Thread: Workout program

codelino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Workout program

Hi guys!

I have the summer vacation from uni and i wanted to spend it with my parents cause im a family guy but i really saw some progress in the gym (context: my parents live in a somewhat rural area and there are no gyms) and i am unsure if i should sacrifice 2 months of progress in the gym for 2 months with my family (and also doing some calisthenics or something).

Couldn't find a specific forum area for this so it's kind of like already decided that i will go home and be away from the gym.

Do you guys think i should be able to at least retain what i gained or is it impossible? I just have 2x 10kg dumbells and dip bars so i am pretty limited on equipment.

I may be able to come up with new exercises but i dont really think it is enough for my body which is used to train 6 times a week in a real gym.

What are your thoughts and what workout plan would you consider if you were in my position?

I have about 5 months in the gym now, 175 cm tall and 80kg, i can see only the top two abs so i think i am 15%+ bodyfat for sure.

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What were your recent best numbers with some major lifts, by way of example?

Personally, I wouldn't recommend throwing away time with your family just to have access to a gym, especially if you don't get to see them much when school's in session.

Maintenance of strength is - I'm told and can testify to somewhat from experience - significantly less demanding than acquiring it, and even lost strength is regained more quickly than blazing the trail.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A good rule of thumb is:

Gains 2-3x a week

Maintenance at least 1x a week

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

codelino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    What were your recent best numbers with some major lifts, by way of example?

Personally, I wouldn't recommend throwing away time with your family just to have access to a gym, especially if you don't get to see them much when school's in session.

Maintenance of strength is - I'm told and can testify to somewhat from experience - significantly less demanding than acquiring it, and even lost strength is regained more quickly than blazing the trail.
    I don't know specifically what types of exercises you refer to by lifts but i will list some that come to mind.
    I don't do deadlifts or squats. I have an uncle that told me he needs help to move something big and back then i did not know about back posture when u lift.
    And i had back pains, like i got struck with pain when i was running or when i was laughing. Due to that i won't ever try to deadlift or squat.

Benchpress (flat) - 110lbs (the inclined and declined i use 66lbs for more reps and working other pec parts, but the flat i use for strength and size)
    Bicep curls - 40lbs
    Tricep extensions (at the cable machine and using a bar instead of rope) - 130lbs
    Standing Rows - 75lbs
    Leg press - 165lbs

Also i got another question, to your surprise i also don't do cardio and i was wondering if i would implement 30 mins of jump rope would it be beneficial?