klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Eating fat for fat loss?

Looking at my cutting plan, I'd get:
    Fat 69 gram
    Carbs 235 gram
    Protein 143 gram

I usually break the budget in the evening. Thinking it's easier to sleep on a full stomach, so I have oats. Like 900 kcal of it (yeah). Kinda wonder if eating fatter foods throughout the day would stave off the food cravings come evening. My budget is 2300 kcal, but I guess I eat 900+ more than that on average. My body fat percentage is stable but too high. Been so for over a year. Any advice to keep the evening cravings away is welcome.

JonGomez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by klbbr View Post
    Looking at my cutting plan, I'd get:
    Fat 69 gram
    Carbs 235 gram
    Protein 143 gram

I usually break the budget in the evening. Thinking it's easier to sleep on a full stomach, so I have oats. Like 900 kcal of it (yeah). Kinda wonder if eating fatter foods throughout the day would stave off the food cravings come evening. My budget is 2300 kcal, but I guess I eat 900+ more than that on average. My body fat percentage is stable but too high. Been so for over a year. Any advice to keep the evening cravings away is welcome.
    When eating for fat loss the best protocols will be:

Ketogenic diet
    Cyclical ketogenic diet
    Carbohydrate cycles

How long you spend in each phase depends on how low your blood sugar goes down, do you use HRV variability as well?

Calories in and out plays a huge role obviously, however so does the type of foods your having and when your having them. Going through the hunger is all part of it, especially if you like food.

Suppressing grhelin hormone goes part with those 3 phases, however like I said mindset is huge. In any sport that is weight catagorie, I have never worked with anyone who doesn't get hungry by the end of the day that doesn't love food. They enjoy food, so for them it's harder, at times you just have to bite the bullet.

There are foods that show reduce ghrelin levels like healthier fattier foods, so adding fattier foods in the day as you suggested will help.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JonGomez View Post

Ketogenic diet
    Cyclical ketogenic diet
    Carbohydrate cycles

How long you spend in each phase depends on how low your blood sugar goes down, do you use HRV variability as well?

Calories in and out plays a huge role obviously, however so does the type of foods your having and when your having them. Going through the hunger is all part of it, especially if you like food.

Suppressing grhelin hormone goes part with those 3 phases, however like I said mindset is huge. In any sport that is weight catagorie, I have never worked with anyone who doesn't get hungry by the end of the day that doesn't love food. They enjoy food, so for them it's harder, at times you just have to bite the bullet.

There are foods that show reduce ghrelin levels like healthier fattier foods, so adding fattier foods in the day as you suggested will help.
    there is no benefit to a KETO diet for Fatloss given that the weekly calories are the same as a carb inclusive diet. In the long run KETO is worse
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JonGomez View Post

Ketogenic diet
    Cyclical ketogenic diet
    Carbohydrate cycles.
    There are no "best" protocols for fat loss other than creating a sustained caloric deficit. Keto is not a magic bullet, and there's no advantage to cycling carbohydrates over a diet that includes a standard daily intake consisting of a moderate amount of carbs.

I'm not a fan of any of these types of diets because they lack the most important thing, which is a viable exit strategy. Most people go the keto route never learn how to actually moderate their macro intake because all they did was cut out carbs, which usually results in them failing massively and ending up with all the weight back on + more within a year of coming off of keto.

People need to learn that all macros have their place in a daily diet, and the sooner they can learn eat everything by training themselves to moderate their intake while remaining in a caloric deficit the more successful they will be.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ Yeah, that's something I've been curious about lately: why exactly ketogenic diets almost always rebound. Most likely it's just as you say, that the people utilizing them haven't instilled in their mind yet the truth that weight loss is a function of an energy equation, regardless of the macronutrient form that takes, and haven't quelled the binge eating they were essentially enabling themselves to continue doing by eliminating carbs.

However, whether or not they're aware that this is what's ultimately responsible for their fat loss, if they really are eating at a fairly considerable deficit for a long time and they lose 20 pounds of actual fat in addition to the noise/water weight that they would instantly regain once they resume eating normally again, gaining that back quickly is going to entail prodigious binging all the same. So theoretically, if a keto dieter really does understand that they will gain fat by eating above their TDEE, keto could still be a highly effective method for someone actually to get to their target weight. Eating at an actual maintenance afterwards should presumably be easier than dieting down with a deficit, with the caveat that they won't have instilled the habit. But nevertheless, not sure it deserves so much ill-repute if someone understands that it doesn't magically change the basic equation but is nevertheless possibly a very effective way to maintain a caloric deficit.

Thoughts?
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"