Kokaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

18%BF to 10%BF. Fighting + bodybuilding. Need advice

Hi all.
    So Im trying to loose 8%BF preferably in 12 weeks.
    Heres the kick. I do 4, 80 minutes Muay Thai sessions a week directly followed by a upper/lower split.

If I where just lifting, I would know what to do but because I do 4 80 minute "cardio" sesdions a week, Im a little lost in how to diet to loose fat but keep the muscle.
    I cant do keto because it makes me way to tired when I fight so I have to have carbs.

Currently:
    2000-2500 kcal a day
    About 150g Protein
    Rest is carbs and fat.

Supplement with Creatine and trying Ashwadanga.

33yo
    6'1
    200lbs
    18%BF

Any ideas?
    Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Calorie level seems rather imprecise.

Make sure your counting is tight. Run a given calorie level for 2 weeks, weigh in every day. Look for the trend in the day to day noise.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your best bet would be to separate weight training and the fighting.

See if you can do them on separate days, and one day where you do both on the same day since you do 4 sessions of each. On that day, get lifting in first if that's your top priority.

If you can't do that, try to separate them as far as you can. One in the morning, one in the evening. If lifting is your top priority, then lift first, fight in the evening.

If you can't separate them, and lifting is top priority, lift first, fight right after. If you have some time between, I'd get a quick shake in that digests easily for you along with some highly branched cyclic dextrin. But you don't want a heavy shake and then try to go fight.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the Facebook Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.facebook.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8jYRGthLppGdQhf8mw5Mg

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Calorie level seems rather imprecise.

Make sure your counting is tight. Run a given calorie level for 2 weeks, weigh in every day. Look for the trend in the day to day noise.
    Thanks. I will start to logg the weight every day. The kcal spread comes from my Dinner. My wife cook for me so Im just eating what she is making so it varies. However its just healthy food. Protein, rice/potatoes and sallad.

Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    Your best bet would be to separate weight training and the fighting.

See if you can do them on separate days, and one day where you do both on the same day since you do 4 sessions of each. On that day, get lifting in first if that's your top priority.

If you can't do that, try to separate them as far as you can. One in the morning, one in the evening. If lifting is your top priority, then lift first, fight in the evening.

If you can't separate them, and lifting is top priority, lift first, fight right after. If you have some time between, I'd get a quick shake in that digests easily for you along with some highly branched cyclic dextrin. But you don't want a heavy shake and then try to go fight.
    Yeah this is the tricky bit. I lift in my Muay Thai gym. 2 days a week I have to lift right after fighting and 2 days a week I can lift just before the fighting. Currently, I have an EAA shake during the lifting session and an electrolyte shake during the fighting session because its so hot in there and I sweat probably 6-8lbs every time.
    Thanks for the advice of the Cyclic dextrine and the extra protein. Will bring them with me next time.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Kokaka View Post
    Thanks. I will start to logg the weight every day. The kcal spread comes from my Dinner. My wife cook for me so Im just eating what she is making so it varies. However its just healthy food. Protein, rice/potatoes and sallad.
    Try to at least work out the average. If it is say 2250 over a week then you will know based on your weight changes about where your maintenance or break-even calorie level is. This is a useful number to know for making later adjustments.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Try to at least work out the average. If it is say 2250 over a week then you will know based on your weight changes about where your maintenance or break-even calorie level is. This is a useful number to know for making later adjustments.
    Thats actually a very good idea. Thanks