scumpxharry is on a distinguished road. (+10)

need to recover 2 pounds of muscle loss in last month

I moved recently and between the travel days where I did not work out, and getting used to the new situation, I messed up and did not eat enough, and now have lost around 2 pounds of muscle, which seems fairly noticeable in my arms and quads/inner thighs. I feel really disappointed in myself and am looking to gain it back as quickly as possible. What do you guys recommend, a surplus of 500 calories and as much protein as possible until I can gain it back?

ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scumpxharry View Post
    I moved recently and between the travel days where I did not work out, and getting used to the new situation, I messed up and did not eat enough, and now have lost around 2 pounds of muscle, which seems fairly noticeable in my arms and quads/inner thighs. I feel really disappointed in myself and am looking to gain it back as quickly as possible. What do you guys recommend, a surplus of 500 calories and as much protein as possible until I can gain it back?
    sounds about right, you'll likely rebound faster and gain it back before then at 500.

keep water intake and electrolytes high. lift lots. you know the answer.

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    sounds about right, you'll likely rebound faster and gain it back before then at 500.

keep water intake and electrolytes high. lift lots. you know the answer.
    Thanks for the input. To clarify, do you mean that with the right approach, I can gain it back faster than it took me to get it in the first place, or that with the right approach, I can gain back the 2 pounds in a month or less?

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the input. To clarify, do you mean that with the right approach, I can gain it back faster than it took me to get it in the first place, or that with the right approach, I can gain back the 2 pounds in a month or less?
    its highly doubtful you lost anywhere near that much muscle that quick. the majority is mostly water weight, drinking enough water, eating carbs and sodium will likely get you back to wherr you were in a couple days. you did however probably lose some strength. but don’t rush into lifting what you were before or you may risk a an injury.
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    its highly doubtful you lost anywhere near that much muscle that quick. the majority is mostly water weight, drinking enough water, eating carbs and sodium will likely get you back to wherr you were in a couple days. you did however probably lose some strength. but don’t rush into lifting what you were before or you may risk a an injury.
    I was just going off what my vitagoods body analyzer scale said.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah... don't trust any of those scales when it comes to muscle/fat/water measurements

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    those are basically carnival devices. if the relative humidity in the air is different that day, or your skin is moister from a shower, or sweating from the heat, or you drank more water, or 50 other variables they will give you different readings.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, and those aren't accurate at all.

Everyone thinks lean body mass means muscle only.

That's what these things are often measuring - lean body mass.

Lean body mass accounts for everything but fat - muscle, fluids, bones, organs, blood etc.

Obviously bones and organs aren't changing, but there are still many factors that can change the reading on those scales.

I bet you'd get a different reading every day if you did it every day.

But like someone else said, don't jump right back into lifting as heavy as you were. Same goes for volume. Ease into it.

Calorie surplus of 300-500.

Any lost muscle, if you did lose any, will come back quick.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the Facebook Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.facebook.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8jYRGthLppGdQhf8mw5Mg

Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    Yeah, and those aren't accurate at all.

Everyone thinks lean body mass means muscle only.

That's what these things are often measuring - lean body mass.

Lean body mass accounts for everything but fat - muscle, fluids, bones, organs, blood etc.

Obviously bones and organs aren't changing, but there are still many factors that can change the reading on those scales.

I bet you'd get a different reading every day if you did it every day.

But like someone else said, don't jump right back into lifting as heavy as you were. Same goes for volume. Ease into it.

Calorie surplus of 300-500.

Any lost muscle, if you did lose any, will come back quick.
    I've been doing it first thing every morning for the last 4 days(after a pee) and the muscle mass numbers have been within .4 pounds of each other. Overall it seems a higher body weight leads to a slightly higher body fat and muscle mass on the scale's reading, not sure how accurate it really is, like you say. I do think, however, that even though it may not be accurate, it seems pretty precise, and thus at least somewhat useful for tracking changes in body composition.

All told, I am going to stick to the small surplus and ease back into it, as you say. It will be interesting to see what the scale readings say over the next month or so.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    yeah... don't trust any of those scales when it comes to muscle/fat/water measurements
    I think it is possible that I lost some, based on just looking in the mirror, but I could be wrong, and a lot of people seem to agree with you about those scales.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been doing it first thing every morning for the last 4 days(after a pee) and the muscle mass numbers have been within .4 pounds of each other. Overall it seems a higher body weight leads to a slightly higher body fat and muscle mass on the scale's reading, not sure how accurate it really is, like you say. I do think, however, that even though it may not be accurate, it seems pretty precise, and thus at least somewhat useful for tracking changes in body composition.

All told, I am going to stick to the small surplus and ease back into it, as you say. It will be interesting to see what the scale readings say over the next month or so.
    It's not reliable or accurate at all... you're better off just ignoring it entirely.

None of those numbers mean anything at all.

The scale will just measure your weight... that's all.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

not sure how accurate it really is, like you say. I do think, however, that even though it may not be accurate, it seems pretty precise, and thus at least somewhat useful for tracking
    what if I told you that accurate and precise were synonyms?

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What happens to you if you don't recover the 2 lbs of muscle your scale says you lost?

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    What happens to you if you don't recover the 2 lbs of muscle your scale says you lost?
    he will forever be 2 lbs farther from Mr Olympia