brandon8one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein requirements, carb cravings

I am looking to get my sugar cravings under control, and know that taking in to much protein can actually be a cause of this. I am quite on top of nutrition, though haven't found much information on this subject. I weight 76 kgs, and take in over around 2.5 - 3 gm per kg. Thanks

pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10) pizzasmasher is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brandon8one View Post
    I am looking to get my sugar cravings under control, and know that taking in to much protein can actually be a cause of this. I am quite on top of nutrition, though haven't found much information on this subject. I weight 76 kgs, and take in over around 2.5 - 3 gm per kg. Thanks
    imo that's a lot of protein. i'm around the same weight and i usually don't go over 2 per kg. i used to consume even up to 250-270g as some stupid folks recommend and i found no added benefit. the only thing i saw it was shrinking was the money in my bank account.

it can probably be. see the protein leverage hypothesis.

to curb cravings i used to chew zero sugar gums, have coffee, sparkling water, zero cal drinks like coke or pepsi max. if you are really struggling just up your fibre intake or add some to your shakes. you can add some 0 call jelly here and there.

i know it's not everyone's cup of coffee, but i do IF and i realised that if i space my meals throughout the day, my cravings are out of control. if it is not a big issue for you, give it a try.