Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cutting results?

I'm on my first real cut. I tried one this time last year but it flopped.

I've been cutting for give or take 4 weeks now. I started at 90kg and am now just over 85kg. I am 5'9 and my 1RM stats are

Bench: 65kg
    Squat: 110kg
    DL: 150kg

I know I need to cut bodyfat based on my image and lifting stats at my weight.

I've been strict. I'm eating 1700 cals a day, sometimes a 100 or so less. 165g protein every day, no processed foods. Porridge for breakfast, turkey/chicken breast and broccoli for dinner(1hr after the gym), 2scoops whey + 1/2 pint skimmed milk straight after workout(50g protein 300cals) and a Lucozade sport before/during workout for the energy(120cal). I lift intensely 3 days a week with a push/pull/legs split. I always start with the main compounds and minimise using machines unless my muscles are too fatigued for free weights. I alternate between heavy and light to let my CNS recover.

I look in the mirror and things don't look like they've changed much. I feel like I've lost some hip fat, and like my lateral delts are coming out slightly more, but I can't see much difference around the stomach area. Regardless I am going to carry on because I feel a lot healthier and patience is key. But from progress pics I see I feel like I should at least be getting some ab visibility by now. I plan to stop cutting when I'm happy with my bodyfat level. That'll probably be when I can see my abs at least.

tldr how much progress should I have seen in 4 weeks on a 1700 cal, very strict diet with no slip ups? I am also of Scottish heritage and have pale skin so I don't know whether or not that makes definition harder to see.
    5'9 180lbs/82k

Bench - 70kg/154lb

Squat - 105kg/231lb

Deadlift - 145kg/320lb

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    1700 is pretty low, I don't recommend trying to lose more than 1% per week.

You can ignore the first weeks weight changes and just use the other data to approximate your rate of loss

Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    1700 is pretty low, I don't recommend trying to lose more than 1% per week.

You can ignore the first weeks weight changes and just use the other data to approximate your rate of loss
    It feels like I struggle to drop fat even at 1700 calories. Regardless I'm able to get enough food in with 1700 cal and I just cut out processed foods/sugars completely. A little hunger at night helps me visualise the fat burning and stay on track.

If it's around 12% bodyfat you start to see abs, should it be around 8-10 weeks before I get to that level?
    5'9 180lbs/82k

Bench - 70kg/154lb

Squat - 105kg/231lb

Deadlift - 145kg/320lb

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    5kg in 4 weeks - doesn't sounds like struggling.

My advice it don't plan too far ahead, it's almost impossible to get an accurate BF% measurement (so I can't give you an answer about how long 12% will take), you usually have more fat than you think and progress usually slows during the diet and hunger increases. As long as you are consistent, just be patient and take what you get.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    5kg in 4 weeks - doesn't sounds like struggling.

My advice it don't plan too far ahead, it's almost impossible to get an accurate BF% measurement (so I can't give you an answer about how long 12% will take), you usually have more fat than you think and progress usually slows during the diet and hunger increases. As long as you are consistent, just be patient and take what you get.
    Ok, thanks. I'm just playing it by eye until I'm happy with where I'm at. I'm not really doing anything wrong diet or training wise so it's just patience like you say. Just needed that first time reassurance.
    5'9 180lbs/82k

Bench - 70kg/154lb

Squat - 105kg/231lb

Deadlift - 145kg/320lb