Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Restaurant Chains You Used to Love but Now Hate

I walked by a Subway today and thought about how it used to easily be one of my favorite places to eat, but now my brain doesn't even register it as food. The quality of their food just fell off a cliff in the last few years, & for awhile the only thing I'd ever consider getting was their HNNNNG cookies. Now even their cookies are no longer baked fresh. With no cookies it's just not even an option now, particularly when there's so many amazing alternatives for subs &/or cookies these days. I'd also add:

KFC- KFC was my favorite place to go for dinner as a kid, and me and my family ate their multiple nights per week. One day though, I just really noticed how hard it was to stomach all the grease and salt, and I really lost a taste for it. Throw in the fact that I no longer eat meat, & I'd really only eat their biscuits these days (those things actually are still really damn good).

Chipotle - I loved it for awhile but now I just associate that place with massive amounts of bloat & stomach aches. Idk if I've ever left that place feeling good. Their quality also seems to have declined over the years.

Anyone have any other restaurants to add that they no longer enjoy?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    I walked by a Subway today and thought about how it used to easily be one of my favorite places to eat, but now my brain doesn't even register it as food. The quality of their food just fell off a cliff in the last few years, & for awhile the only thing I'd ever consider getting was their HNNNNG cookies. Now even their cookies are no longer baked fresh. With no cookies it's just not even an option now, particularly when there's so many amazing alternatives for subs &/or cookies these days. I'd also add:

KFC- KFC was my favorite place to go for dinner as a kid, and me and my family ate their multiple nights per week. One day though, I just really noticed how hard it was to stomach all the grease and salt, and I really lost a taste for it. Throw in the fact that I no longer eat meat, & I'd really only eat their biscuits these days (those things actually are still really damn good).

Chipotle - I loved it for awhile but now I just associate that place with massive amounts of bloat & stomach aches. Idk if I've ever left that place feeling good. Their quality also seems to have declined over the years.

Anyone have any other restaurants to add that they no longer enjoy?
    Dude, agreed on subway... EXCEPT the cookies.

That being said, to be honest, there's not many 'fast food' places I like at ALL now...

But I'd say the worst offenders are:

Jack in Box (used to LOVE the sourdough jack and bacon ultimate cheeseburger)
    KFC (definitely agree here)
    A&W (i used to love the fake, plasticy cheese fries... which now are just nauseating to think about)
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Dude, agreed on subway... EXCEPT the cookies.

That being said, to be honest, there's not many 'fast food' places I like at ALL now...

But I'd say the worst offenders are:

Jack in Box (used to LOVE the sourdough jack and bacon ultimate cheeseburger)
    KFC (definitely agree here)
    A&W (i used to love the fake, plasticy cheese fries... which now are just nauseating to think about)
    I'm the same way with fast food in general tbh. i don't really ever eat it anymore, but these were the biggest turns for me. Also, have you had the Subway cookies in the last year? They fell off during covid.

Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Birthday parties used to be the **** here

On the flip side, I used to hate places like this, but now they're my favorite fast food

► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm the same way with fast food in general tbh. i don't really ever eat it anymore, but these were the biggest turns for me. Also, have you had the Subway cookies in the last year? They fell off during covid.
    I haven’t no… that’s a crying shame
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Birthday parties used to be the **** here

On the flip side, I used to hate places like this, but now they're my favorite fast food

LMAO that giant rat in the costume & the creepy robot band always scared me, so CEC was out even as a kid for me. The playground was really damn solid tho.

Also, I haven't had it in years, but Panera's pretty damn good.

I haven’t no… that’s a crying shame
    Yea. I srsly almost cried. OG Subway cookies were the absolute BEST! I hope they bring them back

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    can’t even stomach the smell of walking past a Subway with the doors shut

chilis and applebees, used to like, but now the chicken tastes like a salty piece of rubber

won’t even eat chain pizza if its free, except maybe Round Table.

i like the taste of stuff at Chipotle, but it gives me a stomach ache. especially the chicken and the beans. not sure why. local taco shops don’t make me sick like chipotle even if i use a bunch of hot sauces etc, not sure what it is.
    Last edited by desslok; 07-23-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Olive Garden

Subway and Chipotle were always gross.

I still love McDonalds though.
    no pics

never any pics

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    chilis and applebees, used to like, but now the chicken tastes like a salty piece of rubber

Subways all have that same distinctive smell...wtf even is that?! Bread...?...Yoga matts?...Deception?

Seconded on Chilis & Applebees. I used to love them and they fell-off HARD in quality. I'm also the same way with chain pizza. I can't even do it anymore. I've never tried Round Table though.

Originally Posted by Silencespeaks View Post
    Olive Garden
    Same. I used to love OG, but I don't ever even consider it now.

Olive Garden

Subway and Chipotle were always gross.

McDonald’s is the grossest of those choices.

ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i went through a phase where i loved taco bell years back, haven't eaten there in a good 5 years now. used to love trying whatever terrible new item of the month they'd have just to try. all were bad.

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    McDonald’s is the grossest of those choices.
    It's weird... It's like, intellectually and in your best judgment you know it's pretty legitimately gross, but eating it is like crack and satisfies something. I bet Snails has a similar take. Their fries are addicting but I find them easy to ignore. Not especially a fan of the McNuggets but the McDouble is the real temptation for me.

Golden Corral, to answer the thread. When I was a little kid going to Golden Corral was a euphoric treat (probably just because of the concept of it being some food palace being "fun" more than the food itself). Now I realize it's just a bunch of cheap volume food.

Also, Chilis. Had some birthdays there as a little kid and the original chicken crispers were awesome, the way they were breaded without being battered. Not super incredible these days.

Favorites remain the cookie-cutter Tex-Mex restaurants and a few good corner restaurants run by ex-patriots of their respective cuisines.

Seems like most of the former appeal has more to do with childhood memories and the associated excitement than the actual dining itself.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got bad food poisoning from subway during fukking finals freshman year in college. Had to take the tests with it. Haven't touched it since.

Registered User SmashinYoungVag's Avatar
    SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SmashinYoungVag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chipotle in like 2010 was goat. Burritos packed to the gills with 4x the steak you get now. And it was way fresher. For the half the price you pay now

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    It's weird... It's like, intellectually and in your best judgment you know it's pretty legitimately gross, but eating it is like crack and satisfies something. I bet Snails has a similar take. Their fries are addicting but I find them easy to ignore. Not especially a fan of the McNuggets but the McDouble is the real temptation for me.

Golden Corral, to answer the thread. When I was a little kid going to Golden Corral was a euphoric treat (probably just because of the concept of it being some food palace being "fun" more than the food itself). Now I realize it's just a bunch of cheap volume food.

Also, Chilis. Had some birthdays there as a little kid and the original chicken crispers were awesome, the way they were breaded without being battered. Not super incredible these days.

Favorites remain the cookie-cutter Tex-Mex restaurants and a few good corner restaurants run by ex-patriots of their respective cuisines.

Seems like most of the former appeal has more to do with childhood memories and the associated excitement than the actual dining itself.
    Only thing I can stand at McDonald’s is the vanilla cone and the apple pie

Everything else is vile to me…

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)

Assuming the ice cream machine isn't broken...
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    i went through a phase where i loved taco bell years back, haven't eaten there in a good 5 years now. used to love trying whatever terrible new item of the month they'd have just to try. all were bad.
    i grew up eating real mexican food cooked by my mom from mexico, so Taco Bell has always been a treat since it tastes absolutely nothing like Mexican food. but when i eat it now i get explosive diarrhea the next day. but i still love the flavors and textures.

oh forgot some more:

Panda Express. loved their orange chicken in high school. now I gross out trying to chew the “chicken”. has the texture of mechnically seperated chicken that wasn’t good enough for dog food and got tossed aside.

PF Changs: used to be pretty good with decent portions for a decent price. now the prices have about doubled on many items and they cut the portion sizes almost in half. they try to fake you out by using different plates and take out cartons. they don’t even give you normal take out boxes, they have these lame plastic trays that look more like high school lunch, barely enough room for a scoop of rice
    Last edited by desslok; 07-23-2021 at 10:02 PM.

EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000) EiFit91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This. Though I haven’t tried crack I found that comment very relatable

Interestingly I don’t like Burger King at all (why the damn seeds on the burger bread??) and as a kid we always went to McDonald’s instead. Maybe there is something to the childhood memory explanation.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i like the taste of stuff at Chipotle, but it gives me a stomach ache. especially the chicken and the beans. not sure why.
    It's the e coli.

Subways all have that same distinctive smell...wtf even is that?! Bread...?...Yoga matts?...Deception?
    That lingering smell that also let you know someone ate Subway in the last 12 hours disappeared when they stopped putting yoga mats in the bread.

i went through a phase where i loved taco bell years back, haven't eaten there in a good 5 years now.
    Last time I got Taco Bell was about 10 years ago specifically to try the Doritos Locos Tacos. Not gonna lie, pretty tasty. Still haven't eaten there since.

I wouldn't call it love, but drive through / service area Mickey D's is still my go to on long drives. It's not even on the menu anymore in most places, but always get the 2 Cheeseburger Meal.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Subway - it was never my favourite but I wouldn't even consider it now.

McDonalds - I wouldn't say I hate it and I still eat it, but at one time it's something I would eat twice a week. Now I have it perhaps every couple or months or so mainly because my kids still love it. It's not something I particularly look forward to and I don't find it very satisfying now.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LMAO that giant rat in the costume & the creepy robot band always scared me, so CEC was out even as a kid for me. The playground was really damn solid tho.

Also, I haven't had it in years, but Panera's pretty damn good.

Yea. I srsly almost cried. OG Subway cookies were the absolute BEST! I hope they bring them back
    sorry port of subs has better cookies
    Wincel and SS crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    They’re more like baked frisbees made of dough

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Olive Garden (Did they change their breadsticks, I swear they used to be better)
    Mcdonalds- I would get the nuggets and fries like once a week, but their chicken is as fake as can be, tatses like rubber. ( Their breakfast/hashbrowns and Ice cream is the only thing I will get)
    Dunkin donuts- (krispy Kreme is a much better alternative)
    panera bread- overpriced
    White Castle- Crinkle cut fries are the worst cut of fries(always too much potato/taste mushy, I prefer crisper types of fries)

On the Flipside as I kid I only ordered chicken tenders & fries wherever I ate. (I was scared to try seafood and only ate steak here or there)
    so so resturants I like now that I used to dislike are:

-Red lobster
    -Outback steakhouse
    - Arbys
    - Culvers
    -TGI Fridays
    - Bdubs
    -Bears- -Blackhawks- -Bulls- -Whitesox-
    2015 NXT WBG Gold Medalist---- 2015 WWE WBG Bronze Medalist
    #1 in the World for Modern Warfare 3 in Demolition
    Former Halo 3 Pro Gamer
    #1 In class in High School
    NO Count Crew

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just curious: do you guys order the same thing every time you go to a restaurant chain/ fast food? Or do you try something different? What's your go to orders now in days?
    -Bears- -Blackhawks- -Bulls- -Whitesox-
    2015 NXT WBG Gold Medalist---- 2015 WWE WBG Bronze Medalist
    #1 in the World for Modern Warfare 3 in Demolition
    Former Halo 3 Pro Gamer
    #1 In class in High School
    NO Count Crew

Originally Posted by SuperHippo View Post
    Just curious: do you guys order the same thing every time you go to a restaurant chain/ fast food? Or do you try something different? What's your go to orders now in days?
    kind of depends on where and what i am in the mood for. like for example at a local taco shop i almost always get either a carne asada burrito or california burrito. when I goto cheesecake factory i try a lot of various things, but i do have a few go-tos. at In n Out its basically double double animal style and fries well done and a chocolate shake.

I used to like TB as a kid, but I've never once eaten there without horribly chitting myself. NGL, those cinnamon twist things are still pretty damn good tho

I do NOT get the appeal of McDonald's. The last time I ate regular food from there, I enjoyed the first bite & hated the third. I also felt like I could digest a car battery in the time it took me to feel ok after my Egg McMuffin.

Originally Posted by bigcat3655 View Post
    Got bad food poisoning from subway during fukking finals freshman year in college. Had to take the tests with it. Haven't touched it since.
    Weird...Ik tons of people that good food poisoning from Subway. I never did, but I did get terrible food poisoning after Burger King as a kid. I shoulda saw it coming cuz my burger patty was legitimately half green. I was SO hungry so I ate it anyway because I often went the entire day without food until school got out. Funny enough, I still ate there on many occasions and never even thought about the offensive meal. I would never eat there now though.
    Originally Posted by SmashinYoungVag View Post
    Chipotle in like 2010 was goat. Burritos packed to the gills with 4x the steak you get now. And it was way fresher. For the half the price you pay now
    I do believe their quality slipped.

100% same. After you told me about it, I recently tried them & LOVED them as a combo

can’t even stomach the smell of walking past a Subway with the doors shut

i like the taste of stuff at Chipotle, but it gives me a stomach ache. especially the chicken and the beans. not sure why. local taco shops don’t make me sick like chipotle even if i use a bunch of hot sauces etc, not sure what it is.
    I'm the same way with Chili's and Applebee's. I loved them as a kid but they fell off HARD. I've never had Round Table, but I also no longer fuk with chain pizza.

Also, +1 on Chipotle. It always left me feeling horrible.

oh forgot some more:

Panda Express. loved their orange chicken in high school. now I gross out trying to chew the “chicken”. has the texture of mechnically seperated chicken that wasn’t good enough for dog food and got tossed aside.

PF Changs: used to be pretty good with decent portions for a decent price. now the prices have about doubled on many items and they cut the portion sizes almost in half. they try to fake you out by using different plates and take out cartons. they don’t even give you normal take out boxes, they have these lame plastic trays that look more like high school lunch, barely enough room for a scoop of rice
    I'm the same way with PE. I used to love it as a kid but now I wouldn't even consider it food. That's a major bummer about PF Chang's though. I actually love that place & ate there a lot in the past. I haven't had it post-covid, but it's sad to hear all that

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Interestingly I don’t like Burger King at all (why the damn seeds on the burger bread??) and as a kid we always went to McDonald’s instead. Maybe there is something to the childhood memory explanation.
    It's gotta be nostalgia. Their food is objectively low-quality trash.
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree but...
    They’re more like baked frisbees made of dough
    this. HNNNNG!

@ SuperHippo...DD was always SO damn inferior to KK. DD donuts fuking suck. Always have. Their coffee drinks are also inferior to every other chain imo. I actually also almost never eat Panera anymore even though I like it because it's so overpriced.

What are everyone's thoughts on breakfast places? I always thought Denny's was complete garbage. IHOP has been really inconsistent for me over the years, but I would definitely still eat there because it's generally good. First Watch is the gold-standard. Almost every meal I've ever had there has been great.