Registered User userJJGWUA5ODXK's Avatar
    userJJGWUA5ODXK is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nutritional advice

Hey I’m looking for some advice on my nutrition as I find it the hardest part.

Any advice before I start would be appreciated.

I’m currently 27 / 6’3 / 82.5kg / 20% body fat.

I work out 4 times a weeks,doing split. But I’m going to start upper/lower workout.

I need help as I think I’ve plateau due to nutrition.

I’ve planned to try this;

Breakfast: 567cals
    -Protein weetabix x3
    -Semi skimmed milk 150ml
    -Cashews 15g
    -Almonds 15g
    -Rasins 15g

Lunch: 531cals
    -Wholemeal Brown bread 95g (2slices)
    -Tuna on spring water 100g
    -Light Mayonnaise 30g
    -walkers crisps

Dinner: 780cal
    -Chicken breast 166g cooked
    -Boiled white rice 250g cooked
    -Broccoli 100g
    -Sweetcorn 80g
    -Peas 80g
    -Lindhals High protein yoghurt

Snack: 289 cal
    -My protein shake clear whey isolate
    -Tea x4
    -Water x 4litres

Overall 2166cals
    Macros:
    45% Carbs 219g
    23% Fats 50g
    32% Protein 156g

I was eating 1700cal a day which I know isn’t enough.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any help is appreciated

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I assume you are trying to lose fat? That would seem a reasonable calorie level for that purpose. Now you just have to run it for at least 2 weeks and monitor how your weight changes (look for the trend behind the day to day noise)

Don't use percentages for macros, it can mislead you when you change calorie intake - and can make it harder to hit exact numbers. You don't need to, just meet or exceed minimums for fat and protein.

Your fats (50g) are rather low, I would aim for 65g minimum.

The other aspects are less important (timing and other specifics)

Apart from that it may get a little boring and there is no reason to put up with that. Tweak it to get the same general macros and calories if you get fed up with it.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I assume you are trying to lose fat? That would seem a reasonable calorie level for that purpose. Now you just have to run it for at least 2 weeks and monitor how your weight changes (look for the trend behind the day to day noise)

Don't use percentages for macros, it can mislead you when you change calorie intake - and can make it harder to hit exact numbers. You don't need to, just meet or exceed minimums for fat and protein.

Your fats (50g) are rather low, I would aim for 65g minimum.

The other aspects are less important (timing and other specifics)

Apart from that it may get a little boring and there is no reason to put up with that. Tweak it to get the same general macros and calories if you get fed up with it.

I find it all very confusing, if I’m honest. From what I’ve read I need a deficit to loose body fat but I need a surplus in order to build muscle.

Id quiet like to lose body fat and go from 20 to 15-17 but I’d like tone up if that makes sense.

I think I’m struggling with progressing in the gym because I’m fatigued due what im eating.

I’m fairly new to forums and all the correct terms. So I’m sorry if it sounds odd.

Thank you

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by userJJGWUA5ODXK View Post
    I find it all very confusing, if I’m honest. From what I’ve read I need a deficit to loose body fat but I need a surplus in order to build muscle.

Id quiet like to lose body fat and go from 20 to 15-17 but I’d like tone up if that makes sense.

I think I’m struggling with progressing in the gym because I’m fatigued due what im eating.

I’m fairly new to forums and all the correct terms. So I’m sorry if it sounds odd.

Thank you
    No, you don't need to be in a surplus to build muscle BUT the lower your calories, the more chance there is that your progress will slow or stop. So being in a surplus is the kind of insurance policy we recommend to chronic under eaters.

You need to find a routine that allows you to progressively overload without going to hard and hitting a wall. It needs to be managed. What are you doing at the moment?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No, you don't need to be in a surplus to build muscle BUT the lower your calories, the more chance there is that your progress will slow or stop. So being in a surplus is the kind of insurance policy we recommend to chronic under eaters.

You need to find a routine that allows you to progressively overload without going to hard and hitting a wall. It needs to be managed. What are you doing at the moment?

Ahh that okay, at the moment I’m doing a split Monday-arms Tuesday-legs weds-rest thurs-chest Friday-rest sat-back/shoulder sun-cardio. I was progressively overloading but now I seem to have hit a max and haven’t been able to add any more weight in about 3/4weeks.

I’m know they’re rough estimates but I have a set of smart scales. My weight (82.5kg) , body fat (20.6%) and muscle mass (62kg) just isn’t changing, it’s been the same for a while.

Once a week per bodypart is pretty suboptimal. Don't try to roll your own, benefit from the knowledge and experience of an expert - and do an expert designed routine like one of the ones in the Workout Programs forum sticky threads.

almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100) almalakyroyal is not very well liked. (-100)
    To maintain a healthy diet, it's important to eat a variety of nutrient-dense foods that provide your body with essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. This means including plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats in your meals.

On the other hand, it's important to limit your intake of processed and sugary foods. These types of foods tend to be high in calories and low in nutrients, which can contribute to weight gain and other health problems. Instead, choose whole foods that are minimally processed and lower in added sugars.

It's also important to pay attention to portion sizes. Even healthy foods can lead to weight gain if you eat too much of them. Use smaller plates, measure out your servings, and pay attention to your body's hunger and fullness signals.

Staying hydrated is essential for overall health. Aim to drink plenty of water throughout the day, and limit your intake of sugary drinks like soda and juice.

anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    The percentages of the macros seems good to me, 156g of protein is a reasonable amount to keep the muscle. I would suggest interchangeably eating hard boiled eggs at breakfast instead of Protein weetabix, it would be more natural and eggs have a tendency to help you burn fat. Good luck!