Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does this look right to you guys???

Hey everyone,
    I think Im chasing my tail as I still cannot figure out why this last 10lbs will not go!!!

So Im 5'2", 41 and currently weigh 154lbs I am around 33% body fat ( Really want to cry at that figure!) lol

So I weigh train 5 days a week
    Back/ Chest
    Bis/Tris
    Legs
    Shoulders

main 4 groups then add in cardio & Abs on non weight training days.

I have started using a well known app to track my calories and its giving me a daily goal of 1200 kcals which I think is a bit low on training days so I do flex this up to 1500 on training days and 1200 on non training days
    My split at the minutes is
    35% Protein ( 105g)
    30% Fat ( 40g)
    35% Carbs (105g)

Obviously I want to keep as much muscle mass as I can but I cannot seem to drop the last 10lbs...

Any ideas where I could tweek??
    Many thanks in advance

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    How long have you been accurately weighing and measuring to count your calorie intake with a reasonable degree of precision?

What is the average calorie intake during that time?

How much weight have you lost or gained in that time?

It all comes down to the numbers... not losing => reduce average intake - but the reason I ask the above questions is that you might actually be losing slowly and/or have not been accurately tracking for long enough to be able to expect to measure a difference that is large enough to stick its head above the day to day noise of water weight changes.

Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    How long have you been accurately weighing and measuring to count your calorie intake with a reasonable degree of precision?

What is the average calorie intake during that time?

How much weight have you lost or gained in that time?

It all comes down to the numbers... not losing => reduce average intake - but the reason I ask the above questions is that you might actually be losing slowly and/or have not been accurately tracking for long enough to be able to expect to measure a difference that is large enough to stick its head above the day to day noise of water weight changes.
    I was hoping it would be you to respond as I value your opinion. Ive been tracking it for about 4 months now and on average I consume 1300 kcals a day. I literally log & weigh everything. I make all my meals in advance so they are all weighed to my macro settings

Ive actually lost 3 stone in total but this last 10lbs is holding on for dear life! I have not moved, not even a 1 lbs in almost 3 months ( which then gets me thinking am I at maintenance???) but taking in less than 1300 kclas a day just seems too low???

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It does sound low. I remain sceptical that anyone's metabolism can reach that low a maintenance point.... but I'm prepared to be open minded.

I would suggest a diet break where you aim to slowly increase your calories without continued weight gain (there will be initial jump in your weight just because of eating more and storing more glycogen in the muscles etc).

Focus on making improvements in how much you lift - how many reps you can do with a certain weight or how much you can increase the weight. In other words, aim for muscle gain and see how much higher you can get your calories with reasonably stable weight.

Be warned, this needs to be just as controlled as when you diet - most people (me included) actually find maintenance after a diet to be harder because your body just wants to EAT.

It does sound low. I remain sceptical that anyone's metabolism can reach that low a maintenance point.... but I'm prepared to be open minded.

I would suggest a diet break where you aim to slowly increase your calories without continued weight gain (there will be initial jump in your weight just because of eating more and storing more glycogen in the muscles etc).

Focus on making improvements in how much you lift - how many reps you can do with a certain weight or how much you can increase the weight. In other words, aim for muscle gain and see how much higher you can get your calories with reasonably stable weight.

Be warned, this needs to be just as controlled as when you diet - most people (me included) actually find maintenance after a diet to be harder because your body just wants to EAT.
    That is really helpful, thank you! I will slowly increase and hold for 3 months, and see what happens and then increase again.
    I agree with you in that I dont believe anyone's maintenance level could be that low especially when lifting which is why I paused and thought, something isnt right.
    I will try your suggestion and see what happens....Thank you so much!

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would your say your tracking has to be off.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100) Whight7 is not very well liked. (-100)

very efficient