be over and I’ll be back to normal.

Well, almost 2 months have passed and that bulge is still there along with the protruding feeling. I can actually feel my stomach touching my legs when I’m sitting on a chair and leaning over to tie my shoes. This is a new and scary feeling to me since I’ve never felt it before and it is a sign of something that has changed my body. It also appears to have created fat in other places as well and there are a few puffy areas where there has not been any in the past. I really don’t like this and feel real bad for folks who battle with this on the regular IF in fact this is a fat scenario that I have created.

Could a cookie eating binge cause this so rapidly?

Could this be as simple as I developed a bunch of fat from the binging incident and must undergo some nutritional and/or exercise to get rid of whatever this is? Could my age have something to do with this and the cookie eating binge? Could this have been a perfect storm of factors (age, fat, no exercise)?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not sure how many calories it was, but i find it hard to believe you gained more than 3-5 pounds from eating all that

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well it could have been worse, you could have eaten them all in 2-3 hours.

Over 2-3 days I really don't think it will have done much at all. This bulge and protruding feeling probably have nothing to do with the cookies. Sounds more like a hernia or something, but perhaps you should get it checked out.