Thread: Bulk or cut

toastfingers is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bulk or cut

I am just wondering if I should bulk or cut at the moment or even eat at maintenance. I have been cutting for a while now and I think I am currently between 20-23% bodyfat. I am 6 foot and 185 pounds. My pictures are on my body space under the title gallery.
    Last edited by toastfingers; 07-08-2021 at 05:01 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you've been cutting for a while then maintenance for a period would be a good idea IMO. Focus on progress in the gym - more reps with the same weight, more weight or more sets in total per week - keep pushing the envelope.

If you can do that at maintenance then good. You shouldn't need a surplus at this point and not being able to progress without one is more likely a programming issue IMO.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you've been cutting for a while then maintenance for a period would be a good idea IMO. Focus on progress in the gym - more reps with the same weight, more weight or more sets in total per week - keep pushing the envelope.

If you can do that at maintenance then good. You shouldn't need a surplus at this point and not being able to progress without one is more likely a programming issue IMO.
    Would you build any muscle at maintenance and would you keep eating at maintenance until you stall and then go into a surplus.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by toastfingers View Post
    Would you build any muscle at maintenance and would you keep eating at maintenance until you stall and then go into a surplus.
    If you can keep making progress in the gym, that is a good sign that you are gaining muscle. This is possible even in a slight deficit and even for trained lifters.

Yes, you could do what you describe.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you can keep making progress in the gym, that is a good sign that you are gaining muscle. This is possible even in a slight deficit and even for trained lifters.

Yes, you could do what you describe.
    Ok I’ll do that then thanks for your help.