willingtogrind is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is my scapula winging?

I've been doing workouts during quarantine and noticed whenever I do rows, I dont get the same feeling of activation in one side. So I started to look at my back more often and started moving around and noticed my scapula isn't as defined as the other side. At first I thought it might be an imbalance on the teres major since it pops out more but I'm not confident in that. If it is a winged scapula is there a fix for it or is it going to stay like that?

LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think it might be because you are performing wrong exercises. Are you sure that you are following the correct technique?

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by willingtogrind View Post
    I've been doing workouts during quarantine and noticed whenever I do rows, I dont get the same feeling of activation in one side. So I started to look at my back more often and started moving around and noticed my scapula isn't as defined as the other side. At first I thought it might be an imbalance on the teres major since it pops out more but I'm not confident in that. If it is a winged scapula is there a fix for it or is it going to stay like that?
    rows wont fix scapula winging, it can actually make it worse if you row by squeezing shoulders blade together when the elbow pass the shoulder line. This movement work too much rhomboids which are resposinble for downward rotation and anteriory tilting (winging). You want to do opposite, upward rotation and posterior tiling. Wall slides can help you to strenghten serratus anterior (key muscle for preventing winging) lot of over head presses gonna be benneficial as well as work on strenghtening your upper traps by modified shrugs.