514Donny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Obese man, taking actions looking for advices.

Hello BB.com folks!

Lately, i've decided to take actions towards my non-stop fat gain. I have been cutting all the sugar from my life-style, went from drinking 2-4 can of redbull daily ( Yeah, I know!)
    and eating more clean, including but not limited to, oats,eggs,veggies and meats. Of course I still indulge once in a while into the good stuff but with moderation, I do not think 3-4 cookies on a friday night is what would be holding me back this much.

I've also started a whole body workout routine mainly of compound movement, wich for the past 3 weeks i've been minimally going 4 times a week with a consistent effort, combining some mild cardio session of 15-20 minutes for the ''cool off'' after being done with my sets.

Sadly, after thoses changes I have not noticed a SINGLE POUND loss on the scale, so I decided to take further actions to monitor my situation with better accuracy.

Steps included the purchase of an intelligent scale, as well as counting my caloric intake, as I presume my portions, altho being healthy and whole foods, may have been too big. I also started using my fitness pal app, wich lets me track about all the info I need from the food I ingest.

As of writing this, I am sitting at 256.4 pounds for a 5ft10 height, hydratation levels are at 44%, Fat % is estimated by the scale at 31.3%, so losing weight is my primary goal, altho I am looking more at attempting a ''body recomp''

I estimated my maintenance to be roughly around 2.2k Calories daily, but would like some more experienced insight on the macros side as I know close to nothing about this part of nutrition.

My app estimates that I should be splitting my macros into a 50/30/20 ratio, being carbs/fat/proteins. I believe thoses to be wrong a bit when it comes to my goal of recomping my body, and would love some insight regarding this from maybe more advanced/used users!

Thanks in advance and cheers to you all!

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 514Donny View Post
    Hello BB.com folks!

Lately, i've decided to take actions towards my non-stop fat gain. I have been cutting all the sugar from my life-style, went from drinking 2-4 can of redbull daily ( Yeah, I know!)
    and eating more clean, including but not limited to, oats,eggs,veggies and meats. Of course I still indulge once in a while into the good stuff but with moderation, I do not think 3-4 cookies on a friday night is what would be holding me back this much.

I've also started a whole body workout routine mainly of compound movement, wich for the past 3 weeks i've been minimally going 4 times a week with a consistent effort, combining some mild cardio session of 15-20 minutes for the ''cool off'' after being done with my sets.

Sadly, after thoses changes I have not noticed a SINGLE POUND loss on the scale, so I decided to take further actions to monitor my situation with better accuracy.

Steps included the purchase of an intelligent scale, as well as counting my caloric intake, as I presume my portions, altho being healthy and whole foods, may have been too big. I also started using my fitness pal app, wich lets me track about all the info I need from the food I ingest.

As of writing this, I am sitting at 256.4 pounds for a 5ft10 height, hydratation levels are at 44%, Fat % is estimated by the scale at 31.3%, so losing weight is my primary goal, altho I am looking more at attempting a ''body recomp''

I estimated my maintenance to be roughly around 2.2k Calories daily, but would like some more experienced insight on the macros side as I know close to nothing about this part of nutrition.

My app estimates that I should be splitting my macros into a 50/30/20 ratio, being carbs/fat/proteins. I believe thoses to be wrong a bit when it comes to my goal of recomping my body, and would love some insight regarding this from maybe more advanced/used users!

Thanks in advance and cheers to you all!
    well now that you have started counting calories, how many calories were you eating before and how many are you eating now?
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

514Donny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    well now that you have started counting calories, how many calories were you eating before and how many are you eating now?
    The calories tracking just started this week, but I seem to maintain at anything between 1900 to 2000 calories daily.

As far as I much I was ingesting before, I did not try to count them, as my diet was pretty garbage, was working as a delivery guy so fast food chains were my go to, as well as the redbulls, but just from the daily energy drink i was getting close to 600 calories and 150-200 grms of sugar DAILY. Add to this the McDonalds and TimHortons breakfast. If I had to ball park it, I would of been ingesting in the high 3000 calories daily. Being a tim breakfast is 540, and 3 McDoubles is 1200, then i,d have a supper and some cookies,ice cream,brownies name it.

Hope that answers your question